Computer Issues Netjiot

• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

#321 MichaelG

MichaelG
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

Awesome, thanks man. My question is, do you think this is the reason I'm getting choppy playback? I never had this problem before, but now it's to the point where I'm unable to even edit it's so choppy. Could there be another issue? Maybe a setting with my video card or on Premiere?

A GTX 560Ti will definately be able to handle playback. you may want to opt for a GTX 570 if the difference isn't much.
Well choppy playback could be your CPU being outdated, not having enough system memory or fast enough system memory to be able to run the program well, or could be in fact your graphics card.
Its generally good to upgrade a GPU card regardless. If you use the mercury playback where it renders the playback with the actual GPU and you're using a GTX 560+ then yes, it will not be choppy.

#322 TheD3

TheD3

Frisky Business

• Die Hard
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

A GTX 560Ti will definately be able to handle playback. you may want to opt for a GTX 570 if the difference isn't much.
Well choppy playback could be your CPU being outdated, not having enough system memory or fast enough system memory to be able to run the program well, or could be in fact your graphics card.
Its generally good to upgrade a GPU card regardless. If you use the mercury playback where it renders the playback with the actual GPU and you're using a GTX 560+ then yes, it will not be choppy.

So what do you think the best plan of action would be? To upgrade my GPU card or Video card? Also, I found that if I use the "Render Entire Work Area" function in Premiere, it renders the clips and turns the Yellow Bar to Green and then I'm able to edit smoothly with no Choppy playback. I can even playback at Full resolution and get perfectly smooth playback. But now a new problem is arising, this work-around was working, but now when I Render Entire Work Area, it renders about half way and then shuts down my entire computer. Any ideas as to what this may be? I did a little looking around online and think it could be the cooling fan?

#323 MediocreFilmer

MediocreFilmer

professional picturegrapher

• Die Hard
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

So what do you think the best plan of action would be? To upgrade my GPU card or Video card? Also, I found that if I use the "Render Entire Work Area" function in Premiere, it renders the clips and turns the Yellow Bar to Green and then I'm able to edit smoothly with no Choppy playback. I can even playback at Full resolution and get perfectly smooth playback. But now a new problem is arising, this work-around was working, but now when I Render Entire Work Area, it renders about half way and then shuts down my entire computer. Any ideas as to what this may be? I did a little looking around online and think it could be the cooling fan?

your gpu and video card are the same thing. This sounds like a hardware problem not involving the graphics card or cpu. I have no idea why rendering would cause your computer to shut down like that. That is really strange.
skateboard. skrillex. cock.

#324 MichaelG

MichaelG
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

Well, the only reason computers really shut down are one of these:
-Some failure in hardware, CPU dying, frying a motherboard, or PSU dying.
-Power Supply Unit (PSU) isn't supplying enough power for the computer and it shuts down.
-Computer is overheating and it's internal thermometers are telling it to avoid damage and shut off.

In your cause it seems like your computer is getting overloaded and the cooling fans can not keep it cool enough. Rendering videos is extremely tough work for your CPU. They generally get incredibly hot and you need a good, ventilated system to stop this from happening. CPU fans are quite cheap on newegg and are a great upgrade. Depending on your motherboard being an Intel or AMD socket type, then that will distinguish what fan you need.
http://www.newegg.ca...N82E16835186047
I use that on my current computer which is a gaming build and it keeps my processor really cool and I've never had trouble with it overheating or melting it's socket.

#325 But I Love Chef

But I Love Chef

yung god

• Die Hard
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

iMac g5 with enough memory and everything is just all around kinda slow.

#326 wes.

wes.

staystackin.com

• 2,383 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

Looking at getting a new imac in a month or two when I graduate.... I'm torn between the 21inch model with the 2.8 quad core i7 processor or the 27inch model with the 2.7 quad core i5. the difference is literally 20 more dollars for the bigger screen. but is the smaller screen model's processor worth the trade off in size?

-Wes

HVX200 | 60d

staystackin

you don't need all 48 thousand members here to tell you that when a couple have already told the facts.

#327 voodoo

voodoo

I edit three clips per day.

• Die Hard
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

Looking at getting a new imac in a month or two when I graduate.... I'm torn between the 21inch model with the 2.8 quad core i7 processor or the 27inch model with the 2.7 quad core i5. the difference is literally 20 more dollars for the bigger screen. but is the smaller screen model's processor worth the trade off in size?

-Wes

How much more is it with the 27 inch i7?

#328 MediocreFilmer

MediocreFilmer

professional picturegrapher

• Die Hard
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

How much more is it with the 27 inch i7?

isn't it a 3.1 ghz i5 with a better graphics card though on the 27"?
skateboard. skrillex. cock.

#329 wes.

wes.

staystackin.com

• 2,383 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:33 AM

no, i'm talking about these two models.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I just want to know if the 2.8ghz quad core i7 is better enough than the 2.7 quad core i5 to justify getting a 21inch versus a 27inch for exactly the same price.

-Wes

edit: for the record, all of the other specs are the same aside from the processor and screen size.

HVX200 | 60d

staystackin

you don't need all 48 thousand members here to tell you that when a couple have already told the facts.

#330 GnarMachine

GnarMachine

Beep.

• 4,934 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

iMac g5 with enough memory and everything is just all around kinda slow.

Yep. It's an iMac G5, so it is at a minimum 6 years old, it's going to be slow.

-Wes

I'd get the 27". Just pony up a bit more and get the i7, you can save a bit of money with your student discount.

