#6881 shayne233

shayne233

4:4:4:4:4:4

• Die Hard
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

Anybody have one of the lcdvf's that is held on by the tripod screw like this:
Posted Image

I've been looking at getting a viewfinder for my t2i, but Ive heard the magnets aren't very strong on them and I don't really like the metal frame you have to stick on.
I was thinking about getting one of the tripod screw ones and gluing the viewfinder to the frame so its one solid piece. Anybody done this?

I was thinking about this one: http://www.ebay.com/...=item1c1eb2de47
Although in the description is says it doesn't fit t2i. I don't see why it wouldn't? Besides the screen on the t3i sticking out of the camera a little more due to the swivel, But I think it should fit my t2i with little to no modification.

Thoughts?

My friends has that one for his 60D and it's really nice. I think the magnets are definitely strong enough.

#6882 namtot

namtot
  • Established Member
  • 779 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

all you guys complaining about not getting a flat enough image, are you exporting with 5DtoRGB? i find cinestyle to be much too flat, but exporting to proress 422 in 5Dtorgb gives me an image that is not too flat, but still has plenty of room for adjusting in post.

http://www.campcomet.com/archives/836

i dont think i will ever go back to canon cameras unless they step their game up in the video department.

the GH2 only looks camcorderish if you use M4/3 glass IMO.

Exactly, glass makes ALL the difference with the gh2, its not as big a factor with the canons because those cameras dont apply sharpening just because your using an ef lens, whereas the gh2 applies sharpening no matter what when you use an already sharp lumix lens, leading to an overly sharpened very digital looking image, thats why I dont own any lumix glass. As far as a flat image goes, the gh2 isnt the king of dynamic range, but its also not that bad. I have never shot something with it that I couldnt work with in post to achieve what I want. Theres also big things happening at personal views, talks of picture profile hacks or another game changing feature coming within the next couple days.

#6883 Kyle T.

Kyle T.

braaapp

• Die Hard
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

My friends has that one for his 60D and it's really nice. I think the magnets are definitely strong enough.

Cool, I think Ill get it and if I don't like the magnets Ill just glue it together.

It should fit the t2i if I fits the t3i, right? Its not like the screen is that much different.
pootube

Legit
MikeKovalski | whatuphaters | lets get on the footy | filmerboy
billycox | vxdosk | jbrowne | Matt K. | codykemmet

#6884 1337.

penis. HA!

• Established Member
  • 687 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

Cool, I think Ill get it and if I don't like the magnets Ill just glue it together.

It should fit the t2i if I fits the t3i, right? Its not like the screen is that much different.

Posted Image
Posted Image
the t3i's screen is higher than the t2i's, meaning it wont line up well. As much as I hate zacuto, they have non-stick frames for their viewfinders, you could get one of the frames and their zfinder or a seagull viewfinder+frame(seagulls are knockoff zfinder pros, I own one and its pretty good, minus the fact that it fogs)

5D3
Canon 5d Mark III//Canon EOS 1N//Canon 15 2.8 Fisheye//Canon 16-35 2.8L//Canon 50 1.2L//Canon 70-200 4L IS//
Newschoolers.com Represent! The Notorious 1337.

My Website

#6885 joey skates

joey skates

testicles

• Die Hard
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I have been doing some time lapses with my t2i using the intervalmeter on the magic lantern and for sunrise's and sunset how should I determine my settings? I know that having anything on auto like my iso will not turn out well since it will just try and get it correctly exposed in the darker parts of the day so is it basically just kinda trial and error?
Somehow, I ended up swallowing my tongue.

Legit List: Naudlee, dertbag, subnoize, NikeSBeezyz, tucsonskater, Dennis73, dandanthephotoman, iwishilivedinfinland, SknechtAM, IvanFucich, Vxuno, Dylan.C, b1each, masterchief, KristianHay, naturalTHEATER, LandFlush01, Piecesofwhat, jessemiller, ConnorO'Day, Er88Skate, Smg1293, Kameron, David Preciado, stevemoore, stevieboy4, its rob, Lurking Class Hero

http://www.josephtuzzolino.com

#6886 namtot

namtot
  • Established Member
  • 779 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I have been doing some time lapses with my t2i using the intervalmeter on the magic lantern and for sunrise's and sunset how should I determine my settings? I know that having anything on auto like my iso will not turn out well since it will just try and get it correctly exposed in the darker parts of the day so is it basically just kinda trial and error?

