Photo

Sellouts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

#21 Brian12507

Brian12507

Shredsledder

• Die Hard
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:35 AM

but it does mean that you are a complete fuck.

It's called a sentence and it was better grammar than yours.

BRIGADIERS

#22 Cousin It.

Cousin It.
  • Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:38 AM

im curious as to what this "background info on greg lutzka" is...
THANK YOU BATE

#23 XBeX

XBeX
  • Established Member
  • 494 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:57 AM

scott kane, hes a fat mess now.
i never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death.

#24 VansOnTheWall

VansOnTheWall

Get it? It's really vans OFF the wall!!!!

• Die Hard
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:18 AM

Why the fuck would Jason Lee be considered a sell out? He quit skating to pursue an acting career, and he's doing pretty good. Mallrats was fucking genious. Skating doesn't have to be someone's whole life. On the other hand, if you are whorring yourself out to MTV, Proactive, AXE, and god knows what other lame bullshit, then yea, you are a sellout.

Rob Dyrdeck? Sellout... but in my book, I couldn't really care less, because at least his show is entertaining, and he actually skates.
Legit
SkateGrindLine- Bought a Raynox off him
Flash-Local
OutaDaBlue- Traded Zune
GL1- Traded my Flash for a Watch
Taylor R- Prompt payment
Skiffington- Prompt payment
Let the bodies hit the flo- Received payment.
Solo- A little hiccup in payment, but overall, a smooth transaction
JordanWalkerT- Prompt Payment
himynameisrudy- Prompt Payment
PushDaily - Prompt Payment
BUY MY LENSES FOR NIKON AND MINOLTA

#25 BarneyStinson

BarneyStinson

Swarls Barkley

• Die Hard
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:34 AM

I'm pretty sure wearing a fedora does not mean you're selling out.

seconded, fedora's protect from the sun

Why the fuck would Jason Lee be considered a sell out? He quit skating to pursue an acting career, and he's doing pretty good. Mallrats was fucking genious. Skating doesn't have to be someone's whole life. On the other hand, if you are whorring yourself out to MTV, Proactive, AXE, and god knows what other lame bullshit, then yea, you are a sellout.

Rob Dyrdeck? Sellout... but in my book, I couldn't really care less, because at least his show is entertaining, and he actually skates.

I was just saying if anyone would consider him a sellout, I don't personally cuz he's dope as fuck and a good actor. Still Bam Margera's a fuck, "Oh, look at me im gonna get a dick and balls branded on my arse." I wanna punch that fuck square in the fucking nose.

My life is dope and I do dope shit.

- Kanye West

I was digi compact only when atiba's yellow hasselblad was still a novelty.

#26 andius

andius
  • Die Hard
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:32 AM

Alright, on the subject of Jason Lee, and many other pro skaters. When they stop being "pro skaters" it doesn't mean they put down the board forever. They stopped making video parts, touring, and doing all that shit; they probably still have fun on a board on their own time. *see slipper skates from J. Lee*

Bam is just Bam. Its not like he radically changed in a short period of time. If you watch his old footy, he's just the same little crazy kid that never grew up, yes he loves attention. He basically gets paid to do whatever he wants, what little kid doesn't dream of building a skatepark in their backyard?

I think people need to stop worrying so much about other people's moral decisions and worry more about their own shit.

and yes, greg lutzka is a wiener. He seems devoid of anything other than acquiring money and fame. In a much different way than bam's childish lust for attention. plus im bitter about his Battle at the berrics game. Puig is way more legit..
Posted Image
AIM=Andius123

#27 tallskaterguy

tallskaterguy
  • Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:27 AM

Alright, on the subject of Jason Lee, and many other pro skaters. When they stop being "pro skaters" it doesn't mean they put down the board forever. They stopped making video parts, touring, and doing all that shit; they probably still have fun on a board on their own time. *see slipper skates from J. Lee*

Bam is just Bam. Its not like he radically changed in a short period of time. If you watch his old footy, he's just the same little crazy kid that never grew up, yes he loves attention. He basically gets paid to do whatever he wants, what little kid doesn't dream of building a skatepark in their backyard?

