Photo

Whats Goin To Be The Next Vx1?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
188 replies to this topic

#61 liltony

liltony

If you were a baby when your camera was made, get an upgrade.

• Established Member
  • 783 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:20 PM

Yeah. Thats why Hvx's are cmos. Oh wait... THEIR NOT :D

hvx's are also a shit load more expensive?

inb4 attack

A ford Model T is so much better then a Bugatti. I mean its sooo mint. And such an original gansta. Grow the fuck up and get off the bandwagon.

" Now there's something new and I'd be foolish for not wanting to go in that direction. " - Ty Evans

#62 ColbyL

ColbyL

Basketball Jones

• Established Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:22 PM

hvx's are also a shit load more expensive?

cmos kills ccd, fact. no argument. the quality of the hv30 is better then the vx, and hdc. 3ccd means nothing. you can get amazing colors from the hv30. hv30 is pretty much the best sub 1000 dollar cam you can get. yes im sucking the hv30s dick w/e

So CMOS is only better when the camera is under $1000?

Yeah i got a girl laying on her stomache pooping on her bed. I cant take this.

No they filmed the intro to Fully Flared with Gl2's im pretty sure.

#63 subnoize

subnoize

Looks like zero from holes

• Die Hard
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:23 PM

The panasonic hdc series kills the hv series.
ccd>cmos because:
-skew
-wobble
-uneven exposure
-less sensitive to light
3ccd is great because:
-A sensor for every main color channel (rgb)
-better in low light
-No skew
-No uneven exposure
-No wobble
You can get a dvx for 900, there are cameras that are 10x better than the hv30 for a lot less
Like the panasonic sd9, which goes for 250 used
Hv's are soccer mom cameras, and much better cameras are made for the price

t2i <3

Filmer is just another word for parkrat

legit (bold means super legit):
preston951-eskomo021-amwkevin-joey_skates-SxE Stevie-film_or_die_123-LOVEBOT-Tdadd- NYCskates-Fudge- Skatevirgina-Jayrad-Kyle_Woodhall-liekhug-B&-averagejoefilms-SK850-joey9-Mentok-Tomatosoupe (local)-MiamiFilmerGuy-shayne233-paproductionz-treskate-nikarc- mr mojo risin'- codykemmet-v00d0o-midwestnippy

#64 liltony

liltony

• Established Member
  • 783 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:24 PM

you can get 3 cmos camcorders. so yea. also none of that stuff is actually a big deal, and it really isnt noticeable. . anyway this is about the vx. the vx sucks.

So CMOS is only better when the camera is under $1000?

fail
a sub 1000 camcorder and a 5000 dollar camcorder are one 2 different planets. alot of other things factor in in image quality.

inb4 attack

A ford Model T is so much better then a Bugatti. I mean its sooo mint. And such an original gansta. Grow the fuck up and get off the bandwagon.

" Now there's something new and I'd be foolish for not wanting to go in that direction. " - Ty Evans

#65 ColbyL

ColbyL

Basketball Jones

• Established Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:27 PM

fail
a sub 1000 camcorder and a 5000 dollar camcorder are one 2 different planets. alot of other things factor in in image quality.

Honestly, you are just twisting everything around to make the hv30 seem better. Vx1k>Hv30

/Thread

#66 subnoize

subnoize

• Die Hard
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:31 PM

If a camera has 3 cmos sensors, it doesn't change light sensitivity, skew, wobble, or uneven exposure.
The vx does not suck, I'm guessing you're one of the kids that doesn't know how to white balance and thinks that since the hv is a soccer mom cam and is better in auto, its 10x better.
And yes cmos wobble, skew, light sensitivity and uneven exposure is highly noticeable.
I have filmed skating with one once, I signed it out from school to try it out. We went to a local skatepark, the skew was noticeable, everytime the photographer's flash went off, only half the frame was exposed, and when night came, the footage was too grainy to use.

t2i <3

preston951-eskomo021-amwkevin-joey_skates-SxE Stevie-film_or_die_123-LOVEBOT-Tdadd- NYCskates-Fudge- Skatevirgina-Jayrad-Kyle_Woodhall-liekhug-B&-averagejoefilms-SK850-joey9-Mentok-Tomatosoupe (local)-MiamiFilmerGuy-shayne233-paproductionz-treskate-nikarc- mr mojo risin'- codykemmet-v00d0o-midwestnippy

#67 liltony

liltony

• Established Member
  • 783 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:35 PM

If a camera has 3 cmos sensors, it doesn't change light sensitivity, skew, wobble, or uneven exposure.
The vx does not suck, I'm guessing you're one of the kids that doesn't know how to white balance and thinks that since the hv is a soccer mom cam and is better in auto, its 10x better.
And yes cmos wobble, skew, light sensitivity and uneven exposure is highly noticeable.
I have filmed skating with one once, I signed it out from school to try it out. We went to a local skatepark, the skew was noticeable, everytime the photographer's flash went off, only half the frame was exposed, and when night came, the footage was too grainy to use.

