Photo

Iphone Photography

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 colinps

colinps
  • Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:38 PM

Was wondering if anyone does this? My Multimedia teacher introduced us to Iphone photography "Iphoneography" recently. You take a photo with your Iphone manipulate it in some of these apps, and there share it on apps like Instagram. Thought everyone who use's Instagram might find this interesting and helpful. It's really amazing what you can do with your phone at this point. Aside from the beautiful pictures you can take on just your phone. There are many different editing apps you can use to manipulate and color correct. These apps have a lot of amazing capabilities, just like photoshop. It's like having Photoshop in your pocket. He showed us a picture of three askew photos of a city and used a tool simillar to auto stitch in Photoshop and the end result was amazing. Literally the same result as photoshop. Some of the apps.....

Photogene

Snapseed

Photostudio

The list goes on.
Colin

LEGIT:
iflimtha215- local
sethschiavo-local
EG4president- local
nickgoesr0aor - sold me raymod
MAtt Militano-local

#2 Sideonecincy

Sideonecincy

The 513

• 3,481 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

It's like having Photoshop in your pocket.

No its really not. Image editing on an iPhone is nothing compared to what can actually be done in Photoshop.

If your multimedia teacher is relying this much on "post production", he prolly shouldn't be teaching the class. I'm sure if you ask your teacher, he will probably tell you that he no longer uses a desktop or laptop because his iPhone is a super computer.
My (relation) has a new (tech item), and it's always (choose one: freezing, crashing, under performing). On the other hand, my (other tech item) is much better and it's totally better than (tech item), it even has (feature/app) that doesn't come on (tech item), and it was doing that (time period) ago. I pity those fools who use (tech item).

#3 colinps

colinps
  • Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

No its really not. Image editing on an iPhone is nothing compared to what can actually be done in Photoshop.

If your multimedia teacher is relying this much on "post production", he prolly shouldn't be teaching the class. I'm sure if you ask your teacher, he will probably tell you that he no longer uses a desktop or laptop because his iPhone is a super computer.

No not at all i never said it was an alternative anywhere. He is not relying on it for post production. this is simply for fun, taking photos on an iphone and then editing them to share on social media sites such as Instagram. This is not for actual productions, just for fun. I probably should have mentioned that in the beginning. I never said it was better alternative to Photoshop anywhere. Look at the Motorola Razor which was a very popular phone and what was "new Technology at the time." Phones have come a long way and IMO, it is in fact amazing what phones are capable of.

My teacher and school are the best in the state of PA. Also recognized nationally so no, my teacher should definitely be teaching my class.

http://www.youtube.c...mp;feature=plcp

here you go, this is what we do here. :ph34r:
Colin

LEGIT:
iflimtha215- local
sethschiavo-local
EG4president- local
MAtt Militano-local

#4 Sideonecincy

Sideonecincy

The 513

• 3,481 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:13 PM

I don't really give a fuck about your details. I am just saying that image editing on an iPhone isnt like having photoshop in your pocket.
My (relation) has a new (tech item), and it's always (choose one: freezing, crashing, under performing). On the other hand, my (other tech item) is much better and it's totally better than (tech item), it even has (feature/app) that doesn't come on (tech item), and it was doing that (time period) ago. I pity those fools who use (tech item).

#5 cnlax19

cnlax19
  • Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

I don't really give a fuck about your details. I am just saying that image editing on an iPhone isnt like having photoshop in your pocket.

How can you give an opinion with only that short paragraph of information? If you dont know all of the details of anything then your opinion can be skewed.

need filming board, filming wheels, filming trucks, filming bearings, filming shoes, filming pants & shirt (wind resistance duh?), and the filming hat to keep sun out of your eyes. come on man you didn't know that?

DVX100a

#6 colinps

colinps
  • Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

ok so your post was pointless this was to help people not for you to be an asshole for no reason. Try downloading the apps and see what you can do. It is in fact like Photoshop.
Colin

LEGIT:
iflimtha215- local
sethschiavo-local
EG4president- local
MAtt Militano-local

#7 Brendan Ruch

Brendan Ruch
  • Established Member
  • 676 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

Damn there's some hate going on here.... Our teacher showed us for fun so no need to bash something Colin thinks is cool just because you didn't agree with one line in his post.
LEGIT:
amwkevin, Colinps, James B (friends)
Andrew Hentzen:traded vx1mk1 for my 60d gripped.
Scottolds: bought rear lens cap for mk1
spinz5: sold Tokina 10-17
spiker369: sold Tamron 17-50 VC
brandonnicholson: sold eazy handle
Jar3dk: sold mk1
TuneBomb: Sold vx1000

"Hey I really like your style, could I take a photo?" "You're super hot and I want to hump your face. Can I take your picture? With your clothes on of course... for now."

#8 Taylor r

Taylor r

DANSE

• Die Hard
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

I spent 20 minutes in the darkroom today looking for the clone stamp tool

Tumblr

Facebook

What, you don't like Smash Mouth?

