Photo

Vx1000 Or Battery Charger Problem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 kevindunbar

kevindunbar

KevinDunbar

• Established Member
  • 884 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

First when I got my vx it came with 2 batteries when I put them in they were 3/4 charged and lasted about 25 mins. So I bought a new battery, a 4 hour one. I charged it all night and when I used it today it was on 1 bar this has happened with the other batteries but I though that it was a battery problem as they are OG sony batts.

Did you cream?.....umm... I mean.. um... dream.

Legit:
Fudge ( sold me iPhone)
CoronaSkater (bought iPhone off me)
AndrewLoughnane (Local HomeDawg)
SteezyFilms24 (sold me trv900/baby death)
mikeydawes (sold me cap cam)
Indyskatefilms (bought my raynox)

Kameron (Sold me gl2/raymod)

#2 Brooklyn Zoo

Brooklyn Zoo

Go Love Your Own City, Fuck Gentrification

• Die Hard
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

is it really cold out? the other day I was lent a friend my 10/20 with a fully charged aftermarket npf-730, fully charged that battery will last me all day, but he was using to film with his 7d and it was about 20F out and the light died after about 15 minutes.

Cold will eat up your battery life.
"Now there are a bunch of cool guys who think that they're from New York City, but they're actually from where ever they fucking came from. People claiming New York City when they didn't live here then; it's embarrassing. I'm not going to say any names but it is pretty pitiful. - Jeff Pang speaks the truth

http://sweatyevan.blogspot.com/

#3 kevindunbar

kevindunbar

KevinDunbar

• Established Member
  • 884 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

No its not cold and this whole thing happened inside my bedroom.

Legit:
Fudge ( sold me iPhone)

#4 Brooklyn Zoo

Brooklyn Zoo

• Die Hard
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

i find sometimes my after market charges get a little wacky, if i push it all the way onto the contacts it will stay green as if its charged or theres no battery inside, but if i push it about half way onto the contacts it will turn red (charging) and stay that will till its green again, Thats atleast how my chargers work you may be using a different one, try that.

I used to work on cars and sometimes if the car would be burning through car batteries theres something called a parasitic draw, where something is not completely turning off when the car is shut off , like the car's computer or other systems drawing current when they shouldn't be, I dont think that could happen in a Vx1 but anything could be possible.
"Now there are a bunch of cool guys who think that they're from New York City, but they're actually from where ever they fucking came from. People claiming New York City when they didn't live here then; it's embarrassing. I'm not going to say any names but it is pretty pitiful. - Jeff Pang speaks the truth

#5 kevindunbar

kevindunbar

KevinDunbar

• Established Member
  • 884 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:02 AM

i find sometimes my after market charges get a little wacky, if i push it all the way onto the contacts it will stay green as if its charged or theres no battery inside, but if i push it about half way onto the contacts it will turn red (charging) and stay that will till its green again, Thats atleast how my chargers work you may be using a different one, try that.

I used to work on cars and sometimes if the car would be burning through car batteries theres something called a parasitic draw, where something is not completely turning off when the car is shut off , like the car's computer or other systems drawing current when they shouldn't be, I dont think that could happen in a Vx1 but anything could be possible.

Thanks, Im using a sony charger, it seems as when I put a battery in the light flashes, then I put it in again and it stays lit, I think when its lt its charging.

Legit:
Fudge ( sold me iPhone)

#6 Brooklyn Zoo

Brooklyn Zoo

• Die Hard
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:55 AM

I've never had a sony band charger so I cant say for sure, you said that when you put it in the first time its flashing and then you take it out and put it back in and its solid? Typically when a battery charger is flashing it means its charging, on canon chargers the light flashes faster and faster till its solid meaning its done charging.

#7 rochesterskate

rochesterskate
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

Here is what i know. I have a charger for batteries, both vx2k and 1k. If it is flashing when you put the battery in, it is fully charged or close to fully charged. When it's solid, you wanna leave it for a couple of hours to restore battery. I also heard the longer you use the battery, the more it wastes. For example, i have been using the same battery for almost a year now. It used to run 9 hours. now it only runs about 3. so yeah.

#8 kevindunbar

kevindunbar

KevinDunbar

• Established Member
  • 884 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

Here is what i know. I have a charger for batteries, both vx2k and 1k. If it is flashing when you put the battery in, it is fully charged or close to fully charged. When it's solid, you wanna leave it for a couple of hours to restore battery. I also heard the longer you use the battery, the more it wastes. For example, i have been using the same battery for almost a year now. It used to run 9 hours. now it only runs about 3. so yeah.

Thanks man, It seems to be like that anyway, the charges probly a bit broken anyway as it seems to decharge the batteries too.

Legit:
Fudge ( sold me iPhone)