Not Trying To Start Anything Or Offend Anyone

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
390 replies to this topic

#161 The High Life

The High Life
  • Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:18 PM

Personally my stance is that I don't really give two shits about how I have managed to get here. In my opinion it is irrelevant to the way I am living my life and I prefer to look forward and strive to reach the goals I have set for myself.

I don't discredit the Bible at all and in fact appreciate many of the stories in it as they can be tools for teaching and reminding people of sound morals and standards to live by - you do have to pick and choose which are appropriate for your individual self.

I do actually plan on learning more about Christianity and the new testament this summer when I move to the same city as my girlfriend and accompany her. I am excited to learn and read more and hear more since my knowledge of the Bible right now is severely limited.

im quoting you because i know many feel this way....you must know the past to have a real future, for real....its all written on the walls of life.
Personality v2.0

www . The - High - Life . com | Facebook | Legit: KyranFord

NOTE: 'The High Life' IS A FICTIONAL ONLINE CHARACTER AT THE SKATEPERCEPTION.COM FORUMS. THAT MEANS ALL POSTS MADE BY THE CREATORS ARE STRICTLY FICTITIOUS IN NATURE, AND USED SOLELY AS PERSONALITY EXPERIMENTS FOR THEIR OWN AMUSEMENT AND REFINEMENT. ANY RESEMBLANCES TO REAL LIFE ARE PURELY COINCIDENTAL. We also tend to edit our posts 2-3 times within about 5 minutes after posting them.. Just a heads up.

#162 dcarulli

dcarulli

internet thug

• 2,345 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:19 PM

Just the mere fact that people are discussing different translations is proof in and of itself that the Bible is completely arbitrary.

Rape has been changed now to violate, because the passage is clearly fucking immoral with the word "rape" in there. The Bible has been rewritten more times than we likely know.

Let me fucking repeat myself: IT HAS BEEN CHANGED/FUCKED WITH. Altered. Logically, this completely dismantles any argument that today's Bible is "the word of God."

#163 austhesauce

austhesauce
  • Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:22 PM

holy fuck is it really that hard to see past christianities idea of spirtuality and atheism, there is more than black and white you know.

you are god, we are all gods, there is nothing but god. the world is your painting, your thoughts are the colors, your actions are the paint strokes. it is only a dream.

Your text gives me headaches
Austin Griffith

dvc30/modteka

YOUTUBE

#164 The High Life

The High Life
  • Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:23 PM

Your text gives me headaches

then congratulations your a genius.
Personality v2.0

NOTE: 'The High Life' IS A FICTIONAL ONLINE CHARACTER AT THE SKATEPERCEPTION.COM FORUMS. THAT MEANS ALL POSTS MADE BY THE CREATORS ARE STRICTLY FICTITIOUS IN NATURE, AND USED SOLELY AS PERSONALITY EXPERIMENTS FOR THEIR OWN AMUSEMENT AND REFINEMENT. ANY RESEMBLANCES TO REAL LIFE ARE PURELY COINCIDENTAL. We also tend to edit our posts 2-3 times within about 5 minutes after posting them.. Just a heads up.

#165 Brian Fitz

Brian Fitz

all things shitty

• Die Hard
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:25 PM

m m m my a genius

#166 TylerAnastasi

TylerAnastasi

lol rape

• Die Hard
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:26 PM

then congratulations your a genius.

*you're

#167 dcarulli

dcarulli

internet thug

• 2,345 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

I should keep posting the most ludicrous Bible passages just to hear how Christians try to justify them.

2 Kings 2:

23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys. 25 And he went on to Mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria.

edit: I always knew beartown was somewhere in the Bible.

#168 The High Life

The High Life
  • Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:35 PM

i dont think any young people care about christianity, they just dont know where to go from there.
Personality v2.0

#169 Jayrad

Jayrad

werd

• Die Hard
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:45 PM

fuk god imite b a dope dealr

ride motorcycles and drink from the bottle

#170 OddBall

OddBall

FSPP

• Die Hard
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:58 PM

god -> troll of the year

lulz

#171 tat

tat
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:51 AM

Just the mere fact that people are discussing different translations is proof in and of itself that the Bible is completely arbitrary.

Rape has been changed now to violate, because the passage is clearly fucking immoral with the word "rape" in there. The Bible has been rewritten more times than we likely know.

Let me fucking repeat myself: IT HAS BEEN CHANGED/FUCKED WITH. Altered. Logically, this completely dismantles any argument that today's Bible is "the word of God."

I don't think your getting it...
There are two parts of the bible Old testament and new testament written 400 years apart. The old testament were mainly stories of what God did.
If you read the bible like a book, you'd get that rules change throughout the bible because of Jesus. It don't matter what translation people translate greek with.
The bible aint a rule book, it's mainly a story to understand who someone is.

#172 dcarulli

dcarulli

internet thug

• 2,345 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:56 AM

I don't think your getting it...
There are two parts of the bible Old testament and new testament written 400 years apart. The old testament were mainly stories of what God did.
If you read the bible like a book, you'd get that rules change throughout the bible because of Jesus. It don't matter what translation people translate greek with.
The bible aint a rule book, it's mainly a story to understand who someone is.

In order for your "God" to fit the definition of a perfect, omnipotent being, he must remain UNCHANGING. So now he's changing his mind? Lol @ the irony of "I don't think your getting it."

