Not Trying To Start Anything Or Offend Anyone

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
390 replies to this topic

#121 aaahhh

aaahhh
  • Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:44 AM

Three things you never talk about. Religion, politics, or money.

This, again. Religion gets more personal then you guys may think. When I was younger I was arguing about religion with this one kid, and he got really offended when I told him I didn't think God was real and explaining to him why not. I found out later that his brother died a few years back, so then I realized that when I was telling him that God wasn't real I was basically telling him that his brother was rotting in the ground rather than being in heaven and watching over him and all that.

#122 caseyshaw

caseyshaw
  • Die Hard
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:49 AM

you're born, you live, you die. dying is the same as before you were born, nothing. i just live and don't think about any of this shit. i know how to go through life being a good person, i don't need a book to tell me what to do.

#123 you be STUNTIN!

you be STUNTIN!
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:14 AM

I just think this is a thread to make fun of what someone thinks...
leave it in your head and figure it out for yourself...
of course someone will make you want to believe what they believe. atheists will be atheists even when they dont wanna see the facts and Christians will just assume they are right without knowing why they are right...

for real though, "religion" is too touchy of a subject to get into on a forum... if you want to have this conversation with a christian, do it personally. enough with this back and forth... I know for a fact that as a christian, I would never deny my christianity. Especially after reading other peoples lame excuses. good day sirs.
HV30<3

#124 bruxo

bruxo

i live in a forest

• Die Hard
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:25 AM

you're born, you live, you die. dying is the same as before you were born, nothing. i just live and don't think about any of this shit. i know how to go through life being a good person, i don't need a book to tell me what to do.

this.

#125 beartown

beartown

Half Man, Half Man, ALL COP

• 2,707 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:56 AM

I dislike it when people make assumptions that anyone who isn't religious is some self-serving jackass who doesn't give a damn about anyone else.

the funny part about this is that those who run the country and claim to have sound "Christian" morals, are the self serving jackasses who don't give a damn about anyone else.

i just don't understand how one can believe that space was just magically here and that the big bang theory took place.

so then who created god? I can't understand how one could believe that god was just magically here and the creation of earth in 7 days took place.

of course someone will make you want to believe what they believe. atheists will be atheists even when they dont wanna see the facts

give me an example of one of these "facts" that the atheists don't want to look at please

1st Place Mustache Competition

1. You guys are pretty slow on updates.
2. Koston's on Lakai now...

dont really read out of school but in school im reading "the oddessy"

old book from like 1700's,not my thing.

Legit List
beartown

#126 you be STUNTIN!

you be STUNTIN!
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:23 PM

so then who created god? I can't understand how one could believe that god was just magically here and the creation of earth in 7 days took place.

God always has been and always will be. thats what the Bible says" its too hard to wrap our heads around, were only human. I hate to use this as a reply, because I know it sounds ridiculous to someone who doesn't have a strong belief that God does exist. I have only been a Christian for 4 years. before that, I believed in nothing. I lived my life based on the thought that I was just supposed to be happy and had nothing to rely on. I can tell you straight up right now that it has made a dramatic change in my lifestyle. I have a purpose now. The biggest FACT that proves that the Bible is real is right before your eyes, our world is in a much darker place than it has ever been...
Matthew 24:7 "For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes."
I guarantee this is what is happening and what is going to continue to happen from now until forever, and it's not getting any better.

Also, what you said about our government is also true. they say those things to get more followers and then lead people away from Christianity
Matthew 24:11 "And many false prophets will arise, and will mislead many."

I hope this helps you see more of what we believe and why we believe it, we try not to be ignorant but sometimes, it comes across that way because we believe opposite things.
HV30<3

#127 KingJroddII

KingJroddII

First Class Tramp

• Established Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:38 PM

If you need some ancient scrolls telling you of the mysterious life of a Jew from Nazareth to figure out how to be a good person, then, well... fuck, you must not be very bright.

