Photo

Skate Videos on IRC

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 skizata

skizata
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 05:38 PM

you can get any big name skate video and a lot of the bigger local videos on IRC. What are your thoughts about this? kinda controvercial i guess.

-pete

#2 grecs2gbaker

grecs2gbaker

Grammar Patrol

• Members
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:13 PM

what's IRC?

#3 skizata

skizata
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:15 PM

Internet Relay Chat...its been around for a long while and there are channels where you can download any type of warez and almost every skate video.

#4 Chris Hupman

Chris Hupman

gt: chnasty

• Members
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:22 PM

technically its legal but i dunno it seems a bit shifty.

while on topic, what is the address to get to the perception irc channel?
Posted Image - company commercial

im pretty sure this is better then "what hand do u wipe your ass with" thread.

-nikesb23

#5 steveg413

steveg413
  • Die Hard
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:36 PM

connect to irc2.otherside.net
channel: #perception

and you're not supposed to talk about warez on these forums.

#6 JasonJenkins

JasonJenkins
  • 8,724 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:27 PM

You can talk about the channel, just not what your getting there. As far as anyone is concerned, its a chat program. If irc2.othersideirc.com doesn't work, try irc.new-wave.net (this is what I use). I love IRC and have met a lot of dudes all over the world because of it. I met with a french guy today in fact from IRC.

sp promotes some of the worst financial decisions ever

#7 steveg413

steveg413
  • Die Hard
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 09:12 PM

i know, jenkins.
but the topic that the kid that posted this was about downloading skate videos off of irc. and that is what i was talking about

#8 FatDanny

FatDanny

Wood Rider

• Die Hard
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 09:58 PM

i dunno liek i'll get to the point of where i want to see a video so bad so i download it but i don't like the idea of it like they put hard work into makign those videos so i really don't liek it.... like if i was makign a video of that size i'd like to make moeny off of it not have a bunch of random kids downloadign it for free that would jsut piss me off so after i downlaod it i almost feel like igotta go buy it even if i ain't got money to spare for a skatye video
lookin' for a good time.... well, don't pm me if you are, I'm boring.

#9 whatsapro

whatsapro
  • Established Member
  • 322 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:08 PM

Yeah, its obviously wrong to download shit that isn't supposed to be free. But it's a very common thing nowadays. Not as common as mp3's are but still. You can download skatevideo's off of p2p networks as well. I highly doubt any big profit loss is because of this.

but in my opinoin, owning a skate video is much better. you can take pride in the collection you have. like that old ass Plan B video thats in mint condition.

I say support the skateboard industry by buying the shit. Although the video's are getting full of more and more ads and crap footage.

WhatsAPro.com
Mark

Check out WhatsAPro.com

The AF put me in South Dakota - How lucky can I get?

#10 ns4life

ns4life

rolling up sinsemilla all day

• Die Hard
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:53 PM

I understand people downloading videos because honeslty i do too. But i am 14 with no job and $30 is way to much for a skatevideo. I can buy a deck for that much. So it is just more convient to dowload the movie for free.
Posted Image
destroy, rebuild, plant the seeds, reclaim victory

#11 JasonJenkins

JasonJenkins
  • 8,724 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 04:27 AM

If a movie is good then I'll buy it, but some of the vids 1) I can't buy anywhere, 2) suck so badly that I'm glad I didn't buy them. IRC is like a little test run basically for me - if a vids worth buying, I'll buy it.

sp promotes some of the worst financial decisions ever

#12 Garrett

Garrett

Vtec Lawnmower

• Established Member
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:47 AM

I've done it before, but only to see if I like the video.

if you don't buy it, its like watching the entire video in a skateshop.
titofreefreee (1:25:03 PM): apparently now whenever you have a differnt opinion than someone over the internet, you have to go to their house and fight them about it