Photo

"don't Ask, Don't Tell" Rule Being Repealed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#81 keegan holden

keegan holden
  • Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:10 PM

It boggles my noggin to that some of you actually think that gay people are so stupid that they believe they will get some ass in the army.

My thoughts exactly.
Gays aren't going into the military to get a hot piece of man-ass, they're going because they are patriotic and want to fight for this country.

legit:
Jayrad
Nickhopkinsmedia
Video Electronics
The Boss
NickFlorko
ChrisRussel
Dpow
skatengs6
'skamoe
Maggio1
NSBFTW
AdamG.
youtube

#82 fsaswesley

fsaswesley
  • Die Hard
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:15 PM

In a thread full of dumb comments this is a pretty dumb comment.

My post was actually sarcasm. Ahahaha.
I need to try harder at showing it. :D
I deleted it.

#83 Dr. Doak

Dr. Doak
  • 7,496 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:46 PM

My thoughts exactly.
Gays aren't going into the military to get a hot piece of man-ass, they're going because they are patriotic and want to fight for this country.

Of course by "patriotic" you mean aroused, and by "fight" you mean have sex, and by "for this country" you mean other men.

#84 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,049 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:52 AM

humans have sexual instincts, even gay humans. at some point in four years of service, they're going to want to get laid. especially if they have to suppress their sexuality for four years.

and you aren't required to only fuck other service people, ya know? you can leave the base...

#85 kevinHORN

kevinHORN

oh

• 6,258 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:06 AM

you guys have a lot to learn about homosexuals.

#86 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,049 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:13 AM

you guys have a lot to learn about homosexuals.

show us the way of the gay

#87 HologramTupac

HologramTupac
  • Die Hard
  • 7,821 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:40 PM

i like how gay people still have this connotation that they are just craving sex uncontrollably. like these sexual maniacs with libidos the size of the sears tower.

having said that... i think "don't ask don't tell" works and shouldn't be removed. sexual preference plays literally no importance in the military at all. gay people who want to be open in the military just have a death wish anyway.

I'm shooting 4x5 this summer. I've been plannin on it since January. I just know someone is going to beat me to it though.

#88 SteveLaClair

SteveLaClair

gravatar gets to pick my avatars

• Admin
  • 15,663 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:58 PM

Could you imagine how bad the Westboro Baptists would turn up the intensity if gays were openly serving? Just that alone would almost be worth the entertainment, their blood would turn to a boil.
RIP Derek Gertz

i assume you think you're funny..? go play in traffic before i embarrass you..

#89 Dr. Doak

Dr. Doak
  • 7,496 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:10 PM

Could you imagine how bad the Westboro Baptists would turn up the intensity if gays were openly serving? Just that alone would almost be worth the entertainment, their blood would turn to a boil.

hahah I thought of that the other day when I made the thread. They already hate gay people and military men/women. Combining the two would be epic.

#90 keepitreal

keepitreal
  • Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:06 PM

After reading through the thread i realize now how it could actually be a problem. Still, i would just say that sexual orientation shouldnt be on your record. Only a homeosexual who was an idiot would tell some crazy, close minded guy from the military that he was gay or ask him for sex or something haha. I dont see the problem with pairing gay/straight people, its just if certain people find out...

#91 The Blazin' Azn

The Blazin' Azn

• Die Hard
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:25 PM

Haha i didn't even think of that. Just knowing that those douches are going to be pissed turned my caring level from not to hell yeah.
bitch i dont care about grammer im light speeds ahead of that shit

this is the fucking future you idiot

VIISMALLZ.gif

#92 flxh

flxh
  • Established Member
  • 789 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:02 PM

gay people who want to be open in the military just have a death wish anyway.

Is this actually true though? Or is it just the stereotype that only racist/homophobic mongs sign on the dotted line.
UNLEGIT:
Blazer Lows

get sum tall tees nigga ull b the freshest wite guy in windsor cop sum dickies too

#93 SteveLaClair

SteveLaClair

gravatar gets to pick my avatars

• Admin
  • 15,663 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:39 PM

Is this actually true though? Or is it just the stereotype that only racist/homophobic mongs sign on the dotted line.

I think the hardest part is where you're somewhere that you had to shower in the same open areas as others and there was a blatant meat gazer, to be honest I never became comfortable with that. Granted I'm a civil person but the old "whatareya lookin at queer?" to hear audibly wasn't necessarily uncommon when that happened.

But I don't think any changing of laws will break that mentality as some arentas open to the idea as others simply due to thier upbringing. It'll probably draw stiffer punishment on those that say or act (which isn't a bad thing) but the underlying mentality will still exist.
RIP Derek Gertz

i assume you think you're funny..? go play in traffic before i embarrass you..

#94 flxh

flxh
  • Established Member
  • 789 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:37 AM

I think you need to look at other military policy too really. The logic that it will stop people from working on ops/affect living conditions etc is tripe. It isn't a problem for loads of other nations and doesn't affect their capacity to serve so why is it such an issue for the US?

Unless the US has an extremely high proportion of gay people :D
UNLEGIT:
Blazer Lows

get sum tall tees nigga ull b the freshest wite guy in windsor cop sum dickies too

#95 HologramTupac

HologramTupac
  • Die Hard
  • 7,821 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:45 AM

i feel like it is true. the kill em all violent mentality that i can safely assume most infantry men have correlates with some form of intolerance. this of course also depends on how outwardly gay the guy is. but i still feel like older higher ranking officials will have a big problem with that kinda shit.

i still don't even know what side of the fence i'm on. i think that if i was a gay dude, i would use my common sense and i wouldn't even come out and be open to my squad or division or whatever. that shit has no importance in the military no matter what.

I'm shooting 4x5 this summer. I've been plannin on it since January. I just know someone is going to beat me to it though.

#96 Brian12507

Brian12507

Shredsledder

• Die Hard
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:54 AM

if they want to fight just let them, may hurt a few buttholes but it wont hurt the military.

It's called a sentence and it was better grammar than yours.

BRIGADIERS

#97 Phalen

Phalen

fay-len

• Die Hard
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:19 AM

sexual preference plays literally no importance in the military at all.

/thread
youtube.

youre right im a fucking moron

#98 Dr. Doak

Dr. Doak
  • 7,496 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:23 AM

No, not /thread. Sexual preference, whether it should be or not, plays a huge role in society, and the military.

#99 Ethan13

Ethan13

SP's grimiest

• Die Hard
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:51 PM

if they want to fight just let them, may hurt a few buttholes but it wont hurt the military.

/thread
what about now?!?

I'd get like $10000 dollars in pennies, then drop it out of an airplane. you know how people say if you drop a penny off of the empire state building it would kill someone? I'd kill an entire town... and that weapon of mass destruction would only cost me $10000 dollars.

i h7 when terrerists
clickr
CC

pootube
Legit: RPD foolz

#100 flxh

flxh
  • Established Member
  • 789 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:06 PM

At the end of the day it hasn't hindered armed forces all over the world and doesn't affect ones ability to perform their specific role (Unless homophobia really is as massive an issue as this thread makes it seem to be)

i feel like it is true. the kill em all violent mentality that i can safely assume most infantry men have correlates with some form of intolerance.

How have you formed this opinion?
UNLEGIT:
Blazer Lows