Photo

Lenses For Sale- Trying To Get By On Some Street Cred

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
84 replies to this topic

#61 scott pommier

scott pommier
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:12 PM

if you were as picky with your exposures, your framing and your timing as you are about my hygene, then maybe you could get a cover. zing.

fisheye sent off.

the 1d would be on its way too, but apparently you can't mail batteries, who knew? fucking post office.

#62 snowdon

snowdon

don beech

• Die Hard
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:14 PM

thank you sir. i would just mail the camera with the battery in it?

i have bought 2 replacement 1D batteries that were mailed to me, i dont know why they wouldnt mail a battery.
blog
Site
Flickr

bro i got a summicron i don't need to be able to see colour.

#63 Trix

Trix

trill shit

• Established Member
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:17 PM

the 1d would be on its way too, but apparently you can't mail batteries, who knew? fucking post office.

that sounds pretty shit. how are we gonna work this out?

also, you've got my address now, right?
I own Pommier's old 1D, how about you?

Flickr.
Tumblr.
City Surf
CSC

#64 snowdon

snowdon

don beech

• Die Hard
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:20 PM

scott, how did you ship the 15mm? i was just curious, just so i know when to expect it.
blog
Site
Flickr

bro i got a summicron i don't need to be able to see colour.

#65 OGmike

OGmike

dude man.

• 4,480 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:09 PM

hey scott i sent you an email

#66 Trix

Trix

trill shit

• Established Member
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:19 PM

if it's about the 1D, sorry but it's mine.
I own Pommier's old 1D, how about you?

Flickr.
Tumblr.
City Surf
CSC

#67 OGmike

OGmike

dude man.

• 4,480 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:46 PM

nope i already got one demz

#68 Jonny Cage

Jonny Cage

Back from the Dead.

• 2,865 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:23 PM

When you say "really good nick," does that mean damaged or that it's a really good deal? Sorry, just not entirely understanding the lingo.
Posted Image

#69 mikejl29

mikejl29
  • Die Hard
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:49 PM

That means its in good shape.

#70 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:19 PM

if you were as picky with your exposures, your framing and your timing as you are about my hygene, then maybe you could get a cover. zing.

who's that at?

#71 Jeff713

Jeff713

Texas skateboarding.

• Die Hard
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:08 AM

When you say "really good nick," does that mean damaged or that it's a really good deal? Sorry, just not entirely understanding the lingo.

haha I was thinking the same thing, I was like how do you get a nick on a 90mm ts.

who's that at?

Whoever was talking about his dirty fingers or something.

#72 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:12 AM

Whoever was talking about his dirty fingers or something.

thats what i figured, just thought it was an oddly defensive remark for a message board/grown man combo (same with the response to the color balancing joke). plus i don't shoot skateboarding. it's kinda boring.

#73 scott pommier

scott pommier
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:41 PM

trust me, i don't take white balance or the condition of my nails seriously (and honestly that's about the cleanest they're ever been) they were flip replies to flip comments, all meant in fun.

#74 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:37 PM

trust me, i don't take white balance or the condition of my nails seriously (and honestly that's about the cleanest they're ever been) they were flip replies to flip comments, all meant in fun.

good. i was hoping it stayed in the realm of good fun, the finger nail comment was definitely not serious. do you take pictures while you're riding motorcycles? or are you on a car or truck or something in front of the guys riding? i want a knuckle so bad.

#75 kohlton

kohlton

whore

• Die Hard
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:03 PM

hahhah, scott friggen pommier...no way!

best thread ever.

If you come anywhere near Chicago, I promise I will find you and break your cameras.

website, bro

#76 scott pommier

scott pommier
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:34 PM

yeah, most of the riding stuff is from another bike. the one of my friend keegan, surfing the little 350 is from a car window, and the stuff in the tears from the harley ads is from a camera truck that has a big cherry picker type rig on the back, it's basically a very expensive and elabourate way to get a shot that looks like it's taken out of the open door of a minivan. but yeah, on bike trips. there's no chase van, it's all shot from the bike. i like it, it's like when people video skateboarding, they do it from another skateboard. it takes people who don't skateboard a second to figure that out when they see the footage. i love that you need to be able to skateboard just to film skateboarding (although i heard deanna templeton used to film ed white rollerskating, which would work pretty well, especially for curbs) and is adorable to boot)

#77 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:13 PM

(although i heard deanna templeton used to film ed white rollerskating, which would work pretty well, especially for curbs) and is adorable to boot)

that's pretty funny to picture in my head, no matter who the guy/girl.

that reminds me...i've always wondered how they filmed chris senn's line in emerica's "this is skateboarding" during the ending credits. it's shot from in front of him and it's a fast paced, fairly long line going down several sets of stairs. either somebody is a fuckin' phenomenal backwards skater/filmer or they did something special.

anyway, thanks for the info, though. and thanks for the pictures. your motorcycle pictures in particular, the character behind them and the mood they portray (and some of the ones on schaaf's blog and that flying dutchman guy's work) have gotten me to keep saving up for a good bike down the road.

#78 Jeff713

Jeff713

Texas skateboarding.

• Die Hard
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:36 AM

I'll second the :wub: for your bike photos.

#79 400nc

400nc

PORTRA

• Established Member
  • 832 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:44 PM

"there's nothing better than having someone tell you that your work is terrible"

#80 Mikeal

Mikeal

sup witchu

• Established Member
  • 981 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:29 PM

that photo on your site of colin lambert, where's that from?

Shredstick Love

You cannot look me in the eyes and tell me honestly that everyone has to go to school and college and shit and make money to get all the material things they want. Are you crazy? There's an infinitely vast amount of knowlege that school is just blinding you from. You think all these people cutting our grass and studying to be lawyers are likeing what they do? Nah... The real people that are happy are the people doing nothing but expressing their creativity.

.SpUkeSociety.