• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42964 replies to this topic

#40241 Smg1293

Smg1293

More Gear Than Talent

• Die Hard
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

4 more days till I leave to Frisco, pretty hyped..

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

I got to use a 500cm with a 30mm the other day. I have no clue how someone would feel comfortable shooting skating with that much money in their hands. :D

#40242 Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum
  • Established Member
  • 647 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

To everybody that develops their own C41 on here, what kind of developer are you using?

I've been using this stuff for C41. Peep my Flickr or Tumblr for examples. It's quick and simple and gives good results:

http://www.bhphotovi...ss_Kit_for.html

#40243 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,039 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

4 more days till I leave to Frisco, pretty hyped..

Listen to this on your way into town...

#40244 Stefan C.

Stefan C.

imposter.

• Die Hard
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

Is it OK to call it 'Frisco'?

#40245 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,039 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

Is it OK to call it 'Frisco'?

Since he's not from there, yes.

#40246 button rewind

button rewind

Lilbaby

• Die Hard
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

I'm pretty pissed about this Fuji processing shit.

I sent out 5 rolls about a week ago, three 120 and two 35mm, one of which was e-6.

The only c41 35mm roll said "Process only, no prints. Cut and sleeved"

I got back double prints and negatives tossed into a paper envelope. They charged me 12 bucks. I called up Fuji pretty pissed because the folks at Rite Aid told me the couldn't do anything. The manager tells me that they "don't offer process-only, every order has to come with prints". Ok sure, whatever. I ask her about the negatives not being sleeved and she tells me "we no longer off sleeving services either". wtf is that? This is a photo processing plant......and they don't "offer" sleeved negatives? What kind of ass backwardsness is this?

The other rolls won't be back for another week and Im hoping they're ok since it seems Fuji doesn't process the 120 itself. But im pretty fucking pissed about spending 12 bucks on 72 shitty prints and scratched negatives.

edit: On a lighter note I did run into a friend there who was simultaneously buying Plan B and a Valentines card.
I find myself thanking [the above poster] more than god everyday

Julien is a pussy bitch nigga and he isn't going to change your name and steve is to fat and lethargic to do anything besides "hurr durr server needs more ram" so your name is not going to get changed.

supposivily

#40247 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,039 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

What kind of ass backwardsness is this?

When I sent 120 out to the lab via the Walmart photo department, it would randomly come back with no sleeves, just tossed into an envelope. It's pretty shitty considering they know what affect that can have on the negatives. You aren't the only one, though. It's dumb.

#40248 Stefan C.

Stefan C.

imposter.

• Die Hard
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

Posted Image
"There was this sweet necklace shop..."

#40249 snowdon

snowdon

don beech

• Die Hard
  • 6,083 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

i'm thinking....
dual feathered softbox from left/right behind...
beauty dish up front.

always been my dream setup.
i'm shooting an entire GROUP so i need some major fill though

Is this for that Q magazine cover? What is the group? a band? Props for getting that kind of shit dude,

i met a guy today who's grandfather and father are camera repairmen in france. one worked at rollei and he is going to ask his grandfather to repair my rollei <1
we had coffee today & we nerded out for a couple hours.
nice people are the best~

Hearing things like this gets me stoked.

I bought a T2i for video, ending up using it like 5 times within the year I had it. Sold it for a Leica and I can honestly say it was the best decision I've ever made and I haven't even shot with the Leica yet.

With that said, it's a fun camera and not too expensive but it can get pricey with all the other stuff you need for a complete setup.

Your the one with M4-P right?

advice bros, Although its ultimately my choice, which of these for a study abroad appeals to you:
Brussels
Prague
Madrid
London, although this is not a top choice at all, just throwing it in the list.

I was going to try to goto south america, after realizing how bad my spanish has gotten and the more advanced language requirement, I have had to change to a program that is taught in english, as apposed to a different language.
blog
Site
Flickr

bro i got a summicron i don't need to be able to see colour.

#40250 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,039 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

Prague

That one

#40251 itsryan

itsryan

my lungs hurt

• Die Hard
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

I

The rolls of bw I got back recently were cut and sleeved, although when I asked for my c-41 negs they came back loose.

#40252 van.g.r.

van.g.r.
  • Die Hard
  • 417 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

That is a bummer man, I did get one roll back that wasn't sleeved but my negs were fine luckily. I don't think its cheap for 35mm (because its like you said 36/72 prints) where 120 you only get 12 or 10 prints. I haven't had a problem yet and I've done a good amount of rolls. All have been $1.77, for 35mm i just go to costco and have them process and scan for $4, the guy likes me now so he usually just gives it to me for free.

#40253 TWash

TWash
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

Your the one with M4-P right?

Yeah, just picked one up.

Also, anyone need some 6x7 negative sleeves? I bought a pack of 25 and only needed a couple. If you need them just let me know and I'll get them shipped out to you.

#40254 Ethan13

Ethan13

SP's grimiest

• Die Hard
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

Brussels
Prague

I'd get like $10000 dollars in pennies, then drop it out of an airplane. you know how people say if you drop a penny off of the empire state building it would kill someone? I'd kill an entire town... and that weapon of mass destruction would only cost me $10000 dollars.

i h7 when terrerists
clickr
CC

pootube
Legit: RPD foolz

#40255 Stefan C.

Stefan C.

imposter.

• Die Hard
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

I could not imagine living in Brussels for very long. It is a mess kinda

#40256 Hypnotizedd

Hypnotizedd
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

i have an olympus 35 RD, debating on getting is fixed, but its a $150 repair. Just watched one end on ebay for 200 though.

#40257 TomasM

TomasM
  • Die Hard
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

But im pretty fucking pissed about spending 12 bucks on 72 shitty prints and scratched negatives.

Cheapest place I can find in Australia charges $10 per 24 exposure roll, and I get scratchy negatives everytime, you guys in America have it easy.
Flickr

oh so this is a skateboarding forum after all

print journalism? GROWTH INDUSTRY.

#40258 Hypnotizedd

Hypnotizedd
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

Cheapest place I can find in Australia charges $10 per 24 exposure roll, and I get scratchy negatives everytime, you guys in America have it easy.

Shit, i would just develop at home if that was the case.

#40259 button rewind

button rewind

Lilbaby

• Die Hard
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

That is a bummer man, I did get one roll back that wasn't sleeved but my negs were fine luckily. I don't think its cheap for 35mm (because its like you said 36/72 prints) where 120 you only get 12 or 10 prints. I haven't had a problem yet and I've done a good amount of rolls. All have been $1.77, for 35mm i just go to costco and have them process and scan for $4, the guy likes me now so he usually just gives it to me for free.

Yeah, some investigating leads me to believe that anything other than c41 35mm is sent from Fuji to Dwaynes, in Kansas. Same place that did Kr. If that's the case it totally makes sense that the 120 and whatnot turns out well; Dwayne's is a reputable processor. Fuji on the other hand is just batch processing massive amounts of 35mm without as much care. Back to Costco i go for 35.

This would blow dick.
I find myself thanking [the above poster] more than god everyday

Julien is a pussy bitch nigga and he isn't going to change your name and steve is to fat and lethargic to do anything besides "hurr durr server needs more ram" so your name is not going to get changed.

supposivily

#40260 The1910Project

The1910Project
  • Die Hard
  • 3,783 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

Where did I leave my car keys? $200 to replace... person who recommends the right place to find them by midnight gets $10 paypal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users