ok but no, i use all manual settings, even audio. i like my hv better then my vx. the vx looks like its behind a wall of fog and its a pain in the ass to keep it working because its a dinosaur. everything about the hv30 is better.

inb4 attack

#68 subnoize

subnoize

• Die Hard
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:39 PM

vx2_00's aren't dinosaurs
Have you heard of adding contrast? Try it.
I've been wanting to say this, you're fucking stupid, yes the hv's are good cameras, but they will NEVER be better than a prosumer cam.

t2i <3

#69 liltony

liltony

• Established Member
  • 783 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:42 PM

vx2_00's aren't dinosaurs
Have you heard of adding contrast? Try it.
I've been wanting to say this, you're fucking stupid, yes the hv's are good cameras, but they will NEVER be better than a prosumer cam.

they will if its sd.

inb4 attack

#70 ColbyL

ColbyL

Basketball Jones

• Established Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:44 PM

they will if its sd.

Just shut up and let this thread die.

#71 emerica243

emerica243

FUCKING RIGHTEOUS

• Die Hard
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE(kevinlove614 @ Aug 28 2008, 10:09 PM) your an idiiiiiot brendon....
QUOTE (vince @ Nov 2 2008, 01:55 PM) your stupid. i can show you so many clips to proove you wrong.
QUOTE(JoeyFinnegan @ Mar 30 2009, 06:25 PM) nickt your better with 2100

#72 liltony

liltony

• Established Member
  • 783 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:48 PM

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

inb4 attack

#73 subnoize

subnoize

• Die Hard
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:49 PM

liltony, since you keep on saying how amazing hv's are
would you mind posting some of your footy?
edit: vx and hv

t2i <3

#74 ColbyL

ColbyL

Basketball Jones

• Established Member
  • 733 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:50 PM

This should be good......... :D

#75 liltony

liltony

• Established Member
  • 783 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:51 PM

yes i would. i have nothing on the internet and all my clips are in the other harddrive. wait a while and ill put something up

inb4 attack

#76 subnoize

subnoize

• Die Hard
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:54 PM

I'll be waiting
Also no need to quote him 10 times, while having it in your sig.
We can all read

t2i <3

#77 liltony

liltony

• Established Member
  • 783 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:55 PM

its the best post ive seen in this forum. and no one has replyed to it.

inb4 attack

#78 CMcMahon

CMcMahon
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:26 PM

its the best post ive seen in this forum. and no one has replyed to it.

The HV series is hardly a comparable to a Bugatti.

That being said, if the VX1000 is so superior* to everything else, ever, than why is Nike shooting its videos with HPX170s and VDSLRs?

To go further, if CCDs are so much better than CMOS, than why is it that the Sony EX1 and EX3 are using CMOS instead of CCDs? Something tells me that Sony isn't using CMOS simply because they got a 50% discount at Sensor Warehouse.

*In the minds of kids that really only care about fisheye width and are too lazy to do color correction.
sjbmx.com | covering the san jose, ca bmx scene
Yes, I know that this isn't BMXPerception.com.

#79 emerica243

emerica243

FUCKING RIGHTEOUS

• Die Hard
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:44 PM

The HV series is hardly a comparable to a Bugatti.

That being said, if the VX1000 is so superior* to everything else, ever, than why is Nike shooting its videos with HPX170s and VDSLRs?

To go further, if CCDs are so much better than CMOS, than why is it that the Sony EX1 and EX3 are using CMOS instead of CCDs? Something tells me that Sony isn't using CMOS simply because they got a 50% discount at Sensor Warehouse.

*In the minds of kids that really only care about fisheye width and are too lazy to do color correction.

Not that i disagree with your thinking on the main subject, how exactly do you compare your camera to cars>?
QUOTE(kevinlove614 @ Aug 28 2008, 10:09 PM) your an idiiiiiot brendon....
QUOTE (vince @ Nov 2 2008, 01:55 PM) your stupid. i can show you so many clips to proove you wrong.
QUOTE(JoeyFinnegan @ Mar 30 2009, 06:25 PM) nickt your better with 2100

#80 CMcMahon

CMcMahon
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:15 PM

Not that i disagree with your thinking on the main subject, how exactly do you compare your camera to cars>?

The original comparison was a Ford Model T to a Bugatti (presumably a Veyron). In this case, the Model T is represented by the VX1000, due to age and performance. The Bugatti, on the other hand, would probably best be likened to something extremely expensive that performs very well, like a RED One. The HV30 would probably be more comparable to a family sedan of some sort, whereas a prosumer or lower-grade professional HD camcorder would be more akin to something more expensive. Maybe a Lotus Elise?
sjbmx.com | covering the san jose, ca bmx scene
Yes, I know that this isn't BMXPerception.com.