Photo

Do You Like The Berrics?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#61 The High Life

The High Life
  • Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:03 AM

That's the plan; to make himself look great. He can look like a significant role model in skateboarding to the public, little kids who buy his boards, or any of his fans because its his site and he runs it. In reality he's a dick to people that try to help him and freaks out at all the people helping run his website. He wants to make himself look like the emperor of skateboarding but it often shows his crazy side of him without him realizing it. He's a hollywood actor/director/producer whatever you want to call him nowadays not a skateboarder.

Agreed.
Personality v2.0

www . The - High - Life . com | Facebook | Legit: KyranFord

NOTE: 'The High Life' IS A FICTIONAL ONLINE CHARACTER AT THE SKATEPERCEPTION.COM FORUMS. THAT MEANS ALL POSTS MADE BY THE CREATORS ARE STRICTLY FICTITIOUS IN NATURE, AND USED SOLELY AS PERSONALITY EXPERIMENTS FOR THEIR OWN AMUSEMENT AND REFINEMENT. ANY RESEMBLANCES TO REAL LIFE ARE PURELY COINCIDENTAL. We also tend to edit our posts 2-3 times within about 5 minutes after posting them.. Just a heads up.

#62 mikeydawes

mikeydawes

Instagram - ohiomikey

• Die Hard
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:19 PM

I like the Berrics because it's sole purpose is committed to the progression of skateboarding. Not only that, but they're always updating their website with new material and videos which is really rad. Aside from the Berrics the only other websites I really go on are Crailtap, Street Canoe, and here (of course). I definitely don't check the site everyday because I don't have as much time on my hands as I did back when I was 16, but I still go on there from time to time to see who has the new 'Battle Comander' or 'United Nations'.

Legit list in profile.
YouTube

vx-medal-gold-1.png x1

logo.png @ohiomikey

#63 Solo

Solo

skateboarding

• Die Hard
  • 2,846 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:22 PM

daewon text yoself was cool as fuck
+++ | blip.
++ | Youtube
+ | Legitimate users

go to my blog.

#64 Spracky

Spracky

Rōnin

• Die Hard
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:38 AM

I recall the hype of watching videos when I was younger and just being excited to go out and progress. I imagine kids just getting into skating feel the same way about berrics content. Skateboarding media evolved with the rest of new media when everything went online and the berrics rode that wave in. From the outside their strategy looks well put together. An insider of the skate industry built up a website/skatepark for daily content that brought the pros to his park and the audience to his site. It got popular and the berrics suddenly dictated what was hot for skating and controlled the channels through which the audience perceived the industry. That's a lot of power to have. All of that aside, I just don't like the berrics or Berra. Their content doesn't appeal to me... maybe it's because skateboarding isn't new to me and I don't care what the pros are doing on a daily basis. Steve Berra could be the most motivated and hardworking guy but at the end of the day I just know better. It's an industry and when money is involved everything changes. Case and point: berra vs n-sb. He'll always be a kook, berrics or not.
Posted Image

third world means it has like an average earned of less then like 12,000 a year

#65 Tim Cisilino

Tim Cisilino
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:12 AM

Skate video on DVD > new content everyday on the internet
Posted Image
Posted Image- X18
Posted Image- X17
Posted Image- X10

Vimeo
Flickr

#66 inickam

inickam
  • Established Member
  • 798 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

w

I miss the days of getting super hyped on video releases and VHS mixtapes and sitting at the shop all day watching videos. <_<
<3

#67 BarneyStinson

BarneyStinson

Swarls Barkley

• Die Hard
  • 3,560 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

It has all gone downhill since DC got involved

Agree.

his girl parts

<_<

It's like one of those TV shows that is really legitimately good...then it realizes how good it is and starts trying way too hard and refuses to just call it quits and drags on way too long

A bit like that sentence, but yeah pretty much, Dexter is starting to do this with that religion bullshit.

Berra is a scientologist and skated flat bars in his professional MindField part.

/proof

Yep.

Don't like the berrics much.

“ My life is dope and I do dope

shit.

- Kanye West

I was digi compact only when atiba's yellow hasselblad was still a novelty.

#68 craigers459

craigers459
  • Established Member
  • 649 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:44 PM

T2i-ISM

Youtube

#69 DesertRat

DesertRat

Love is stupid, build racecars instead.

• Established Member
  • 645 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:06 AM

i stopped following after they stopped doing buttery ass mondays.

