Photo

Vx1000 Colors

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#1 nickbatmale

nickbatmale
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:11 PM

Just wondering but how do you guys set your
Color Level
Sharpness
WB shift
AE shift
And where do you set you shutter speed normally

#2 ABflyersk8r

ABflyersk8r

SD>HD

• Established Member
  • 815 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:14 PM

Just wondering but how do you guys set your
Color Level
Sharpness
WB shift
AE shift
And where do you set you shutter speed normally

color level full right, sharpness, 1 left of the middle, WB shift varies for lighting, AE shift i dont mess with, and for shutter, 350-1000 in normal light, and try and keep the exposure at 5.6 whenever possible for fisheye
VX1000/MK1 <3333
YOUTUBE

i just bought a vx1k and i wanted to know how to deleted footy from the vx

Clearly you're not a repair center. If you are, you're not particularly good at it. This is the most ridiculous thread I've read to date.

Legit list in profile

#3 flocente5

flocente5
  • Die Hard
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:51 PM

color level either one or two up from auto, wb shift pretty high usually, high shutter speed (like 500+) cause i have scratches on my lens, sharpness on auto, no ae shift, and usually like 5.6-2.8 aperture

#4 cooperwinterson

cooperwinterson
  • Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:54 PM

honestly, never put your color level up all the way, at least 1 down from the top, sharpness as they said 1 up from the middle, and white balance whatever.
also, if you change everything in your EVF settings down one notch it gives you more realistic colors (how they actually look on the comp), and also try and keep your aperture at f/ 5.6, or at night 9db. (5.6 makes everything crisper, and 9db gives little - no grain) never set your shutter lower than 60 or higher than like maybe 500. some people will say lower than 500
VeeEx1Marck1

Legit:
Taylor r- sold me d80
Bwhite D80- traded vx1mk1 setup for d80/ sigma 10 setup

flickr yewtewb

I dunno what I'd do if film was discontinued.

steal an m9.
anyone want to ocean's 11 B&H?

#5 flocente5

flocente5
  • Die Hard
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:46 PM

am i the only one who ever adds a little bit of treble to the audio on my vx? like its perfect how it is but i think it makes it sound a lot crispier than it sounds before i add it

#6 'skamoe

'skamoe
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:59 PM

honestly, never put your color level up all the way, at least 1 down from the top, sharpness as they said 1 up from the middle, and white balance whatever.
also, if you change everything in your EVF settings down one notch it gives you more realistic colors (how they actually look on the comp), and also try and keep your aperture at f/ 5.6, or at night 9db. (5.6 makes everything crisper, and 9db gives little - no grain) never set your shutter lower than 60 or higher than like maybe 500. some people will say lower than 500

Doesn't matter how it looks on your computer unless the final destination of the video is a medium FOR the computer like the internet. The computer doesn't accurately show what your footage looks like.
The whole thing about keeping the iris at f 5.6 just seems silly, there's a reason it can be adjusted. If anything, try to keep it closed down more to get a deeper depth of field so you can avoid having to pull the focus while shooting.

#7 mr mojo risin'

mr mojo risin'

Poor Brittany

• Die Hard
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:28 PM

well i think he means keep it around 5.6 for fisheye shots, i mean, there will be those exceptions (and properly exposing the trick is more important than having crisp vignetting) but for a general rule i try to keep it at 5.6

blurry vig just grinds my gears.

#8 ishootskaters

ishootskaters
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:40 PM

Tell me which is your favorite video, i have a vx2100 with an opteka
any advice??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXPvh_kS4Qc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxNEeMh-f0I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVlvQGNL9JY

#9 Bwhite D80

Bwhite D80
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:04 PM

yep sharpness 1 notch ,color 1 notch(both from the middle)gain -3,i dont set white balance go with natura

#10 Chris M

Chris M
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:25 PM

Where is the aperture setting located??

#11 mikeyisfilming

mikeyisfilming
  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:46 PM

why not just all AuTo DoOd???
http://youtube.com/michaelmagyarosi

I NEED A FUCKING VX1K!!! PM ME IF YOU GOT ONE!!!
Posted Image

LEGIT:
LETS GET ON THE FOOTY( sold me vx1000/light)
Fatc(sold me mini tripod/local)
Kevin Gazitua(bought capcam)

#12 Tanner!

Tanner!

Nice

• Die Hard
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:53 AM

Everyone is saying sharpness should be at 1 notch from the middle.. I thought if you set the sharpness fully 100% to the right it would be much crispier and better?.. am I wrong?

#13 'skamoe

'skamoe
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:55 AM

Trying to digitally make up information that doesn't exist is rarely a good idea.

#14 Tanner!

Tanner!

Nice

• Die Hard
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:17 AM

Trying to digitally make up information that doesn't exist is rarely a good idea.

What are you talking about?

#15 yrint

yrint
  • Die Hard
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:48 AM

i alwys rocked my 2k at one notch lower than full sharpness and sat at about 2 up. without the sharpness i find footage looks too flat. i go full out with my fx1. full sharpness and saturation. it's a pretty poorly satrated camera otherwise and flat.
Flickr
Posted Image x1

#16 Markie

Markie
  • Die Hard
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:36 PM

shutterspeed, 300 - 1000, always try to get the exposure at 5.6
whitebalance of blue, AE shift one click from the left, color two clicks from left
but in the end it always depends on the weather and time of day

#17 Tanner!

Tanner!

Nice

• Die Hard
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:42 PM

Everyone is saying sharpness should be at 1 notch from the middle.. I thought if you set the sharpness fully 100% to the right it would be much crispier and better?.. am I wrong?

Can someone please answer this?

#18 flxh

flxh
  • Established Member
  • 789 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:10 PM

Well Im not sure about this, but think of it like this. If you keep sharpening an image on photoshop there comes a point where it starts to be detrimental to the overall quality and appearance of the image. Id say the same is true of the vx1. Not to say that it has the same effect aesthetically, just in principal its the same.

The whole thing about keeping the iris at f 5.6 just seems silly, there's a reason it can be adjusted. If anything, try to keep it closed down more to get a deeper depth of field so you can avoid having to pull the focus while shooting.

This, the whole "F 5.6 ONLY RUL" is just another one of these elitist SP things.
UNLEGIT:
Blazer Lows

get sum tall tees nigga ull b the freshest wite guy in windsor cop sum dickies too

#19 NickEliot

NickEliot
  • Die Hard
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:05 PM

shutterspeed, 300 - 1000, always try to get the exposure at 5.6
whitebalance of blue, AE shift one click from the left, color two clicks from left
but in the end it always depends on the weather and time of day

Woah... you keep your shutter speed just a bit to high my friend.
vx1mk1
60d/Peleng

#20 bobtheswan

bobtheswan
  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:24 PM

Can someone please answer this?

answer him
Legit:
LeVon James
mr mojo risin'