Motorcycle Thread 3.0

• Please log in to reply
1926 replies to this topic

#441 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:46 PM

out of curiosity... why buy a new one? you could buy an already broken in one and save sooooooooooo much money and you're not really losing hardly anything in the deal

#442 Thrash'in

Thrash'in

Dead Man Walking

• Die Hard
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:23 PM

trying to be responsible.. i could take my bonus this year and be halfway to a brand new triumph.. but thats a bad idea. although maybe next year if i play my cards right.

To bad you dont live in Oregon, someone just posted this thing, I'm thinking about buying it just because it is so cheap
http://portland.crai...2741427539.html

And we just got new rims and tires on my 71 iron head, time to start the hard tail
http://holidaycustoms.blogspot.com/

#443 jay cagney

jay cagney

busy

• Die Hard
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

out of curiosity... why buy a new one? you could buy an already broken in one and save sooooooooooo much money and you're not really losing hardly anything in the deal

well I would have to find a used one at a dealer to finance, because I'm not going to have the cash to outright buy something.

I'm pretty uneducated when it comes to loans and all that, because I try to avoid buying things that I can't afford. I guess it may be time to start looking into it

Either case I want to wait until early 2013 once my life smooths out and I can set myself up with some sort of savings

To bad you dont live in Oregon, someone just posted this thing, I'm thinking about buying it just because it is so cheap
http://portland.crai...2741427539.html

I wish I lived in Oregon in general.. maybe someday.

#444 Spracky

Spracky

Rōnin

• Die Hard
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:10 PM

Valid question. It's rare to find a used bonneville on craigslist around my area (even though I live by the largest dealer in california) I'd estimate a new bonneville popping up on craigslist occurs once a month and usually not in the color/model/year I want. On top of that the few bikes that do come up are priced in the same range as brand new ones because they retain so much resell value. Maybe if it's different elsewhere but that's what the market looks like here.
Posted Image

third world means it has like an average earned of less then like 12,000 a year

#445 OGmike

OGmike

dude man.

• 4,486 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

damn you live in SF, sometimes i go in certain craigslist cities in california just to see the amount of super awesome bikes for sale compared to the amount there are here which is almost none.

#446 Stefan C.

Stefan C.

imposter.

• Die Hard
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

semi-proud of myself for not going out on the bike today. Sunny and in the 40s, but still icy.

#447 Spracky

Spracky

Rōnin

• Die Hard
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

damn you live in SF, sometimes i go in certain craigslist cities in california just to see the amount of super awesome bikes for sale compared to the amount there are here which is almost none.

I do that with ebay all the time... just look at the gems in the middle of nowhere that I wouldn't feel safe purchasing sight unseen.
Posted Image

#448 jay cagney

jay cagney

busy

• Die Hard
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:34 PM

Posted Image

#449 Thrash'in

Thrash'in

Dead Man Walking

• Die Hard
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:00 PM

^^^^ I like that bike but it has way to much going on, I like bikes that are really simple

#450 Spracky

Spracky

Rōnin

• Die Hard
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:46 AM

I like simple bikes as well. That bike reminds me of what royal enfield is putting out with their modern bullets. I sat on one a few weeks back and wasn't too impressed with how it felt but there's something cool about having a bike that you could fix up with whatever tools you have lying around.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#451 jay cagney

jay cagney

busy

• Die Hard
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:15 AM

yeah it is a lot going on. here are some simpler ones from the same guy. not certain if he just photographs them or these are his projects-

Posted Image

Posted Image
doesn't look to comfy but interesting looking

#452 OGmike

OGmike

dude man.

• 4,486 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

that honda cafe is so butter, whenever down the road in my life when i get a chance and $, since i have none of those things right now Im gonna build a sweet cafe bike, I always thought this was the sickest bike when i had my KZ

#453 tresallday

tresallday
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

#454 Spracky

Spracky

Rōnin

• Die Hard
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:26 AM

I watched this awhile back on pipeburn. If I didn't know any better I'd want to buy an old trident and go on my own desert adventure. Anyone ever ridden street bikes where there's a lot of dust/dirt? The traction must be be awful on turns. Due to living in a city I've never done any dirt biking or dual sporting so I'm a novice about that kind of stuff.
Posted Image

#455 Smg1293

Smg1293

More Gear Than Talent

• Die Hard
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:47 AM

Rode for the first time in a year and a half today, really sparked my interest in ridding again. Shedding some excess photo gear then buying a new bike. You ever find a shovelhead Scott? I am looking for one myself now. :ph34r:

#456 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

Rode for the first time in a year and a half today, really sparked my interest in ridding again. Shedding some excess photo gear then buying a new bike. You ever find a shovelhead Scott? I am looking for one myself now. :ph34r:

Not yet, no. Probably won't buy anything for a couple months with it being winter and all. Going to keep saving and waiting patiently until something near perfect for what I want comes along.

#457 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:38 AM

they will test you

#458 OwenF.

OwenF.
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

ive made the decision that im going to start saving for a motorcycle from this point on, i saw this and saw some potential for only 350.

im planning on buying one this year or something like that and just working on it till im 18, my dad said that he doesnt want me having a motorcycle because they're dangerous. but he said he doesnt give a shit after i turn 18 so i figured i could just ride it down my street and back and learn to ride again (i rode dirt bikes when i was little).
flickr

i don't even care what i think, thats why im so sucessful

#459 Circle Gallery

Circle Gallery

NOS™ High-Performance Energy Drink

• Die Hard
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:22 PM

motorcycles are just stupid, how the fuck are you supposed to go food shopping

#460 LeetPokemon

LeetPokemon

Sex Panther