I think people need to stop worrying so much about other people's moral decisions and worry more about their own shit.

and yes, greg lutzka is a wiener. He seems devoid of anything other than acquiring money and fame. In a much different way than bam's childish lust for attention. plus im bitter about his Battle at the berrics game. Puig is way more legit..

sucks that puig lost, but i agree with everything you just said...
R.I.P
Samantha Rogers
Jonathan "Gump" Hobbs

You both are surely missed

#28 special_K

special_K

MOKE LIFE

• Die Hard
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:42 AM

greg lutzka is a sellout. he's got huge corporations spoiling him because all he does is skate contests and somehow wins for doing the same tricks every time. fucking toyota, monster, k-swiss, axe...

bam did bring a lot of douches into skating with his mtv show, but at least bam stayed within skateboarding and brought money to skating and not huge conglomerates. plus he profited off of shit he's been doing since jr. high and that's pretty awesome. bam's somewhat legit.

rob dyrdek's legit, he still has all his longtime sponsors and seems to know his roots in skating.

i don't think i need to get into sheckler. we can all agree he's a douche and sold out. he's tainted the transworld site for the past week with his stupid ad.

i never even considered jason lee a sellout. sucks his show got canned. hopefully stereo won't see the same fate.

#29 Cousin It.

Cousin It.
  • Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:14 AM

bam marger needs to die or at least get off the tv so he can stop promoting his view of "skateboarding" because its just immature and stupid.

rob dyrdek is kind of a sell out but is doing a lot for skateboarding with his shows and also his building of his skate plaza. also the guys like 45 so he can pretty much do whatever the fuck he wants.

brian wenning pisses me off the most. i can stand that stinky turd.
THANK YOU BATE

#30 Korvost

Korvost
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:33 AM

bam marger needs to die or at least get off the tv so he can stop promoting his view of "skateboarding" because its just immature and stupid.

rob dyrdek is kind of a sell out but is doing a lot for skateboarding with his shows and also his building of his skate plaza. also the guys like 45 so he can pretty much do whatever the fuck he wants.

brian wenning pisses me off the most. i can stand that stinky turd.

Bam is pretty much off TV, well, he doesn't do much new shit atleast.
Still, what's wrong with his view of skateboarding? Is having a good time immature and stupid?

Buzz Lightyear pro model; looks gay to infinity and beyond.

#31 dude4772

dude4772
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:12 PM

greg lutzka on k-swiss
my step dad bought me a vx2100 for easter. i tried to clean it so i put it in a bucket of soap and water. for some reason it wont turn on. anybody have help for me?

Do you skate

No, I fruitboot

Then walk away.

#32 itsartbro

itsartbro
  • Die Hard
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:32 PM

Anyway, would you count Jason Lee as a sellout because he's on My Name Is Earl?

No? Having a successful acting career is a lot different then being a sellout.

I'm pretty sure wearing a fedora does not mean you're selling out.

I don't know man, that PatCunningham guy is pretty smart.
nickwhite.tumblr

Flickr

BUY YOUR FILM NEW FROM YOUR PREFERRED RETAILER

#33 Cousin It.

Cousin It.
  • Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:34 PM

you really are such a faggot
THANK YOU BATE

#34 alec(fla)jahr

alec(fla)jahr

SATAN

• Die Hard
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

getting free gatorade would be the shit

so would geting free axe and shoes
most likely to never be funny ever:alec(fla)jahr

legit list: lecjladd - mattymatt - zacharyy - vxdosk - ianphillips - jalinb - Vicente - k.ip - SamS -

#35 andius

andius
  • Die Hard
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:46 PM

Yeah except axe smells like shit and girls over 13 think so too.
Posted Image
AIM=Andius123

#36 Josh Gregg

Josh Gregg
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:58 PM

Greg lutska

Legit:
MatixSkate45
dopi

#37 beautifulwoodenlegs

beautifulwoodenlegs
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:33 PM

greg lutzka on k-swiss

dude4772 on volcom

#38 notjackson

notjackson
  • Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:27 PM

I think tony hawk basically started the whole selling out thing. but then again some of us would've never started skating if there was no tony hawk video game...

#39 Buzzkillington

Buzzkillington

Anthony Allison

• Die Hard
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:33 PM

I think tony hawk basically started the whole selling out thing. but then again some of us would've never started skating if there was no tony hawk video game...

Good.

Site: armedwithaneye.com | Blog

Full length skate video entitled "The Mob Rules" coming this summer! See more at YouTube.

#40 vince

vince

Badass

• Die Hard
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:08 PM

Does K swiss even have a team besides greg? Honestly i hate when people think koston is a sell out especially when he finished things off with lakai so nicely.
UNLEGIT: REBELPRIDEPRODUCTIONS