Well i see your logic and you're right if your with the worldview but wrong if your with God view; for what is wise to God is foolish to Human beings and what is foolish to God is wisdom to Man. Before Jesus in the old testament the people were for example doing nothing on the sabbath and any thing different would be heresy(Spelling?). Well Jesus would perform miracles on the sabbath and this made people upset. He said "well if your son is sick do you just let him die on the sabbath" things like that. Thats what i mean by taught us. I dont literally mean we didnt know absolutely anything about ethics and morality. If you read my other posts youll learn that you can be as objective as you want bro but you'll always have bias from how you were raised and where youre from. And thats what makes me believe in God, the fact that all this knowledge is within us and there are natural remedies on this Earth for illnesses. So yeah man keep on learning and learning and learning whats already there. Intelligence is within all of us.
one

#128 rileyh.

rileyh.

phil.

• Die Hard
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:12 PM

The biggest FACT that proves that the Bible is real is right before your eyes, our world is in a much darker place than it has ever been...
Matthew 24:7 "For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes."
I guarantee this is what is happening and what is going to continue to happen from now until forever, and it's not getting any better.

Also, what you said about our government is also true. they say those things to get more followers and then lead people away from Christianity
Matthew 24:11 "And many false prophets will arise, and will mislead many."

For the first part of that, do you realize that tectonic shifts have been happening for millions of years? And there are probably fewer wars in the last 100 years than there ever have been since the era of civilized humanity? I hate when christians reference the bible thinking the world is going to shit because of whats happening now, when in reality famine, natural disaster and war are all parts of the human experience which has occurred since we evolved to our current state, but now its just less extreme. We don't have shortage like we used to, and wars are less frequent and by in large, smaller.

its so much easier to yell 'THE END TIMES ARE HERE, END TIMES ARE HERE' than to re-asess your belief system which is a 2000 year old educated guess about the future, or at least thats how people interpret it these days.

#129 The High Life

The High Life
  • Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:21 PM

holy fuck is it really that hard to see past christianities idea of spirtuality and atheism, there is more than black and white you know.

you are god, we are all gods, there is nothing but god. the world is your painting, your thoughts are the colors, your actions are the paint strokes. it is only a dream.
Personality v2.0

www . The - High - Life . com | Facebook | Legit: KyranFord

NOTE: 'The High Life' IS A FICTIONAL ONLINE CHARACTER AT THE SKATEPERCEPTION.COM FORUMS. THAT MEANS ALL POSTS MADE BY THE CREATORS ARE STRICTLY FICTITIOUS IN NATURE, AND USED SOLELY AS PERSONALITY EXPERIMENTS FOR THEIR OWN AMUSEMENT AND REFINEMENT. ANY RESEMBLANCES TO REAL LIFE ARE PURELY COINCIDENTAL. We also tend to edit our posts 2-3 times within about 5 minutes after posting them.. Just a heads up.

#130 The High Life

The High Life
  • Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:23 PM

all religions are differen languages for the same thing. sometimes very distorted.
Personality v2.0

www . The - High - Life . com | Facebook | Legit: KyranFord

NOTE: 'The High Life' IS A FICTIONAL ONLINE CHARACTER AT THE SKATEPERCEPTION.COM FORUMS. THAT MEANS ALL POSTS MADE BY THE CREATORS ARE STRICTLY FICTITIOUS IN NATURE, AND USED SOLELY AS PERSONALITY EXPERIMENTS FOR THEIR OWN AMUSEMENT AND REFINEMENT. ANY RESEMBLANCES TO REAL LIFE ARE PURELY COINCIDENTAL. We also tend to edit our posts 2-3 times within about 5 minutes after posting them.. Just a heads up.

#131 rileyh.

rileyh.

phil.

• Die Hard
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:26 PM

the world is your painting, your thoughts are the colors, your actions are the paint strokes. it is only a dream.

#132 tat

tat
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:47 PM

give me an example of one of these "facts" that the atheists don't want to look at please

If some sort of explosion occurred in space, it usually has the law of angular momentum to deal with...
so why is there different planets spinning different ways? If the big bang didn't have angular momentum and stayed in one place (things that explode usually move jus sayin) where did the other planets come from? than why are we rotating around the sun. And if the moon came from a piece of the earth why is that spinning in the opposite direction it's falling?

