Photo

Icon Snowskates | Something To Be Said

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Plays

Matt Plays
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:20 AM

I don't post on here too much, mostly hang in the background and use it as a reference - but for now I've got something cool to share. I'm sure you guys have ideas about snowskating, some of them good and some of them bad, but give this video a shot and see what it does for you.

I own a company called Icon Snowskates and we're out to show that snowskating's a solid way to skate outside when the weather's rough. I think you'll agree that it's about as close as it gets.

Vimeo
Video on iconsnowskates.com
YouTube

#2 kid

kid

walking like zombies and speaking latin

• Die Hard
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:04 AM

i snowskate in my backyard all the time. super fun. i'll watch later, i have class.
Flickr

On a lighter note I did run into a friend there who was simultaneously buying Plan B and a Valentines card.

#3 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:50 AM

I own a company called Icon Snowskates

so... what does your snowskate company sell? skateboards? cause i don't get where you'd need a separate "snowskate" company for this "sport"...

i also don't get this goofy desire to create new sports all the time.

#4 kutnink311

kutnink311
  • Established Member
  • 546 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:45 AM

I thought that was pretty rad. I have never snowskated so I can't say that I like it or dislike it, but a couple of my friends snowskate. The filming was great and I liked the way it was edited as well. I think snowskating will be progressing a lot in the coming years and it will get more popular. I only saw the first like 6 minutes cause I'm in class so I'll watch the rest later but I enjoyed it.

#5 caseyshaw

caseyshaw
  • Die Hard
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

that was awesome.

#6 JackoABCDEFG

JackoABCDEFG

what the FUCK

• Die Hard
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

you guys went to northampton skatepark?! i live like 20 minutes from there that's insane. you guys kill it. this is awesome. where are you guys from?+

so... what does your snowskate company sell? skateboards? cause i don't get where you'd need a separate "snowskate" company for this "sport"...

k dad.. how could you possibly be hating on this

Instagram:@jackemmit
youtube
vx1mk1

15mo4ll.png- x1

vx-medal-bronze-1.png- x1

i will fight anybody to the death who challenges my opinion of cell phone. i will literally follow steve jobs into the depths of hell to defend his product line.

unlegit, not legit, & for that they must quit:
nickoshie
Alex Hancak

#7 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:26 PM

k dad.. how could you possibly be hating on this

read what i said and answer your own question, son

#8 inickam

inickam
  • Established Member
  • 798 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:58 PM

Last time I checked having fun is for faggots
<3

#9 Matt Plays

Matt Plays
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

We handmake these snowskates in our shop in Uxbridge, Massachusetts. We use solely domestic materials, but our company ships worldwide.

Head on over to the website, take a look at the products if you wish.

Riddle me this, was it a goofy desire for surfers to bring things to concrete? Stay positive, homie.

#10 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

Riddle me this, was it a goofy desire for surfers to bring things to concrete?

ummm, yeah. it most definitely was.

there's no skates, you aren't making snowskates, you're making smaller snowboards. skateboard = skates on a board. snowboards = boards for snow. snowskates = ??confusion??

want my crabby, old man viewpoint on this? "in my day, kids weren't so faggy"

stay positive

#11 Seasick

Seasick

Shipwrecked.

• Die Hard
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:56 PM

ummm, yeah. it most definitely was.

there's no skates, you aren't making snowskates, you're making smaller snowboards. skateboard = skates on a board. snowboards = boards for snow. snowskates = ??confusion??

want my crabby, old man viewpoint on this? "in my day, kids weren't so faggy"

stay positive

Jesus christ man I realize you're an admin now so you'll probably ban me for this, but you're so god damn negative. Snowskating is a fun sport and I don't see the confusion. It seems like you just want to bust on other peoples styles and opinions.

Anyway, to Matt, your footage is dope dude, but ambitions are better ;)

#12 DouglasH

DouglasH

"Your boobs are big that is hot toooooo"

• Die Hard
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

We handmake these snowskates in our shop in Uxbridge, Massachusetts. We use solely domestic materials, but our company ships worldwide.

Head on over to the website, take a look at the products if you wish.

Riddle me this, was it a goofy desire for surfers to bring things to concrete? Stay positive, homie.

Really... $150 for a short chode-looking skateboard? this shit is gay, maybe if i was 13 it would be kind of cool but you all look silly. and how can you compare the transition from surfing to skating to this bullshit? Skateboarding added a key component to the surf aspect, wheels. You took away what separates the two, and ultimately, just have a retarded looking snowboard and a bunch of herbs flopping around on them
"kevinhorn: douglasH i hope you know i was thinkin of you when i was losin it"

ofgkewta

#13 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

Jesus christ man I realize you're an admin now so you'll probably ban me for this, but you're so god damn negative. Snowskating is a fun sport and I don't see the confusion. It seems like you just want to bust on other peoples styles and opinions.

i don't ban people for having different opinions. yeah, it's probably fun or whatever. the appeal, to me at least, would be that you just take your trucks off your skateboard and use that in the snow for fun when you can't skate. but once you buy all new gear for it and find yourself spending a couple hundred dollars on "snowskate" shit, that's where it turns into goofy shit to me. i didn't ask you to agree with me. it's a discussion forum. i'm discussing. where did i "bust" on anyone's style? quit being a crybaby because i think something is dumb.

there's an old saying (with a lot of variations): if it looks like shit and smells like shit...

#14 Stefan C.

Stefan C.

imposter.

• Die Hard
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

there's an old saying (with a lot of variations): if it looks like shit and smells like shit...

"...then you fucked the wrong hole, homie!"

#15 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:24 PM

"...then you fucked the wrong hole, homie!"

exactly!

what i'm trying to say is... snowskates are like accidental anal

#16 Hablu

Hablu
  • Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:26 PM

ya bro a skate deck would totally work as well as a snowskate

sick video

#17 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:38 PM

ya bro a skate deck would totally work as well as a snowskate

ya bro a snowskate would totally work as well as a snowboard

#18 Hablu

Hablu
  • Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

CHECK MY KICKFLIP ON MY SNOWBOARD!!!

The point of a snowskate is to do skate tricks in the snow you jackass.

#19 kutnink311

kutnink311
  • Established Member
  • 546 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

Really... $150 for a short chode-looking skateboard?

Obviously people are buying them... So why not charge that?

edit: also what was this filmed on?

#20 JackoABCDEFG

JackoABCDEFG

what the FUCK

• Die Hard
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

i don't ban people for having different opinions. yeah, it's probably fun or whatever. the appeal, to me at least, would be that you just take your trucks off your skateboard and use that in the snow for fun when you can't skate. but once you buy all new gear for it and find yourself spending a couple hundred dollars on "snowskate" shit, that's where it turns into goofy shit to me. i didn't ask you to agree with me. it's a discussion forum. i'm discussing. where did i "bust" on anyone's style? quit being a crybaby because i think something is dumb.

and what do you do when it snows a few feet every winter where you live? its a fun way a skating in the snow. i don't even do it but it looks fun as fuck. these boards look like they last a while, atleast 2 winters. the longest a skate deck lasts for me is a month tops, usually shorter. money adds up. $150 for a snowskate is well worth it from that aspect.

Instagram:@jackemmit
youtube
vx1mk1

15mo4ll.png- x1

vx-medal-bronze-1.png- x1

i will fight anybody to the death who challenges my opinion of cell phone. i will literally follow steve jobs into the depths of hell to defend his product line.

unlegit, not legit, & for that they must quit:
nickoshie
Alex Hancak