Photo

Os X Mountain Lion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#21 ICame

ICame
  • Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

I welcome iMessage on the desktop, they're bridging the gap and unifying the messaging experice to a hybrid instant messaging/SMS model and it's awesome IMO.

STEVE YOU A FUCKING BITCH ASS WHITE BOI

#22 Stolen

Stolen
  • Die Hard
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

Reminds me of Trillian.

Which came out in 2000.

You all laugh at me because I'm different...I laugh because you're all the same

hahaha somebody always asks you where you got your avatar from in every topic i see you post in. pretty sure everyone stares for a few moments before posting a reply or going onto the next thread. :goldenwub:

yeah i always get siked when he post something because i get to watch his avatar haha :lol:

stolen you have like the best avatar ever. haha

#23 TuneBomb

TuneBomb

WTB CAP CAM n VX BAT

• Supermod
  • 13,293 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

Reminds me of Trillian.

Which came out in 2000.

You could talk to people on phones in Trillian from your computer?

iChat has been a multiprotocol chat/video client for a few years now. This is bridging SMS and IM. Being able to type messages to phones when you are at a computer is great, you don't have to use the tiny keyboard on the phone, even if you have your phone with you.

that was a common theme
in doug's photography - nw

We should have a 'Censorship and Design' section.

s.jpg

#24 Tim Cisilino

Tim Cisilino
  • 5,035 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

iMessage is great. With that being said, I'm not a fan of Lion or Snow Lion. The OS is slowly turning into iOS. iOS on the iPhone is amazing. I don't want my computer turning into a giant iPhone. I've got Lion on my Macbook Pro while I still have Snow Leopard on my Mac Pro. There are a few neat things in Lion but not enough for me to switch from Lion on my main computer yet. I love everything Apple and am a huge Apple nerd but I'm not a fan of where they're going with their software. Turning an OS to look more like a phone and changing pro applications into more consumer applications(FCPX) is just a bad idea to me.
Posted Image
Posted Image- X18
Posted Image- X17
Posted Image- X10

Vimeo
Flickr

#25 Sideonecincy

Sideonecincy

The 513

• 3,481 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

iMessage is great. With that being said, I'm not a fan of Lion or Snow Lion. The OS is slowly turning into iOS. iOS on the iPhone is amazing. I don't want my computer turning into a giant iPhone. I've got Lion on my Macbook Pro while I still have Snow Leopard on my Mac Pro. There are a few neat things in Lion but not enough for me to switch from Lion on my main computer yet. I love everything Apple and am a huge Apple nerd but I'm not a fan of where they're going with their software. Turning an OS to look more like a phone and changing pro applications into more consumer applications(FCPX) is just a bad idea to me.

Exactly the outlook I have.

If this continues down the road it is on, looks like I'll go to either Linux or back to Windows.
My (relation) has a new (tech item), and it's always (choose one: freezing, crashing, under performing). On the other hand, my (other tech item) is much better and it's totally better than (tech item), it even has (feature/app) that doesn't come on (tech item), and it was doing that (time period) ago. I pity those fools who use (tech item).

#26 DEDASKATE

DEDASKATE
  • Die Hard
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

Yall are overreacting....but feel free to give Linux and Windows another shot.

#27 Stolen

Stolen
  • Die Hard
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:28 PM

PRETTY sure I've been using my phone to chat for a long, long, long time now.

And like I said when iOS 4 came out...Apple is gonna try and make OS = iOS.

Backwards.

You all laugh at me because I'm different...I laugh because you're all the same

hahaha somebody always asks you where you got your avatar from in every topic i see you post in. pretty sure everyone stares for a few moments before posting a reply or going onto the next thread. :goldenwub:

yeah i always get siked when he post something because i get to watch his avatar haha :lol:

stolen you have like the best avatar ever. haha