Photo

Fisheye Glass Mk1

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 jersey44habitat

jersey44habitat
  • Die Hard
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:08 PM

I was wondering if there is any kind of numbers on fisheye glass to identify that its the orginal glass elements in the fisheye. i know mk1s have number on the rim of the metal part of the fisheye, i was wondering if there is numbers on the glass on edges or anywhere on glass like back side of glass that you would be able to tell its the orginal glass that came with taht lens?

vx-medal-bronze-1.png Assignment 21
vx-medal-bronze-1.png Assignment 60
vx-medal-bronze-1.png assignment 179
vx-medal-bronze-1.png assignment 182

#2 Alex likes to film

Alex likes to film
  • Established Member
  • 506 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:03 PM

whats the difference?
Legit:
The Boss ( cap cam )
Ukenedie ( local )
mr mojo risin ( 100mm 2.8 )

3. Why are you using your main camera to capture? Didn't anyone tell you that is punishable by death?

i duct tape my xtreme onto my hmc150

#3 ABflyersk8r

ABflyersk8r

SD>HD

• Established Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

I was wondering if there is any kind of numbers on fisheye glass to identify that its the orginal glass elements in the fisheye. i know mk1s have number on the rim of the metal part of the fisheye, i was wondering if there is numbers on the glass on edges or anywhere on glass like back side of glass that you would be able to tell its the orginal glass that came with taht lens?

its a 112mm front element if that helps
VX1000/MK1 <3333
YOUTUBE

i just bought a vx1k and i wanted to know how to deleted footy from the vx

Clearly you're not a repair center. If you are, you're not particularly good at it. This is the most ridiculous thread I've read to date.

Legit list in profile

#4 jersey44habitat

jersey44habitat
  • Die Hard
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:26 PM

hmm i guess you dont understand what im saying, there is a serial number on the metal part of the lens, is there anyway i can tell if the glass element is the orginal glass by reading a number off the glass element on the back side? make sense?

#5 qp

qp
  • Die Hard
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:51 PM

hmm i guess you dont understand what im saying, there is a serial number on the metal part of the lens, is there anyway i can tell if the glass element is the orginal glass by reading a number off the glass element on the back side? make sense?

Like, the glass being engraved with a serial number?

#6 DanyloS.

DanyloS.
  • Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:23 PM

He wants to know the serial number of the front element.

id rather get a handjob than see this.

too bad you probably won't get either.

FO SALE YO!
Xbox 360 pro
GTA 4 (XBOX)
Skate. 3 (XBOX)
MW2 (XBOX)
GTA3 (PC ***RUSSIAN COPY***)
Tech Deck hardware
Flatface G6 O's (SUPER CHEAP, ILL LET THEM GO FOR 15!!!!!)
Painted Tech Deck trucks.

LEGIT
Magic City Filmer - Ipod nano.

#7 thomas

thomas

Thomas Helvenstine

• Established Member
  • 902 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

The serial number that comes with your Mk1 as a proof of purchase probably corresponds to everything manufactured with that specific lens or so I'm guessing.

YouTube

I'm in a band called Shores. You should check us out! 
www.facebook.com/shoresofficial

#8 jersey44habitat

jersey44habitat
  • Die Hard
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:39 PM

Like, the glass being engraved with a serial number?

yea is the glass engraved anywhere with a serial number?

ive had a couple mk1's and different front elements, i just bought a whole brand new mk1 with a warranty on acidental damage it was like 80-90bucks for 3years. if it gets scratched they replace it. i got this cause i was tired of getting scratches and buying new glass over and over so now i just scratched the new lens i bought with insurance so i have to send the whole lens back to some company for them to replace it. the lens has a slight scratch that only shows up just barely.

anyway i have another lens that is scratched and has dots on the glass from it falling on the ground due to bayo getting ripped off. so i need a lens to film with in the time being my lens is gone and i dont really want to film with my old lens with the dots on it. id rather try to switch the glass in the two lenses and film with the one with the slight scratch that shows up a lil bit cause it doensnt show up as much. still sucks though. either way both of the lenses are scratched, but i was wondering if the glass elements have any micro scratched in serial numbers in them anywhere? if they do then im not going to switch the glass, ill just deal with the old one for now if i have to, cause i dont want to void this waranty and have them trying to think im going to scam them but im not. Im highly against stealing and scamming people and companies. so yea tahts why im asking if theres a serial number engraved in the glass elements in the back or something. thanks

#9 yrint

yrint
  • Die Hard
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:23 PM

nah they're shoulding be. the casing has one but the glass doesn't. i've had a couple mk2's appart and neither had serials on them so i don't think mk1's would.
Flickr
Posted Image x1

#10 iluvx1000

iluvx1000
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:34 PM

sell me the old one. and i realy doubt the wold enrave it anywhere on the glass seems like more trouble for them considering most people just buy a new front element and dont have the plan.

#11 somerockenguy

somerockenguy
  • Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:42 PM

the only think they may notice if you took them apart is if you broke the glue sealant the lens has around the ring keeping the glass in (does it have glue or is it just mad hard to take off?) when you take it apart try to lut the ring back on the same exact way. idk but they might have some procedure where the little tool holes are always lined up with a certain part of the lens body. just a thought
Youtube
Flickr

Legit:
Jason808 - I bought his custom gaming/editing pc

you know what they say...
"if she wants it, give it to her. and if she doesn't, give it to her twice as hard. especially if she's underage."

#12 yrint

yrint
  • Die Hard
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:33 PM

who's to say it didn't come loose and you had to tighten it? cuz that happened with my mk2 once. that's irelevant to if they would repair it i think. or even to just clean it... i know some of you guys have gotten lens inside your century optics from time to time.
Flickr
Posted Image x1

#13 iluvx1000

iluvx1000
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

they would just think he cleaned it or something

#14 pieceofshitjewishasshole

pieceofshitjewishasshole
  • Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:59 PM

whats the difference?

the og lens is better the schneider optics lens
hv30<33
want to buy:shotgun mic, 43mm opteka/century. pm me.