Photo

Tour Of Most Excellence Submission Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#21 Roasted Albatross

Roasted Albatross

RAPTOR JESUS RAVE

• Die Hard
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

skate
Posted Image
yep. I haven't skated in a while, so this is it. click the picture for a skate photo I shot a few weeks ago. I'm actually pretty stoked on it.

portrait
Posted Image
I kinda bitched out on this one too. I didn't have time for much since my ae-1 broke and then I fucked up my other roll for this. so all of these were shot in one day. self portrait like a bitch.

where I'm from
Posted Image
this is a house a few blocks from mine, I drive past it all the time and I always say I'll shoot a photo of it but I never got around to it until the other day.

random
Posted Image
another place near my house, except during the 19 years I've lived here I never once noticed this thing. stopped, shot a photo of it, chatted with the guy who owns the house, cool time.

all shot on CVS400 with a Canon AE-1, and a 50mm 1.8 in one day.haha, worst entry ever.
flickr.
vimeo.
tumblr.

comp is way too tight.

Ya I know, My battery was about to die so I didn't set my ISO.

Legit:
AndrewTomchyshyn
IvanFucich
Tommy
Taylor r
BoBoShimmy8
Scuba Steve
Nick Florko
Paul Hennessy

#22 yeahhhevan

yeahhhevan

Eat Shit

• Established Member
  • 770 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

Skate
Posted Image
This is my homie Ben. He kills it, has the best style, can get a trick at pretty much any spot and he's probably one of the nicest dudes I've ever met. Always a good time going out skating with him.

Portrait
Posted Image
Again this is my homie Ben.

Where You Live
Posted Image
This is my backyard while being mowed for the first time in probably a year.

Random
Posted Image
Me and my roommate don't have cable, so when I'm not lurking SP/the interwebs I'm usually throwing some darts.
TUMBLR
YOUTUBE
VIMEO
FLICKR

Posted ImageLong Lens Single Ledge Trick
Posted ImageLong Lens Handrail

#23 zacklehans

zacklehans

so college

• Established Member
  • 698 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:37 AM

Skate:
Posted Image
I don't shoot skate and don't intend on getting into shooting skate, but here's my first shot at it. I think this spot would be much cooler if someone with more experience shot it, but whatever. I'm okay with it.
Canon AE-1

Portrait:
Posted Image
Somewhat a self portrait. Taken with a bunch of my good friends from back home who were visiting me at college.
Canon AE-1

Where I Live:
Posted Image
Bloomington-Normal, IL. I go to Illinois State University and this is taken from the top floor of my residence hall. Tallest building between Chicago and St. Lewis.
Olympus XA

Random:
Posted Image
My favorite photo in my submission. Some random church right off campus and some bold red tree.
Canon AE-1

I'm pretty happy with this submission overall. Thanks for letting me be a part.
julien doesn't use a meter, he just licks his finger and puts it in the wind and is like 1/125 at f8.
1) Write farewell note
2) Eat cyanide pill
3) Apply USM

flickr
Cargo

Tumblr

#24 snowdon

snowdon

don beech

• Die Hard
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:27 AM

Skate:
I am at home right now and didn't time to scan the shot I wanted to put in. I acutally thought my day was the 30th. So this photo is a holder for now

Posted Image

Portrait:
My sister with our dog.

Posted Image

Where I live:
I live in the Hudson Valley, its a really nice area to study in. Its the first time In my life I have been surrounded by mountains versus flat elevation.

Posted Image

Random:
I don't usually take pictures of cemetaries, I was in the mood to shot this one day, and didn't realize the timing of the bird flying off.

Posted Image

All 4x5's, EFKE 100 Film, Developed in D76, Scanned on a V700. Skate shot will be placed in this week.
blog
Site
Flickr

bro i got a summicron i don't need to be able to see colour.

#25 Vaughn M.

Vaughn M.
  • Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

Skate:

A shot of my homie, Maxx, doing a trick at the local park...
Posted Image

Portrait:

Same dude, cleaning out the wagon...
Posted Image

Where I Live:

About a 20 minute exposure of my house with star trails... I live on a small farm in New Hampshire.
Posted Image

Random:

A long exposure of a building at a farm museum place that I found wandering in the dark one night... The red glow is coming from a single exit sign in the back of the building.
Posted Image

All shot on Pentax ME Super and Pentax P3n with Fuji 200 film.

