Photo

So I Havent Made A Thread In Years But...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#1 harrisonG

harrisonG

I didn't know hot tamales came in HD

• Die Hard
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

so my youtube name is "expeditionone" and i was just contacted tonight by kayo corporation on youtube, and they want to get the name from me, this is their exact message

"Expeditionone
Hello,

This is Matt from the Kayo Corp. I noticed you have youtube.com/EXPEDITIONONE registered and we obviously own the brand "Expedition-One". Would there be anything we can do to get this account from you? I don't want to have to pull the trademark and maybe we can just make a trade! Let me know please.

MD"

i responded back saying id easily change or exchange names, however i also inquired about them sending me a deck or something... i mean judging by what they originally wrote me it sounds possible?

there a black kid orpheus in my third grade class with dreads
he got the nickname doodoo locks for a while haha

wes., kuzmadv, 518productions, bgriffing, justskate401, tkdx2, chizzad
all about the benjamins, woww, jvilleskatev1k, skatefla850, curtis., SamS
r-roy, steenblakai, brendonrego, dddrew., himeslimes, kellycartel, neener, jrose152, franciso

onto bigger and better things...

#2 schweems

schweems

Yall Niggas Homeless

• Die Hard
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:27 PM

Tell them to turn you pro and then you will switch.
The Key to Success Is To Not Have The Key.

Everyone is Legit.

vx-medal-silver-1.pngx1

No, actually after watching Nyjah win street league last month I decided it looked fun. Just this week I was able to make a trip up to my local zumiez where I bought the board. It was nice out today so I took my moms camera and had my friend do some wonky varial flips and took a few shots. Decided on this one because it is a complete mystery of weather or not he landed the trick.

#3 harrisonG

harrisonG

• Die Hard
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

nah, the expectations would be too high...

does it sound too farfetched to ask for something? i mean it sounded like they basically offered me some sort of compensation or am i reading it wrong

r-roy, steenblakai, brendonrego, dddrew., himeslimes, kellycartel, neener, jrose152, franciso

#4 DEDASKATE

DEDASKATE
  • Die Hard
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

So they can really do something about you registering a youtube account by the name of expeditionone, its sounds like bullshit to me....I'd get em for all I can... fuck one deck...some clothes...some gold jackets...some dgk t shirts.

#5 iDvx

iDvx
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

just say this exactly.
" i'll just give to you all if you can send me stuff , like a board. or some clothes :D "
T3i - Rokinon <3

Legit:
LurkerLife
FlyingVolcom
LucasRay
Ben Nukic

#6 BulletPimp

BulletPimp

The Woodcutter and the Trees

• Die Hard
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

it doesn't matter if he offered you anything. do you know what he just did?

he just walked into your suburban family home where you and your family of 5 are sitting down to dinner. your youngest daughter, an austistic child, has just had a great week at school and was successfully assimilated into the art program with the general population. your first born son, a strong child with desires of taking his fastball to the big leagues, just received an A- on his classical rhetoric paper... he was proudly showing you when mr. kayo walked in and told you that his corporation intend on building a water bottling plant on your land. they require you to vacate 15 minutes ago. he 'kindly' asks if you can move because he doesn't want to rape your children and kill your dog (pull the 'trademark' card).

and all you ask for is a deck? play harball. if you want to hand negotions over to me i guarantee at least $500k. give me the log-in info and i can make it happen.
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜
♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟

if i won the lottery i would papercut my throat witha hundred and bleed out

♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜

#7 DEDASKATE

DEDASKATE
  • Die Hard
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

Asking for a deck is not enough.... the name could be completely unrelated there could be other references as to what the expedition and one are implying perhaps another company maybe something completely not relevant like a Ford Expedition.... they're trying to punk you out, in fact there is another company with the exact name unrelated to kayo.
I'd tell them all that shit and then make your request for your shitload... perhaps ask what they're willing to offer and take it from there.

Note a wholesale deck, is only worth like 30 dollars or so maybe even less... you have to aim higher... think hundreds of dollars.... do you know how much traffic they expect to be generated at the expense of your youtube channel?

#8 harrisonG

harrisonG

• Die Hard
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:43 PM

i mean i never use the account and im not really a money grubbing person, idk. i just figure for being easy the least theyd do is send me some sort of package for being easy with them. its just a name on youtube, they have 4500 followers, i dont think they are going to fork over a ton of money, they already have a name... "expedition1one" but they want the real one... mine, im sure theyll give a little but im not going to break the camels back

#9 DEDASKATE

DEDASKATE
  • Die Hard
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

I'd at least ask what they're willing to offer, before lowballing it any further....dgk has been racking in the dough lately along with the rest of the kayo corp...asking for something a little more doesn't seem money hungry to me.
You already gave them the upper hand by asking for a deck, thats worth 20$ to them.

tell them to go the fuck mother and to lawyer up asshole...cause you're willing to bring on the heat.

