• Please log in to reply
1927 replies to this topic

#781 Stefan C.

Stefan C.

imposter.

• Die Hard
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

Caught a screw in my rear tire riding into work. It was my first flat. Got kind of sketchy but I just eased off the throttle and pulled off. Got the bike back home going about 5mph, stopping to pump it up ever couple of miles.

I don't have a garage, or tire irons, or the will to do a tire change after all that. I got a proper bike jack and will be bringing the wheel down to the shop for a new tube.

Really glad I didn't eat shit, but beyond that I am pretty frustrated. My brother is buying a matte black scrambler TODAY.

What fuckin timing. We'll go ride this weekend I hope.

#782 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,055 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

Caught a screw in my rear tire riding into work. It was my first flat. Got kind of sketchy

Wait till you catch a front flat going over 20. Sketchy as hell.

#783 jay cagney

jay cagney

busy

• Die Hard
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

damn, glad you didn't dump the bike or hurt yourself. I haven't had too many close calls yet, just a little bit of gravel, idiot drivers, coming too close to running out of pavement on turns and locked my back wheel up once

#784 ScottasonicDVX

ScottasonicDVX
  • Established Member
  • 603 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

Just got the bike to 100% with a few tweaks!

Runs smooth.

Took my first ride! Nothing crazy, just a zip around the neighborhood, but it felt amazing! This old-timer saw me cruising around and got stoked, gave me a thumbs up. Pretty dope.

Just got to get plates and I'll be street legal.
Posted Image
R.I.P.-J.W.B.

#785 OwenF.

OwenF.
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

Posted Image
saw a pretty sick BMW at a publix the other day.

I want a bike soooo baaaad. I just need to start saving.
flickr

i don't even care what i think, thats why im so sucessful

#786 Doot

Doot

fuck

• Die Hard
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

bidding on an xs650 frame. hopefully i can get this shit and get started on something.

smoke dmt guys it will be the most spiritual experience you will ever have. also i think that when i die and i meet jesus im gonna be like hey where have you been all my life

FUCK THE POLICE oh and read a book too

flickr

LEGIT:
HSI, esteban was eaten, Nicholas, Daniel kisner

#787 OwenF.

OwenF.
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

what do you guys think about buying a motorcycle piece by piece?

is it worth the hassle, waste of money, save money?
flickr

#788 OGmike

OGmike

dude man.

• 4,514 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

Just got the bike to 100% with a few tweaks!

Runs smooth.

Took my first ride! Nothing crazy, just a zip around the neighborhood, but it felt amazing! This old-timer saw me cruising around and got stoked, gave me a thumbs up. Pretty dope.

Just got to get plates and I'll be street legal.

do you have your license yet?

#789 ScottasonicDVX

ScottasonicDVX
  • Established Member
  • 603 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

do you have your license yet?

Not yet, so scratch that.

Plates and permit and I'll be street legal.
Posted Image
R.I.P.-J.W.B.

#790 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,055 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:10 AM

That all depends, really. If you have the patience to find every piece at a low price and the know how to piece it all together, go for it. If you really want to ride a motorcycle ASAP, bad idea.

#791 jay cagney

jay cagney

busy

• Die Hard
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

my lifes been way better since obtaining two motorcycles, one to ride, and one to work on, with nothing in between (for less money than my friends have in their single bikes)

#792 OwenF.

OwenF.
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:33 AM

That all depends, really. If you have the patience to find every piece at a low price and the know how to piece it all together, go for it. If you really want to ride a motorcycle ASAP, bad idea.

Well I'm 16 right now. My dad said i can't have a bike while im under his wing. So that basically gives me 2 years to save up. It would probably be easier to just buy one haha.
flickr

#793 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,055 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

Well I'm 16 right now. My dad said i can't have a bike while im under his wing. So that basically gives me 2 years to save up. It would probably be easier to just buy one haha.

But cooler to have every piece of your motorcycle hand selected by you

#794 beartown

beartown

Half Man, Half Man, ALL COP

• 2,704 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

I am decent at all three. SPMC roadtrip rollout

It's on, meeting place is Kyle Bunker's house. I'm still not sure if he's aware of our arrival.

1st Place Mustache Competition

1. You guys are pretty slow on updates.
2. Koston's on Lakai now...

dont really read out of school but in school im reading "the oddessy"

old book from like 1700's,not my thing.

Legit List
beartown

#795 basti

basti
  • Die Hard
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

I think it's actually more expensive to build it piece by piece. motorcycle parts are really expensive; i think it'd be more worth your while to buy a basket case or parts/project bike and rebuild it. I bought a project cl450 with 95% of the parts i need for the same amount it would've cost me for a set of wheels for the same bike. but if you've got the money and the time, go for it

the main reason i bought a project bike was so that i could learn the inner workings of the motorcycle. i rather understand how things work in the engine and on the bike than shell out a little bit more so i can ride it right when I buy it, without knowing how to diagnose a problem.

#796 Stefan C.

Stefan C.

imposter.

• Die Hard
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

my brother got a scrambler...so stoked, mad triumphs running around these parts
Posted Image

Also, got a jack and brought my flat in for a new tube...back on the road. It's a good day
Posted Image

#797 OwenF.

OwenF.
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

the main reason i bought a project bike was so that i could learn the inner workings of the motorcycle. i rather understand how things work in the engine and on the bike than shell out a little bit more so i can ride it right when I buy it, without knowing how to diagnose a problem.

This all the way
flickr

#798 Doot

Doot

fuck

• Die Hard
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

I think it's actually more expensive to build it piece by piece. motorcycle parts are really expensive; i think it'd be more worth your while to buy a basket case or parts/project bike and rebuild it. I bought a project cl450 with 95% of the parts i need for the same amount it would've cost me for a set of wheels for the same bike. but if you've got the money and the time, go for it

well i think I'll just let that auction end then. that makes a lot more sense, especially if you're just learning with them. like myself. and the search continues....

smoke dmt guys it will be the most spiritual experience you will ever have. also i think that when i die and i meet jesus im gonna be like hey where have you been all my life

FUCK THE POLICE oh and read a book too

flickr

LEGIT:
HSI, esteban was eaten, Nicholas, Daniel kisner

#799 OwenF.

OwenF.
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

My momma said she's about to pay off her car and might give it to me because my cars a piece of shit and she wants a truck, if that goes down i'm definitely selling my car and buying a bike, ill probably do a project bike like basti said so i can figure out everything.
flickr

#800 Stefan C.

Stefan C.

imposter.

• Die Hard
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

Official position of the MC is to buy a bike that you can ride, or get on the road easily.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users