#26 IvanFucich

IvanFucich

//

• Die Hard
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

skate:

my friend matt doing a bs nose grind on a box // park rat // iphone 4s

Posted Image

portrait:

hanging out with my best friend pete in some abandon field // canon ae-1

Posted Image

where i live:

this was taken on halloween night 2011 // canon ae-1 with flash

Posted Image

anything you want:

jezuz on mi wall // stylus epic

Posted Image

#27 myself

myself
  • Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

Skate

Posted Image

This is my friend Javier doing a bs boardslide in a shitty local park, he has that trick quite mastered. I don't shoot skateboarding at all, my friends and me aren't really good at it but we have fun, that is what matters right?

Where I live

Posted Image

I live in a Spanish city surrounded by mountains and forests, that big mountain in the background is 30 km away from my city. It's called Ori and the cool thing about it is that it just delimits the French border and in really bright days you can see the sea, which is 70 km away. I want to go there with my brother and shoot some photos.

Portrait

Posted Image

This is my friend Javier chilling after some skating in a school. That grass is made of plastic.

Random

Posted Image

Once again my friend Javier this time with Jon, in the bus, going back home. I don't know what they were looking to.

I'm quite dissapointed with my submission becuase I don't have a scanner yet so I haven't uploaded any of my film stuff. Despite that I'm really happy to be a part of this! you guys are really inspire me to shoot more, thanks!

#28 mrberns

mrberns

I was Saying Boo-erns

• 3,733 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

Alright children. I guess its my turn to wrap this thing up. Gonna have to say my plans got more and more ambitious, starting with I'll shoot the whole thing with flash since its something that I've started working with in the last couple months, then moved onto I'll shoot the whole thing with flash on 4x5, then all on flash with 4x5 on TXP, to all flash 4x5 on TXP on the same day...

Then I developed all the sheets... and said fuck it I'm telling a story. Heres my submission.

Where I live(ed)

Posted Image

This is the view from the garden in the back of my mom's house near Oak Harbor, Washington. I actually only lived in this house over the summer of 2003 between when I graduated from high school and when I moved to Seattle to go to school for video production. Two things happened that summer while I was living here. 1) While up in Vancouver on a road trip I came off a rail and landed awkwardly, busting a hole out the side of my ankle and tearing up pretty much everything that holds together the right side of my foot. Pretty much ending my ability to ever do fliptricks the same. and 2) I went on digitalskate.net for the first time where I met Steve for the first time and talked enough shit about the community with him that a little under a year later he formed skateperception. Shot on Kodak Ektachtachrome Plus in the Busch pressman D with 105mm f/4.5 Tominon and developed in Arista Rapid E6. Light tilt.

Portrait

Posted Image

This is my fiance Amanda. I met her through a friend at the Art Institute around the time that I was graduating and she was starting there. We've been together for a little over six years, had two different places together and three different cats. Back in June this year I proposed to her even though we've pretty much been married for a while now since I was pretty sure she just wanted a ring. Let me know if you can't see this one, its set to private since she hates this shot (shes a graphic designer and hates it when I don't let her edit shots of herself). Tri-X 320 in the Pressman D with Tominon 105mm and Canon 550EX at 1/8 pwr on bracket. Developed in Agfa Rodinal 1:50

Random

Posted Image

About two weeks ago we went up to the Island that I went to highschool on (see: "Where I Live(ed)) to check out an old farm that we might want to get married at. The first thing that I saw when I got out of the car was a big ass barn and when I started walking over to it a bunch of goats started walking out of it :) The place just got better from there and yesterday we decided that its definitely the place we want, set the date for September 1st and sent them a check. Fuji Neopan 400 (Legacy Pro 400) shot in Olympus XA, developed in D76.

Skate

Posted Image

When I hurt my ankle back in 2003 it took me about six months to get back to walking normally, and about nine to the point where I could get back on my board. The combination of my moving away from all the people that I skated with together with my inability to really skate anymore took a big toll on my connections with those people and with skating in general. Not until recently when I rediscovered the website that had once been a major part of my life did I decide to reinvest in those relationships and in skateboarding in general. I'd like to say that I was able to get together with those guys and shoot, but fall in the Northwest isn't that convenient and the combination of adults with work schedules in different cities made it pretty much impossible. So, here is a self shot. Monty Berns aka Mrberns doing a casper flip, the first flip trick I ever learned (and about the only one I can still land consistently). Long exposure on TXP 320 in Pressman D with Tominon 105mm. Canon 550EX right high and Vivitar DF400MZ left low both at half power triggered by hand. Developed in Rodinal 1:50.

#29 kwai4749

kwai4749
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:33 AM

Good Job Thank For All!