Photo

How To Cure An Ear Ache

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brian12507

Brian12507

Shredsledder

• Die Hard
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:09 PM

I think we all remember how much ear aches hurt as a little kid :) . Thank god we don't get them as often once were older. However, our Eustacian tubes are still vulnerable to ear infections.. I just had an earache, and after a little research i found out a nice thing to keep out the pain.

First I'm gonna list off the things your NOT supposed to do:
1. Do NOT try to clean your ear with those cotton things, your eardrum is swollen, and there is a much greater chance you puncture your eardrum.
2. Don't blow your nose either, your just giving the outside bacteria easier access to your Eustacian tubes.

Those are the 2 big ones, otherwise just don't be stupid. An example of being stupid would be taking 5000 Advil like half the people here would say.

Now Here's how to fix the pain.

Option 1. Take a cotton ball (or if you don't have any just rip some off a Kleenex) dab the end of it into warm olive oil, then put it in your ear. Its a little wierd but it works, you can just clean your precious ear out afterwards.

Option 2. This one helps a lot, CHEW GUM the yawning-like motion helps open the tube allowing for more relief. More bacteria might get in as a result of this but probably not. I was fine, at least. I suggest Juicy Fruit. Get a pack too, your gonna want a lot.

Option 3. Take a towel/cloth and put it in some warm water and put it on the affected ear.

Option 4. Despite what your momma tells you DO NOT lay down. I repeat DO NOT lay down, this makes the problem worse, because the blood has more access to your head, resulting in a massive headache. If the ache hits you later in the day like it did me, sleep upright. Sleeping upright helps so much, the blood drains from your head, and falling asleep is so much easier. Just watch tv till your so bored you pass out.

Make sure to take the gum out of your mouth before you go to bed. So you don't die.

Option 5. Eat and Drink a lot. Swallowing helps get rid of the crap from the Eustacian tubes.

Option 6. If it's so bad and none of this is working, you gotta bring out the big guns. First take a decongestant, Drink MASSIVE amounts of Vitamin C, i drank some OJ and Emergen-C. Then out comes the arty. This is something i took from a website.

Prepare a steam inhalation by adding several drops of Eucalyptus essential oil or a teaspoon of Vick's to nearly boiling water in a bowl. Place a towel over your head and inhale the steam through the nose 3 times a day until pain subsides. This will help to open the Eustachian tubes, easing pressure and help to drain the fluids from the ear.

That's it, if it still hurts, I advise you go to the Doctor because it might be a ruptured eardrum, which is bad unless you get to a Doc. If its not that bad of an ache and its just kinda pissing you off, just do the first 2 and play mad video games, you don't have to follow through with all the steps. If its intense do all the steps backwards, Steam first then afterwards do all the other crap to make all the shit stay away.

I know this topic seems useless, but when you get an earache, you will remember this thread and praise me for it.

Sorry for all the run on sentences, but I'm kinda ranting.

It's called a sentence and it was better grammar than yours.

BRIGADIERS

#2 'skamoe

'skamoe
  • 6,303 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:34 PM

pretty random, but very detailed and helpful at the same time topic. good job. :)

#3 Brian12507

Brian12507

Shredsledder

• Die Hard
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:33 PM

connect your mouth to your ears, its mad small.

It's called a sentence and it was better grammar than yours.

BRIGADIERS

#4 Sideonecincy

Sideonecincy

The 513

• 3,481 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:34 PM

Is this serious?

If you have an ear ache, how about um, going to the doctor?
My (relation) has a new (tech item), and it's always (choose one: freezing, crashing, under performing). On the other hand, my (other tech item) is much better and it's totally better than (tech item), it even has (feature/app) that doesn't come on (tech item), and it was doing that (time period) ago. I pity those fools who use (tech item).