#10 harrisonG

harrisonG

• Die Hard
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

lets see what their response is, and ill try to haggle a bit better depending on what they say

#11 DEDASKATE

DEDASKATE
  • Die Hard
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

I just think they started with the initial intimidation with TM claim, there are other reasons you can state for the name as stated above including other unrelated companies with the same name....I would asked for at least 500$ personally or the equivalent in exclusive product.

#12 harrisonG

harrisonG

• Die Hard
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

i just sent them a second message saying that im still willing to give the name up, but that after thinking about it i think that fair compensation would be at the very least some decks and shirts amongst other product. i dont really want their money, product would be cool, im not trying to be greedy, idk its a youtube account i havent used in years idk why i even read the email

#13 BulletPimp

BulletPimp

The Woodcutter and the Trees

• Die Hard
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

Note a wholesale deck, is only worth like 30 dollars or so maybe even less... you have to aim higher... think hundreds of dollars.... do you know how much traffic they expect to be generated at the expense of your youtube channel?

a decks intrinsic value is $30? fuck. that. shit.

i don't skate anymore but in hindesight i realize how hard we all get fucked paying, what is it now? $50 for a curved plank of wood? op it isn't enough that he bends you over every time you need a new plank? he needs to steal your youtube account.

give me the log-in info... i will use the account to plug rival skate companies until they agree to giving me a 51% stake in the company
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜
♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟

if i won the lottery i would papercut my throat witha hundred and bleed out

♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜

#14 DEDASKATE

DEDASKATE
  • Die Hard
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

They're about 30 when you buy off a whole sale distributor and I think direct from kayo would be even cheaper then you have to think they have to sell em for some profit so I'm guessing they're like actually worth 20.00 before put out to the markets.

#15 harrisonG

harrisonG

• Die Hard
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:03 AM

i dont really skate all to much anymore either, but some new gear would definitely get me back on the right foot. im really not trying to blow this whole thing out of proportion, they havent even messaged me back about it, so it doesnt seem like they are on the edges of their seats holding their breath waiting for my reply. like i said, kayocorp's page has 4500 followers, in the scheme of youtube, thats not that much, now expedition one, as a subdivision of their companies, probably has even less followers making it even less valuable as a subchannel... i could be completely wrong, but like i said, im not trying to blow this into something big, i just want a little compensation, im not trying to be difficult

#16 xchiefx

xchiefx
  • Die Hard
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

ask for a job
Yoot00b
legit:
FishHeads (bought my trv900)
Jayrad (sold me a mk1)
JulianG (bought my vx1000/raymod setup)

vx1/mk1 <3

this is the cool new thing? high faces? it's no wonder this country's economy is doing so poorly.

Jay I feel like sometimes you don't know what words mean.

All hail, XCHIEFX!

#17 harrisonG

harrisonG

• Die Hard
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

ask for a job

now thats a dope idea. no joke.

#18 SK805

SK805
  • Established Member
  • 742 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

it doesn't matter if he offered you anything. do you know what he just did?

he just walked into your suburban family home where you and your family of 5 are sitting down to dinner. your youngest daughter, an austistic child, has just had a great week at school and was successfully assimilated into the art program with the general population. your first born son, a strong child with desires of taking his fastball to the big leagues, just received an A- on his classical rhetoric paper... he was proudly showing you when mr. kayo walked in and told you that his corporation intend on building a water bottling plant on your land. they require you to vacate 15 minutes ago. he 'kindly' asks if you can move because he doesn't want to rape your children and kill your dog (pull the 'trademark' card).

and all you ask for is a deck? play harball. if you want to hand negotions over to me i guarantee at least $500k. give me the log-in info and i can make it happen.

post of the year

#19 RobSteez

RobSteez
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:00 AM

Those kayo gooks are making it sound like you have the same registered company name in the same town as them. They cant do shit and if they want it bad enough they could offer you a good trade. I remeber hearing awhile back some kid had a domain name of some rockstar in a band i forgot who, but he paid like 18,000$ for the web address , you could do something similar lawlz

#20 ScottasonicDVX

ScottasonicDVX
  • Established Member
  • 603 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:49 AM

Or you could choose to not be selfish about the situation. In all probability you chose that name because you like the company, so why not just help them out? No need to get greedy.
Posted Image
R.I.P.-J.W.B.