#331 wes.

wes.

staystackin.com

• 2,383 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

I think i'll take your word for that, I plan on keeping the computer for quite some times, I might as well get the best they offer at the current since it will be outdated in like 6 months anyway. Haha.

PS Gnarmachine, where are you from? East coast/west coast? Have you heard about bimmerfest east in august?

HVX200 | 60d

staystackin

#332 blandonskate

blandonskate
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

I have a hackintoshed netbook, it's not very powerful, and I rarely use it due to primarily using my iMac/MBP. Has anyone had any experience with Windows 8 on a not-so-powerful machine? (1GB RAM, 1.6 GHz Intel Atom)

I'm really not a Windows fan, but I was going to look into putting it on there just as a feeler to see if I like it or not.

#333 RyanHoj

RyanHoj
  • Die Hard
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

I have a Google CR-48 and i just put windows 8 on it yesterday. it surprisingly runs really smooth for me. It only the developer preview so obviously it wont be perfect but i think its fun to mess around with. What size hard drive is in your laptop? i have a 16gb ssd and windows 8 took up pretty much the whole drive, weird.

girls need to be watching the cooking network so they can make food for their man. maybe watch the folding clothes network after.

Panasonic GH2/Panasonic GH1 (hacked)/FD primes/
legit list in PROFILE.
click my avatar it brings you to spoogle.

#334 TheD3

TheD3

Frisky Business

• Die Hard
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

Every time I try to export or render multiple clips, my computer starts the process, then shuts off entirely. Apparently this is most likely a hardware issue and my computers overheating. So should I replace my fan? If so, with which fan?

#335 Sideonecincy

Sideonecincy

The 513

• 3,481 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

Every time I try to export or render multiple clips, my computer starts the process, then shuts off entirely. Apparently this is most likely a hardware issue and my computers overheating. So should I replace my fan? If so, with which fan?

We need more specs. From what it sounds like, it is a power supply issue where the computer is requiring more power when it is doing extra work.
My (relation) has a new (tech item), and it's always (choose one: freezing, crashing, under performing). On the other hand, my (other tech item) is much better and it's totally better than (tech item), it even has (feature/app) that doesn't come on (tech item), and it was doing that (time period) ago. I pity those fools who use (tech item).

#336 GnarMachine

GnarMachine

Beep.

• 4,934 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Monitor the temps with something like speccy and report back with results, it'll let you know if it's getting too hot.

#337 kid

kid

walking like zombies and speaking latin

• Die Hard
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

Something is up with my power chord and it scares me, the one for the 2010 macbook pro 13in. Lately it's been not charging the computer when it's plugged in, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. i couldn't get it to work yesterday and I gave it another try and upon plugging it in, the green light went on and the computer immediately shut off. It wouldn't turn on under its own battery, so I plugged it into a different power chord and that made it go on.

I think everything is ok, nothing seems off, I did back up everything though. Anything I should do to make sure nothing is messed up, like I said everything seems ok but couldn't hurt to check.

Also, which freakin power chord do I get to replace this? I'm looking on amazon cause all the ones on the apple site are like 80 bucks.

edit: solved this awhile ago just in case.
Flickr

On a lighter note I did run into a friend there who was simultaneously buying Plan B and a Valentines card.

#338 bosco

bosco

/////\\\\\\\

• Established Member
  • 739 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Idk much about computers exept how to get them to work normally. Last April I got an Asus Laptop with 6GB of ram, 750GB Hard Drive, Intel I7 Prosseser. So in all its a pretty good laptop? I have noticed that its been slowing down quite a bit latley though, I have downloaded a few programs such as: TF2 (Steam), Lightroom 4, uTorrent and lots of music that I have torrented (discographies). Is that slowing down my computer? I have also attempted to download many torrented games but they took to long and ended up not working...are they still on my computer?

Another question I had was how do I delelte a program that is saying it is still in use but it is not. I had a version of photoshop cs5 that I had accedently clicked the trial and it won't let me un-install it because I torrented it...

Someone please help, will be greatly appreciated!
nick stop maybe you are a mutant, I just saw x men again and it makes sense. save the pee by putting it in containers and sell on eBay as developer.

http://cargocollective.com/mattbosco

http://instagram.com/boscomatt

#339 BarneyStinson

BarneyStinson

Swarls Barkley

• Die Hard
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

how will it not let you uninstall it? Are you going through control panel > remove progams. Alternatively, root through where you put all the stuff that came with your computer and find the restore discs that should have your os and drivers on them, backup all the things you want to keep onto an external and do a fresh install. Also when it comes to speed if you're doing hardware upgrades, pick up an ssd, probably the easiest upgrade you can do on a laptop and it will speed that shit way up. Plus you can buy an enclosure and make another external out of the old hdd.

tl;dr, backup your important shit and reinstall windows.

“You laugh to keep from crying.

- Kanye West

http://jackgramenz.com

#340 PeterB

PeterB
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

So, awhile ago I bought some upgrades for my build... 16GB of RAM, ASRock Extreme4 Z77 mobo, and a new PSU. When I go to boot it up it says "Parity Error". I know that it's something to do with my memory... I went down to barebones, CPU, Mobo, 1 stick of ram. That didn't solve anything, so I tried swapping out that 1 stick to try and see if there was a defective stick. Nothing worked, I put in my old RAM and it didn't work. I'm almost certain it's my DIMM slots on my mobo... I already had a bent pin on the mobo so the warranty is void. Any suggestions? Don't really want to replace my mobo, as it's literally brand new...
Sony vx1000 - Raymod
Canon 60D - Opteka 6.5 - Sigma 70-300 - Rode Mic
http://www.youtube.com/6peter6bartus6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users