Photo

Whats This Filter?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 CaP17A

CaP17A

Yes-yes on your no-no

• Established Member
  • 556 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

what is this filter (probably not a filter it was probably filmed with some special camera) called? i guess i mean how do you do that in after effects...may be a final cut question just with compositing...not sure

its somewhere in this video here
5d/60d

Vimyah
Flickr

#2 dick fitzwell

dick fitzwell

droppin shit like some horses

• 7,438 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

you expecting us to sit through a 4 and a half minute long snowboard video to work out what the hell you're talking about?
BRIGHTON & HOVE SKATEBOARDING YOUTUBE CHANNEL WET SUSSEX INTERVIEW AND INFO

follow the path forums.skateperception.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=89278&view=findpost&p=1364996

I don't really wear tight pants anymore, I stick to loose fit Express Jeans.

#3 CaP17A

CaP17A

Yes-yes on your no-no

• Established Member
  • 556 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

you expecting us to sit through a 4 and a half minute long snowboard video to work out what the hell you're talking about?

yes. yes i do...its not like its a movie
5d/60d

Vimyah
Flickr

#4 'skamoe

'skamoe
  • 6,327 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

You gotta do better than "somewhere in this video" in the future.
Are you talking about the fake super 8mm overlay? A shitty one like the one that's in that video can be done extremely simply in FCP as long as you have that one clip of the overlay that's been going around for a while. I wouldn't recommend doing it, but if you want to, you just take the overlay and place it over your video clip, and mess with the composite modes. I think you need to have the overlay clip set to multiply. I believe another way is to have your video clip above the overlay in the timelinle and to then set the composite mode of the video to screen, although I'm not positive about the modes for either of these to be honest.

#5 CaP17A

CaP17A

Yes-yes on your no-no

• Established Member
  • 556 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

You gotta do better than "somewhere in this video" in the future.
Are you talking about the fake super 8mm overlay? A shitty one like the one that's in that video can be done extremely simply in FCP as long as you have that one clip of the overlay that's been going around for a while. I wouldn't recommend doing it, but if you want to, you just take the overlay and place it over your video clip, and mess with the composite modes. I think you need to have the overlay clip set to multiply. I believe another way is to have your video clip above the overlay in the timelinle and to then set the composite mode of the video to screen, although I'm not positive about the modes for either of these to be honest.

my brother was trying to upload a video to youtube which sucked all of my fucking internet up....ill do better with that from now on

thats what I'm looking for....if thats so bad then are there any other ones? I'm just looking for something that would look generally like that
5d/60d

Vimyah
Flickr

#6 SPDST

SPDST
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

yes. yes i do...its not like its a movie

hahahah wow