Photo

Skate Videos on IRC

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 skizata

skizata
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 05:38 PM

you can get any big name skate video and a lot of the bigger local videos on IRC. What are your thoughts about this? kinda controvercial i guess.

-pete

#2 grecs2gbaker

grecs2gbaker

Grammar Patrol

• Members
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:13 PM

what's IRC?

#3 skizata

skizata
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:15 PM

Internet Relay Chat...its been around for a long while and there are channels where you can download any type of warez and almost every skate video.

#4 Chris Hupman

Chris Hupman

gt: chnasty

• Members
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:22 PM

technically its legal but i dunno it seems a bit shifty.

while on topic, what is the address to get to the perception irc channel?
Posted Image - company commercial

im pretty sure this is better then "what hand do u wipe your ass with" thread.

-nikesb23

#5 steveg413

steveg413
  • Die Hard
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:36 PM

connect to irc2.otherside.net
channel: #perception

and you're not supposed to talk about warez on these forums.

#6 JasonJenkins

JasonJenkins
  • 8,724 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 07:27 PM

You can talk about the channel, just not what your getting there. As far as anyone is concerned, its a chat program. If irc2.othersideirc.com doesn't work, try irc.new-wave.net (this is what I use). I love IRC and have met a lot of dudes all over the world because of it. I met with a french guy today in fact from IRC.

sp promotes some of the worst financial decisions ever

#7 steveg413

steveg413
  • Die Hard
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 09:12 PM

i know, jenkins.
but the topic that the kid that posted this was about downloading skate videos off of irc. and that is what i was talking about

#8 FatDanny

FatDanny

Wood Rider

• Die Hard
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 09:58 PM

i dunno liek i'll get to the point of where i want to see a video so bad so i download it but i don't like the idea of it like they put hard work into makign those videos so i really don't liek it.... like if i was makign a video of that size i'd like to make moeny off of it not have a bunch of random kids downloadign it for free that would jsut piss me off so after i downlaod it i almost feel like igotta go buy it even if i ain't got money to spare for a skatye video
lookin' for a good time.... well, don't pm me if you are, I'm boring.

#9 whatsapro

whatsapro
  • Established Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:08 PM

Yeah, its obviously wrong to download shit that isn't supposed to be free. But it's a very common thing nowadays. Not as common as mp3's are but still. You can download skatevideo's off of p2p networks as well. I highly doubt any big profit loss is because of this.

but in my opinoin, owning a skate video is much better. you can take pride in the collection you have. like that old ass Plan B video thats in mint condition.

I say support the skateboard industry by buying the shit. Although the video's are getting full of more and more ads and crap footage.

WhatsAPro.com

Mark

#10 ns4life

ns4life

rolling up sinsemilla all day

• Die Hard
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:53 PM

I understand people downloading videos because honeslty i do too. But i am 14 with no job and $30 is way to much for a skatevideo. I can buy a deck for that much. So it is just more convient to dowload the movie for free.
Posted Image
destroy, rebuild, plant the seeds, reclaim victory

#11 JasonJenkins

JasonJenkins
  • 8,724 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 04:27 AM

If a movie is good then I'll buy it, but some of the vids 1) I can't buy anywhere, 2) suck so badly that I'm glad I didn't buy them. IRC is like a little test run basically for me - if a vids worth buying, I'll buy it.

sp promotes some of the worst financial decisions ever

#12 Garrett

Garrett

Vtec Lawnmower

• Established Member
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:47 AM

I've done it before, but only to see if I like the video.

if you don't buy it, its like watching the entire video in a skateshop.
titofreefreee (1:25:03 PM): apparently now whenever you have a differnt opinion than someone over the internet, you have to go to their house and fight them about it