I know I'm just bringing up questions, but science has unanswered questions too...

=42

#133 Dr. Doak

Dr. Doak
  • 7,496 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:04 PM

Pretty sure I've heard all of those examples before and they all have been taken into consideration, though I don't remember if any conclusive answered were made.

But that's besides the point. Lack of evidence doesn't me shit, for any view point on the matter. So you think just because we can't answer some things that there must be a god behind it all? Talk about throwing in the towel early. Hundreds of years ago, people believed that the Earth was at the center of the Universe and anyone who believed otherwise was a heretic. As time progresses, we learn more about the world around us and the "unanswered" questions that were accredited to a god have become naturally occurring events with perfectly sound explanations.

I don't care which way you believe, but religion and science don't mix that well. If you want to find "facts" that support religion, then step outside the realm of science and talk about things that science cannot answer (not things that science hasn't answered, but things that are out of the scope of science all together).

By the way, the Catholic church has already accepted the Big Bang theory, if that means anything to you. Even people like that aren't blind enough to not see the strong support of evidence behind something like that, even if it is just a theory.

I mean, you can choose to be pessimistic or optimistic about this stuff. You can look at all the things that science hasn't answered yet or you can look at all the things it has answered. And scientists aren't complaining about unanswered questions; that's how they keep their jobs.

#134 Brian Fitz

Brian Fitz

all things shitty

• Die Hard
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:08 PM

If some sort of explosion occurred in space, it usually has the law of angular momentum to deal with...
so why is there different planets spinning different ways? If the big bang didn't have angular momentum and stayed in one place (things that explode usually move jus sayin) where did the other planets come from? than why are we rotating around the sun. And if the moon came from a piece of the earth why is that spinning in the opposite direction it's falling?

Do you really think you are smart enough to disprove the Big Bang Theory?!

By the way, the Catholic church has already accepted the Big Bang theory, if that means anything to you.

They have also accepted the theory of Evolution, but they're still a corrupt religion. It's gotten to the stage where the Pope's upcoming visit to Ireland is more controversial than the Queen's.

#135 JACKSONVILLAIN

JACKSONVILLAIN
  • Die Hard
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:11 PM

g shit

some peoples stupidity never seizes to amaze me....

I skate crusty shit ONLY i never skate stairs or nice perfect handrails you dumb fuck.

vx-medal-bronze-1.png - im dat dude

#136 tat

tat
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:13 PM

its so much easier to yell 'THE END TIMES ARE HERE, END TIMES ARE HERE' than to re-asess your belief system which is a 2000 year old educated guess about the future, or at least thats how people interpret it these days.

i mean john the writer of revolations was probobly pretty high when he wrote revelations. If you look where he was at the time he was on some island with some gnarly hallucinogens grew on that island. Cant say that everything in revelation is going to be real

#137 tat

tat
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:18 PM

Do you really think you are smart enough to disprove the Big Bang Theory?!

I'm just saying there are unanswered questions on both sides.

#138 you be STUNTIN!

you be STUNTIN!
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:25 PM

i mean john the writer of revolations was probobly pretty high when he wrote revelations. If you look where he was at the time he was on some island with some gnarly hallucinogens grew on that island. Cant say that everything in revelation is going to be real

John didn't write Revelations, if you're going to say that the Bible is at all true, then you should know that God instructed his disciples on what to write. He wouldn't let something false be written
HV30<3

#139 Dr. Doak

Dr. Doak
  • 7,496 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:32 PM

god -> troll of the year

#140 tat

tat
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

John didn't write Revelations, if you're going to say that the Bible is at all true, then you should know that God instructed his disciples on what to write. He wouldn't let something false be written

haha
john wrote john and revelations....
I want to point out that jJesus's 36 teachings all were parables. you think the bible ain't one?

Edit: which disciples wrote the old testament?