Timelapses where your dealing with a big exposure change? Its hard and it kind of is trial and error. If your doing sunset for instance you can set the camera up over exposed (obviously not to much) so that as the sun sets and it gets darker, you can get a little more out of the timelapse, but eventually all the camera will see is black. You also can leave your camera on aperture priority, so you can achieve a correct exposure as long as you want, but there will be flicker, there are software programs out there that will get rid of the flicker so the exposure changes are smooth. Do a google search for deflicker timelapse.

#6887 KyranFord

KyranFord

Opus | FxUx

• 5,955 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

Canon T2i - $500

T2i with battery grip and LCDVF - $600

http://forums.skatep...howtopic=294442

Instagram

vx-medal-gold-1.pngx4

vx-medal-silver-1.pngx3

vx-medal-bronze-1.pngx5

#6888 brendanmercado

brendanmercado
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

So i want to sell my gh1 but the sensor has 2 spots on it and its not dust. would i have to send it in to get cleaned or should i just sell it w/ the dirty sensor and get less $

#6889 Kyle T.

Kyle T.

braaapp

• Die Hard
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

[img]http://www.kenrockwe...i-back-1200.jpg[/img
[img]http://www.blacks.ca...el-T3i-back.jpg[/img
the t3i's screen is higher than the t2i's, meaning it wont line up well. As much as I hate zacuto, they have non-stick frames for their viewfinders, you could get one of the frames and their zfinder or a seagull viewfinder+frame(seagulls are knockoff zfinder pros, I own one and its pretty good, minus the fact that it fogs)

Ah thanks for pointing that out. I never really noticed that. I'll have to to some more looking around.
pootube

Legit
MikeKovalski | whatuphaters | lets get on the footy | filmerboy
billycox | vxdosk | jbrowne | Matt K. | codykemmet

#6890 Hypnotizedd

Hypnotizedd
  • Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

is it alright o go kind of cheap for a LCD viewfinder? cant really afford a Zacuto at the moment, any other recommended brands out there?

#6891 loganrigby

loganrigby

:)

• Die Hard
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

So i have magic lantern on my t2i and the audio bar use to show up on my LCD but now it only shows up when i bring up magic lantern menu...help?

Go to your ML menu under the audio section and make sure the 'Audio Meters' option is on.

Wish there was more comp.

just got my 550d and love itttt the depth of field is amazing.

Kinda grainy. Make your shutter speed lower.

Ya I know, My battery was about to die so I didn't set my ISO.

Flickr

#6892 kenoskater

kenoskater
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:20 AM

Go to your ML menu under the audio section and make sure the 'Audio Meters' option is on.

Nvm i figured it out it was global settings that was off.

#6893 TimFok

TimFok
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:37 AM

You wanna stick it in aperture priority mode to correct exposure as it changes.

Then decided whether you want to expose for the sky or ground.

A good trick is to use gradient filters, or shoot HDR time lapses.

In fact there was an article on it on Planet 5D the other day

http://blog.planet5d...rrell-tutorial/

#6894 1337.

penis. HA!

• Established Member
  • 687 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

sony fs700 rumors are floating around. 4k for 8k USD, built in nd filters, 120/240/480/960fps at lower res.

Not sure if awesome camera or april fools joke... :goldenwub:

5D3
Canon 5d Mark III//Canon EOS 1N//Canon 15 2.8 Fisheye//Canon 16-35 2.8L//Canon 50 1.2L//Canon 70-200 4L IS//
Newschoolers.com Represent! The Notorious 1337.

My Website

#6895 kenoskater

kenoskater
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

So i returned my opteka 6.5mm because the focus ring didn't work and ordered a rokinon but now it doesn't seem the focus ring works on this one am i doing something wrong because every time i move the focus ring nothing happens.

#6896 brandonnicholson

brandonnicholson
  • Die Hard
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

It works, if you use the focus assist thing to 10x you'll notice a slight difference. There isn't a drastic change in focus when you move it.

#6897 kenoskater

kenoskater
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

It works, if you use the focus assist thing to 10x you'll notice a slight difference. There isn't a drastic change in focus when you move it.

Alright thanks for your help im a newb to dslr >_<

#6898 skatepreme

skatepreme

Parker Foster Visuals

• Established Member
  • 644 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:04 PM

I deleted magic lantern because I didn't really know how to use it. Are thier any videos showing how to use it?

#6899 brandonnicholson

brandonnicholson
  • Die Hard
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

Anyone looking to buy an external monitor? I have an 8" Ikan v8000w im trying to get rid of

#6900 Pbutter

Pbutter

I can type things here.

• Die Hard
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

The leather grip on my t2i is peeling.
anyone know where/how to replace buy etc?

helen keller could've gotten a better angle of this ollie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users