#9 Sideonecincy

Sideonecincy

The 513

• 3,481 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

The information he provided is that the iPhone can take photos. You can take those photos and use apps to perform image editing to post to the web...Ground breaking.

If he is focusing on teaching iPhone apps during a course, then it is waisting your time. You could spend a full year alone on the adobe suite or final cut suit.

#10 Brendan Ruch

Brendan Ruch
  • Established Member
  • 676 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:27 PM

The information he provided is that the iPhone can take photos. You can take those photos and use apps to perform image editing to post to the web.

Ground breaking.

I really don't know what you are trying to prove here. Sorry he didn't make a thread about a stylus epic or a hassy

If he is focusing on teaching iPhone apps during a course, then it is waisting your time. You could spend a full year alone on the adobe suite or final cut suit.

Edit: It's a three year highschool progra
And we spend 2 of the 3 years in FCP, Photoshop, ProTools, and AE. Get over yourself
LEGIT:

"Hey I really like your style, could I take a photo?" "You're super hot and I want to hump your face. Can I take your picture? With your clothes on of course... for now."

#11 colinps

colinps
  • Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:31 PM

The information he provided is that the iPhone can take photos. You can take those photos and use apps to perform image editing to post to the web.

Ground breaking.

Holy shit, I made this to start a good conversation and to see if anyone was into this.Thought people would find it cool. Now your just looking for reasons to be an asshole because we made you look dumb. Your opinion is welcome, i get that, and we now know it. Thus you posting in here anymore is pointless.

i said he showed us not taught us. In the begging of class before it started for like 20 minutes. I never said it was in the curriculum.
Colin

LEGIT:
iflimtha215- local
sethschiavo-local
EG4president- local
MAtt Militano-local

#12 jason808

jason808
  • Die Hard
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:33 PM

I really don't know what you are trying to prove here. Sorry he didn't make a thread about a stylus epic or a hassy

LOL

:ph34r:

HPX170 & GH2 For sale, Hmu!

#13 nickvespe

nickvespe

dour pour too sweet to be sour

• Die Hard
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

photography.

film. digital.

digital.
~cellphones~iphones

taking a photo, the information it saves, how it is exposed and everything about the image makes it unique to an iphone or any other camera
iphongraphy
its just a way of taking pictures. and editing these pictures on an iphone and with an iphone, using images taken with an iphone, make it this.
end of fucking story.
Its great to do it all if it's just the style of taking pictures you want to perform.

analog - darkroom
thats a style

digital - photoshop/lightroom
thats a style

iphonography is just another branch of photography, which we love, which why we are in this section, arguing about it, get over it.

comp is way too tight.

Ya I know, My battery was about to die so I didn't set my ISO.

CARGO
flickr
INSTA

#14 Taylor r

Taylor r

DANSE

• Die Hard
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:37 PM

Links 2 tumblr's plzzzzz?

Tumblr

Facebook

What, you don't like Smash Mouth?

#15 colinps

colinps
  • Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

Links 2 tumblr's plzzzzz?

I don't have a Tumblr but my Instagram is

Colinslota
Colin

LEGIT:
iflimtha215- local
sethschiavo-local
EG4president- local
MAtt Militano-local

#16 sos

sos
  • Supermod
  • 9,055 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:16 PM

I don't have a Tumblr but my Instagram is Colinslota

these both killed me

it's a new generation!

#17 Smg1293

Smg1293

More Gear Than Talent

• Die Hard
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:27 AM

. Literally the same result as photoshop.

I am not sure if you are fully aware what the word literally means?

but thanks for letting us know that you can take photos and edit them on an iphone. If it wasnt for you and your top shelf school with cool youtube videos, i would have been completely in the dark.

#18 dick fitzwell

dick fitzwell

droppin shit like some horses

• 7,446 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:27 AM

just popped in to visit. think i'll stay in post production
BRIGHTON & HOVE SKATEBOARDING YOUTUBE CHANNEL WET SUSSEX INTERVIEW AND INFO

follow the path forums.skateperception.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=89278&view=findpost&p=1364996

I don't really wear tight pants anymore, I stick to loose fit Express Jeans.

#19 Brendan Ruch

Brendan Ruch
  • Established Member
  • 676 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:15 AM

I am not sure if you are fully aware what the word literally means?
but thanks for letting us know that you can take photos and edit them on an iphone. If it wasnt for you and your top shelf school with cool youtube videos, i would have been completely in the dark.

Where do you live? Maybe Colin and I could pay you a visit so we can show you all of the other cool things we learn at our top shelf school with cool YouTube videos. Maybe you could post something useful

Edit: waiting for you to think I'm serious
LEGIT:

#20 TuneBomb

TuneBomb

WTB CAP CAM n VX BAT

• Supermod
  • 13,381 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:25 PM

I spent 20 minutes in the darkroom today looking for the clone stamp tool

I'm just so fucking glad I opened this thread and read this.

Taylor I'm gonna look for one at the darkroom I'm going to this weekend. I'll let you know!!

that was a common theme
in doug's photography - nw

We should have a 'Censorship and Design' section.

s.jpg