Photo

Os X Mountain Lion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 tanuki

tanuki
  • Established Member
  • 651 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

http://techcrunch.co...-mountain-lion/

thoughts? just seems like a bunch of things i'll never use.
You think I'm repetitive? You're ad hominems are a bore.
-The High Life.

Tan Tan Tanuki no kintama wa,
Kaze mo nai no ni,
Bura bura

#2 dddrew.

dddrew.
  • Die Hard
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

its not a big update.
people will try to make it sound like a big update (like you posting this right now)
pc fanboys will laugh at it because apple fanboys make it sound like a big update when it isn't
apple looks stupid again

it's basically just makes iCloud better and more user-friendly along with a bunch of iOS mixed into the OS...
either way ill still update it and maybe use some of the features eventually. plus it'll probably be less than $30 compared to $300 windows updates.
legitness
Kerisonking, Sparereel, SamS, HarrisonG, Hocusbogus, dylan h., Lorhin, Jacob078, CSCproductions101, .andreas
Escapistwhat, ampAlex, Brydon, lw33zy15, LukeS., BennetNick., dudeletsgoskate, jneedz, hypnotize, Tanner!, Its rob

camera history
FX1 > DVX100Bmk2 > VX1Kmk1 > VX2100mk1 > DVX100B > VX2100mk1 > empty bag
NOW SEARCHING FOR A DSLR

#3 tanuki

tanuki
  • Established Member
  • 651 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

people will try to make it sound like a big update (like you posting this right now)

lolwut
You think I'm repetitive? You're ad hominems are a bore.
-The High Life.

Tan Tan Tanuki no kintama wa,
Kaze mo nai no ni,
Bura bura

#4 SteveLaClair

SteveLaClair

gravatar gets to pick my avatars

• Admin
  • 15,663 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

I welcome iMessage on the desktop, they're bridging the gap and unifying the messaging experice to a hybrid instant messaging/SMS model and it's awesome IMO.
RIP Derek Gertz

show us the way of the gay

i assume you think you're funny..? go play in traffic before i embarrass you..

#5 JordanWiens

JordanWiens

• Die Hard
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

no word on how it makes the computer faster though eh, that's all i'm worried about, but these new icloud features are pretty cool too. notes and reminders will be helpful for sure haha. heres what an email from apple said.

Apple today released a developer preview of OS X Mountain Lion — the ninth major release of the world’s most advanced operating system — which brings popular apps and features from iPad to the Mac and accelerates the pace of OS X innovation. Mountain Lion introduces Messages, Notes, Reminders, and Game Center to the Mac, as well as Notification Center, Share Sheets, Twitter integration, and AirPlay Mirroring. The preview release of Mountain Lion is available to Mac Developer Program members starting today. Mac users will be able to upgrade to Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store in late summer 2012.
www.wardenjeans.tumblr.com/
--------------------
Posted Image - x6
Posted Image - x2
Posted Image - x1
Posted Image - x1

youtube
vimeo.
flickr
instagram

#6 Dr. Doak

Dr. Doak
  • 7,496 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:32 AM

Most all Linux distros are still free.

#7 BarneyStinson

BarneyStinson

Swarls Barkley

• Die Hard
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

the ninth major release of the world’s most advanced operating system

Well gee, flatter yourselves.

“ I like some of the Gaga songs,

what the fuck does she know

about cameras?

- Kanye West

website

#8 7 d

7 d

str8 killin' 'em since '98

• Die Hard
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

I didn't upgrade to Lion and I don't plan on upgrading to Mountain Lion. It's like they're trying to change my "pro" machine into a consumer product that's only good for checking your Twitter with. I personally hate iOS, so integrating all that shit seems like a stupid idea.

"For the longest time, you just sound like a broken record, but you have to be consistent when teaching kids."

-Heidi Klum

#9 TuneBomb

TuneBomb

WTB CAP CAM n VX BAT

• Supermod
  • 13,420 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

I didn't upgrade to Lion and I don't plan on upgrading to Mountain Lion. It's like they're trying to change my "pro" machine into a consumer product that's only good for checking your Twitter with. I personally hate iOS, so integrating all that shit seems like a stupid idea.

boy you're missing out. lion is fucking fantastic. tons of things to make doing work easier, and i don't mean launch command and shit pad and dashfuck

Snow Lion looks like it's gonna be cool, really the iCloud stuff is all I really care about mostly for documents, and Messages, which I already installed the beta for.