#173 beartown

beartown

Half Man, Half Man, ALL COP

• 2,704 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:38 AM

I should keep posting the most ludicrous Bible passages just to hear how Christians try to justify them.

2 Kings 2:

23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys. 25 And he went on to Mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria.

edit: I always knew beartown was somewhere in the Bible.

Every time someone makes fun of a bald person I maul 42 boys in the name of the lord. What can I say, I have a soft spot in my heart for those with lesser genetics.

1st Place Mustache Competition

1. You guys are pretty slow on updates.
2. Koston's on Lakai now...

dont really read out of school but in school im reading "the oddessy"

old book from like 1700's,not my thing.

Legit List
beartown

#174 Dr. Doak

Dr. Doak
  • 7,496 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:44 PM

so that's why he's called beartown.

#175 Cmon95

Cmon95
  • Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:25 PM

Every time someone makes fun of a bald person I maul 42 boys in the name of the lord. What can I say, I have a soft spot in my heart for those with lesser genetics.

permission to sig?

shit just got real.

a janitor's apprentice at Nike SB

Tumblr
YouTube

#176 Scotty

Scotty

darth fader.

• Die Hard
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:35 PM

i dont think any young people care about christianity, they just dont know where to go from there.

This is probably the truest thing you've posted, especially in the area I live in. It seems like these kids are force-fed christian bullshit their whole lives and are never shown any other perspectives. Most of the time they end up either too scared or too brainwashed to examine other beliefs because they can't possibly believe that their role models and major figures in their life have been completely bullshitting them.

he fakie heelflipped into the abyss with his cargo pants on

#177 you be STUNTIN!

you be STUNTIN!
  • Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:39 PM

This is probably the truest thing you've posted, especially in the area I live in. It seems like these kids are force-fed christian bullshit their whole lives and are never shown any other perspectives. Most of the time they end up either too scared or too brainwashed to examine other beliefs because they can't possibly believe that their role models and major figures in their life have been completely bullshitting them.

i care just for the record...
HV30<3

#178 JACKSONVILLAIN

JACKSONVILLAIN
  • Die Hard
  • 2,374 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:42 PM

gods dum lol

some peoples stupidity never seizes to amaze me....

I skate crusty shit ONLY i never skate stairs or nice perfect handrails you dumb fuck.

vx-medal-bronze-1.png - im dat dude

#179 tat

tat
  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:27 PM

In order for your "God" to fit the definition of a perfect, omnipotent being, he must remain UNCHANGING. So now he's changing his mind? Lol @ the irony of "I don't think your getting it."

The whole bible says from the beginning the same things. It's not him thats changing... it's the situation thats changing..
the only noticeable time he chages his mind is when he kills everyone in the great flood
he hates everyone and kills off everyone except 6 people

and that s mad true...

#180 keepitreal

keepitreal
  • Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:22 PM

Sometimes I feel like people are way too opinionated when it comes to religion and base their opinion off of one or a few things alone without really diving too far into the topic and then acting like they know it all. Religion attempts to explain the unexplained. There is a lot that science cannot explain. There is a lot of proof that some of the claims religion has attempted to make about the world is probably not the truth. So, I'm not really an atheist, nor am I really a Christian or a person who necessarily believes in God. So, when attempting to explain something that even science can't explain fully yet, I feel like I'm not in a very good position to make any radical theories since I'm not a scientist.

My theory is that The Bible is obviously not completely true and it has some literal and some metaphorical meaning to it. Many atheists use the argument that The Bible states that the world was created by God in 7 days to put down Christianity/religion. I think this statement is very unlikely, however maybe it was written metaphorically. But, the main point I want to get at by bringing this up is that this statement about creationism that the bible makes shouldn't be evidence to one deciding that there is no God. It also doesn't mean The Bible is all bullshit. I admit to not really reading the bible very much but you can some good insight from it. The Bible also shouldn't be treated as a document used to prove things either. Its a book about the teachings of the Christian religion. Maybe its been used as a tool to aid corruption in the past, but the original purpose of it was probably just to explain the beliefs of those who organized the religion.

As for Jesus, I believe he was probably a real person. I feel like some people act like he was a bad person or something haha. He saw flaws in the way people were living and devoted his life to making the world a better place and hes probably the most well known and influential figure in the world. I have no reason to hate him.

I guess it doesn't really matter too much what label you put on your beliefs and the label you put on yourself shouldn't restrict your mind to think freely about things. I feel like this happens a lot with both religion and some atheists. Also, I do believe in God in a sense. Not in the sense that he is a human like figure. I feel like there must be some sort of higher being to create the universe. It makes no sense to me how the concept of existence came into place. Out of nothing, something formed or was there always something. If you get what I'm saying because its sort of hard to explain in words, which shows my complete lack of understanding and how mind boggling the existence of space time is.

Another thing religion touches upon is the afterlife. It doesn't make much sense to me that when you die you go to heaven really. But, if you think about it. We are made up of a bunch of atoms which are all unconscious (obviously) but as a whole, we are conscious beings. So, in a way it makes sense that reality is sort of an illusion. When we die, in one sense, from our perspective, we just become unconscious. From the perspective of the atoms, that make us up, nothing really changes. So, when we die, in the grand scheme of things, nothing has really changed. We were once living as conscious beings and then from our death to eternity we become more directly connected to the universe. Could the universe be considered one conscious being? I think its possible and also not in the same sense that we are conscious currently. So, in a sense, I feel like eternal life is possible.

My thoughts, its fun to think about things like this sometimes.