I think it's cool, I like watching good skaters doing crazy tricks, I don't really care if it's a skatepark or not
skate or diet

Get over yourself man. Message boards are a norm to society now. I have no issues with showing everyone at school as well as in public, that i am liked and well-respected on an extremely popular forum. Sorry, you're jealous or whatever, but there is nothing pre-pubescent about supporting a good cause. You didn't hear this from me, but I also heard Steve Laclare's girlfriend is really high maintaince and expects him to buy her all kinds of sh*t. Help the guy out a lil bit....

#70 Rob M.

Rob M.

i am jay z

• Die Hard
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:41 AM

daewon text yoself was cool as fuck

i didnt even know he could skate hubbas and handrails
YouTube
Vimeo
Flickr

hey guys. i just got a mk1 for Toms shoes my vx1. the vig is kinda off, it only shows on the upper left corner. any Toms canvas shoes idea how to make it more even?

#71 tylar-tang

tylar-tang

fearless

• Die Hard
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:30 PM

no.

or at least my thoughts have deeply changed for that website within the past year or so.but the berrics helped bring me back into skateboarding a couple years back

i think once i just realized how much of a kook berra really is and how almost everything about the website/park(s) changed for the worse(in my eyes)
the forum is so advanced nowadays, weve got utube vids and liking, plus no modz. really a great age 2 b alive.

http://www.flickr.co...s/73820489@N07/

#72 Tim Cisilino

Tim Cisilino
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:36 PM

Double Rock> The Berrics
Posted Image
Posted Image- X18
Posted Image- X17
Posted Image- X10

Vimeo
Flickr

#73 SK805

SK805
  • Established Member
  • 739 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

Double Rock> The Berrics

Watching Double Rock Footage (If They Got Over Black and White) > The Berrics

#74 Cousin It.

Cousin It.
  • Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

used to be cool til they had Battle at the Berrics 7
THANK YOU BATE

#75 Cousin It.

Cousin It.
  • Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:06 PM

Double Rock/Thrasher > Da Bewickz
THANK YOU BATE

#76 Daniel Kusnir

Daniel Kusnir

Who?

• Die Hard
  • 2,876 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

I'd rather watch raw street footage than the berrics. Some crazy shit goes down there, but it would be a lot sicker for them to do it at a street spot. It's so much easier to skate when the ground is perfect and ledges slide perfectly, but with street spots there's always something that makes it harder and better looking in my eyes.
Posted Image 5
Posted Image 45
Posted Image 203

Legit
DrewK, joey9, Condoo, Smg1293, Its rob, kickflipkid, ConnorO'Day, naturalTheater, Sulldotrat, Arnel D., flocente5, TonyHawk, sebass, NYClurker, Jmaciel, Doot, dertbag, Moosy, Kameron, MurderCapital, KyranFord, Altamont1410, dennisfilmer, Burton, planb100, Riley, Frank., corben775, allybobbaisfresh, desiresk8, LeVon James, Math., broozman, skatevirginia, RyanHoj, Solo, tristancm jessemiller, hubbadood, dylancambio, filmthe717, colemillerrr
Unlegit
GoldenFilms

#77 Newmanhiemer

Newmanhiemer
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

Grant Yansura's videos are the best thing on the internet but besides that i starting hating on them because they switched to HD for the most part
Posted Image[post="http://blip.tv/file/...ent203902.m4v"]Assignment 203[/post]

#78 Solo

Solo

skateboarding

• Die Hard
  • 2,846 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:27 PM

Double Rock> The Berrics

+++ | blip.
++ | Youtube
+ | Legitimate users

go to my blog.

#79 Kyle Schlapik

Kyle Schlapik
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

The only times I ever go on the berrics anymore, is when they rarely put on a weekendtage video, and sometimes off the grids. Basically, Grant Yansura is the best thing that happened to the berrics.
Canon 60d and dvx100a setup
CLICK ME BEYOTCH!!!!
YouTube Channels: Films911
Flickr: Films911
Instagram: @kyle_Schlapik

#80 Phalen

Phalen

fay-len

• Die Hard
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

I'd rather watch raw street footage than the berrics. Some crazy shit goes down there, but it would be a lot sicker for them to do it at a street spot. It's so much easier to skate when the ground is perfect and ledges slide perfectly, but with street spots there's always something that makes it harder and better looking in my eyes.

shut the fuck up
youtube.

youre right im a fucking moron