Plus what Steve said.

that was a common theme
in doug's photography - nw

We should have a 'Censorship and Design' section.

s.jpg

#10 JordanWiens

JordanWiens

• Die Hard
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

yeah i agree to a point, i wish, like in windows, there was a setting to dumb down the graphics and features to speed up the system
www.wardenjeans.tumblr.com/
--------------------
Posted Image - x6
Posted Image - x2
Posted Image - x1
Posted Image - x1

youtube
vimeo.
flickr
instagram

#11 badass

badass
  • Die Hard
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

The progression of cat names is becoming more and more funny to me as it continues.
"Hey we're Apple and each iteration of our operating system is its own breed."
Legit Business Men: AlexStenberg, Charliewaffles, DitchAllDay, escapistwhat, filmchit, HarrysonT, Ieatgoose, itsryan, JordanMcMahon, pm.jaa, skate___board, sk8ordontordie, SteveLaClair

#12 loganrigby

loganrigby

:)

• Die Hard
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

The progression of cat names is becoming more and more funny to me as it continues.

Dude I know. It's funny trying to imagine the conference they had when they began/continue with the theme. Can't take it serious.

Wish there was more comp.

just got my 550d and love itttt the depth of field is amazing.

Kinda grainy. Make your shutter speed lower.

Ya I know, My battery was about to die so I didn't set my ISO.

Flickr

#13 TuneBomb

TuneBomb

WTB CAP CAM n VX BAT

• Supermod
  • 13,420 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

"Hey we're Apple and each iteration of our operating system is its own breed."

Dude I know. It's funny trying to imagine the conference they had when they began/continue with the theme. Can't take it serious.

Totally, all that's left is that piss stinking Ocelot.

This is also why I have been calling Mountain Lion: "Snow Lion"

that was a common theme

s.jpg

#14 Dr. Doak

Dr. Doak
  • 7,496 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

Apple's newest operating system, coming out in 2013

Posted Image

pizza cat

#15 TuneBomb

TuneBomb

WTB CAP CAM n VX BAT

• Supermod
  • 13,420 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

pizza cat

i've been spamming that picture all week. So glad to see it turn up in this thread.

that was a common theme

s.jpg

#16 Cyclops

Cyclops

substation II

• Die Hard
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

i think the notification center would be cool, and have those little notifications at the top like you do on ios

Like real talk, a slim fit tall tee, and sagged pants, make me feel RIGHT. It don't really make sense. Idk why it feels so complete.

#17 Kraepelin

Kraepelin

Force Majeure

• 11,079 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

Totally, all that's left is that piss stinking Ocelot.

This is also why I have been calling Mountain Lion: "Snow Lion"

Apple is actually funding a big project dealing with genetically engineering new cat species, even though the organisations earlier experiments with cancer resistant billionaires wasn't a succes.

You have to pay to dry it down to 15, so you're losing profit in that regard. And we've been 14-15, so that helps.

Posted Image

#18 BarneyStinson

BarneyStinson

Swarls Barkley

• Die Hard
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

Your apple jokes are hilarious.

Anyway, I think I'm going to hold until OSX nyancat

“ I like some of the Gaga songs,

what the fuck does she know

about cameras?

- Kanye West

website

#19 éS Accel

éS Accel

hey hi hello I'm a shoe

• 4,363 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

The one thing thats fuckin' me up is the whole adobe creative suite software. I'm still on snow leopard (running CS4) and if I want to upgrade to Lion I need CS5 or 5.5 to run smoothly. As soon as I buy CS5 then upgrade to Lion, mountain lion will be out and then I'll need to buy CS6.

Fuckers

EDIT: all things aside, I'm running Lion at work and I love it.

#20 Sideonecincy

Sideonecincy

The 513

• 3,481 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

boy you're missing out. lion is fucking fantastic. tons of things to make doing work easier, and i don't mean launch command and shit pad and dashfuck
Snow Lion looks like it's gonna be cool, really the iCloud stuff is all I really care about mostly for documents, and Messages, which I already installed the beta for.
Plus what Steve said.

I completely disagree. I got lion on my macbook air and pushed it back to Snow leopard. This is the worst operating system they have released since OS X. Apple is trying to make OS X too much like iOS when they are completely different markets. Mission control is shitty compared to Spaces and why do I need launchpad when the applications folder has the exact same features. The only positive feature about lion is full disk encryption.

Nothing but eye candy and "features" you will never use. I do agree that iMessage is the one useful feature.

I'd take Google docs/cloud services over Apple's
My (relation) has a new (tech item), and it's always (choose one: freezing, crashing, under performing). On the other hand, my (other tech item) is much better and it's totally better than (tech item), it even has (feature/app) that doesn't come on (tech item), and it was doing that (time period) ago. I pity those fools who use (tech item).