Gallery Rules/guidelines

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Andy Snyder_*

Guest_Andy Snyder_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:27 AM

It really makes it a lot easier for people to view your photos if you use the IMG tag available right above the post box. It's that tiny little box that has "IMG" on it. Simply click that and paste your link in there. Also make sure your images aren't bigger than 650px on the longest side, that way people can see the images without scrolling around. Usually I resize my images so that the larger side of the photo is 600pixels. Oh also, a good place for hosting photos is Image Shack.

All you have to do is click that link,

hit [BROWSE],

find your image on your desktop where that may be,

hit [HOST IT] and all the links you could possibly need will be on that page.

Then you just scroll down to the bottom and copy the link next to the text that says "This is the direct link to your image" and,

paste that in an IMG tag.

And you're set. Hope that helps for anyone that's still confused with that. But keep in mind that these are not rules. You don't have to post the actual photo but it makes it a lot easier. I've been changing a lot of posts just so we don't have this abundance of extra links all over the place. I think it looks cleaner. Well thanks for reading and for helping out.

#2 Kraepelin

Kraepelin

Force Majeure

• 11,012 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:14 PM

Not really on the topic, but this topic has Please Read... as a title

There is nothing wrong with being new to photography or whatever, but if you aren't 100% sure of your opion or find yourself to say "reallllllyyy rad" on every photo, please don't post, because it's really annoying to see 20 pages of praise to some shitty noseblunt 20 stair handrail photo while this beautiful portrait is nowhere to be seen after a few seconds.
This is a request (as of now) and i would it like if people could think about this for a while.

PS. If you ask "What kinda cam was this shot on?" or something you can't post for atleast 2 days, could be more, depends on my mood. Amount of flashes, film/digi, etc is fine, but asking brands and such is just useless.

Another thing, don't recommend getting flashes if the only thing that sucks is the comp, flashless works fine most of the time.

Oh yeah, one more thing, if someone says you're photo's suck, don't get mad, they can't help it the photo isn't good.

You have to pay to dry it down to 15, so you're losing profit in that regard. And we've been 14-15, so that helps.

Posted Image

#3 18%

18%

Cекрет Mod

• Die Hard
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:36 PM

Can we also have no one posting out of focus photographs unless they specifically meant to do it. How about some self-critique of work before posting. If you know what is wrong with it and it really sucks and everyone is going to tear it to pieces do not post it.

The Gallery section is for Skate photography only! All other photography goes into the Everything Else sub-forum.

John Mills Photography

Skateboard Photography

My old website

"As if I shoot pictures anymore, ha." -steve laclair (old fart)

#4 18%

18%

Cекрет Mod

• Die Hard
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 03:58 PM

From now on: it will be only two shot posts and one topic post per day (no image to be larger than 701pixels), all images posted must be originally taken by the Topic Creator (this means no posting other peoples images). It is getting ridiculous how many images are being posted in one thread for critique. You need to do some self-critique beforehand and choose the one or two you think are the best and display them. Any posts with 3 or more multiple images will be deleted or the images displayed after the second image will be removed. It makes it easier to get a good critique if there is only one or two images to concentrate on.

Quote: "This forum is meant for critiquing and photographers who are serious about improving their skills. Your skill level is not important, however before posting, be sure that the photo is what you think is one of your best, and not just a snapshot. The only way to learn is to have your top photos torn apart." - from the words of the great Brian Garson (Wheels and Wax).

Also please do not post non-skate images in the gallery...all others go in the Everything Else (I am getting sick and tired of having to move them). Thanks!

Cheers, John.

p.s. Sorry about the bitch. Yeah I know you think this sucks!

LaClair made me do it!!

John Mills Photography

Skateboard Photography

My old website

#5 Kraepelin

Kraepelin

Force Majeure

• 11,012 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:09 PM

hopefully the new title sticks more :unsure:

You have to pay to dry it down to 15, so you're losing profit in that regard. And we've been 14-15, so that helps.

Posted Image

#6 Kraepelin

Kraepelin

Force Majeure

• 11,012 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:21 PM

Really shitty critiques = 6-12 hourss of not posting.

Call me a nazi, but this shit is just going downhill way to fast.

Posted Image

#7 18%

18%

Cекрет Mod

• Die Hard
  • 2,578 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:35 PM

I have changed the image posting size to no larger than 701 pixels on the longest edge of image. Thanks...and have a nice day.

John Mills Photography

Skateboard Photography

My old website

#8 Curtis.

Curtis.

hey, i'm back.

• 10,226 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

I'm going to add:

- No posting photos that aren't yours.
- If you make a comment along the lines of "OMG, the colours are so sik!", I will kill you. This isn't the filming section.

her jace is jacked. plus i don't want all that airbrushing to rub off onto any part of my body for fear of being erased.

http://fourcorners.tumblr.com