18 replies to this topic

#1 spiker369

spiker369

using scholarships to pay for a higher level of procrastination

• Established Member
  • 740 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

Both cameras were set almost the same.
F/3.5, focus to infinity, ISO 3200, Frame Rate 60. I forgot to change the white balance though..

Posted Image

Posted Image
The Lumix is the DARKER photo and the Canon is the more Yellow one.

Personally I like the Lumix cause I can get closer but it gives off purple flares in certain lighting; but with the Canon you don't really have to convert the clips.
YOUTUBE
MiamiFilmerGuy -- Local // Matt.K -- Bought my Peleng // chicagonightskater -- Bought my vx2
Brendan Ruch -- Sold me Tamron 17-50VC // schweems -- Bought my Opteka .4x // zerocirca -- Traded me his GH2 setup
MediocreFilmer -- Traded me his 60D setup

It's the seller's responsibility to pay for insurance though...

#2 Rob M.

Rob M.

no shame

• Die Hard
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

there sure is better distortion on the Lumix, but I still prefer the rebel cameras because of all of the manual control you have with magic lantern installed.

i just dont like shirtless footy

Tube

Flick

#3 Stroh

Stroh

lulz

• Die Hard
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

Gh2 killin it, wanna see how my peleng stacks up against the rokinon 7.5
Posted Image Fisheye Double Set

LEGIT:
Stay Dirty
Amit
Skatevirginia
RickyS.Films
Biscuit
Luke F

UNLEGIT:
THE TREES

#4 spiker369

spiker369

• Established Member
  • 740 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

there sure is better distortion on the Lumix, but I still prefer the rebel cameras because of all of the manual control you have with magic lantern installed.

I agree, I do like that the GH2 has better on board audio though.
But I feel like I want to sell my GH2+fish+14-140 whenever Canon releases the T4i.
YOUTUBE
MiamiFilmerGuy -- Local // Matt.K -- Bought my Peleng // chicagonightskater -- Bought my vx2
Brendan Ruch -- Sold me Tamron 17-50VC // schweems -- Bought my Opteka .4x // zerocirca -- Traded me his GH2 setup

#5 namtot

namtot
  • Established Member
  • 779 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

I agree, I do like that the GH2 has better on board audio though.
But I feel like I want to sell my GH2+fish+14-140 whenever Canon releases the T4i.

dont get your hopes up too much on the t4i, it definitely doesnt look like they will offer anything that vastly improves upon the t2i/t3i/7d/60d.

#6 spiker369

spiker369

• Established Member
  • 740 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

dont get your hopes up too much on the t4i, it definitely doesnt look like they will offer anything that vastly improves upon the t2i/t3i/7d/60d.

Well I have a T2i right now and the only other thing, other than the audio, of the GH2 that I like is the flip out screen (but I hate the touch interface) so it being a given the T4i will have a swivel screen I'll just wait for that. I know if I buy a T3i body now, the T4i will get announced or released within a month lol. :goldenwub:
YOUTUBE

#7 Alex Donaldson

Alex Donaldson
  • Die Hard
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

ehhh gh2 has a bunchy distortion kinda like dvx/mk2, t2i is more flat distortion. also appears t2i has significantly better lowlight

x1: 3UJ5QLK.png

x2: jtyRx6m.png

x1: 9gNRkEb.png

youtube

​legit:jaakkoskates, lurkerlife, stewy avdich, kyle knows, aidan osborne, joey9, jona humbel, david cappetta

#8 spiker369

spiker369

• Established Member
  • 740 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

ehhh gh2 has a bunchy distortion kinda like dvx/mk2, t2i is more flat distortion. also appears t2i has significantly better lowlight

I guess it seems that way but the GH2's higher ISO settings are actually less noisy (until the super high ones, then it just screws with the colors).
YOUTUBE

#9 Matt.K

Matt.K

yolo lol !!!

• Die Hard
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

It reminds of your peleng vs rokinon comparison.
God speed brave souls

You think Nigel went and picked up a vintage zoom lens and now he's killing the game. Yeah right. This dude has some of the worst DSLR stuff on youtube.

spaghettios get me ready for anything!

legit list in profile
t3i/tamron 17-50mm/bower 8mm/eazy handle

#10 Stroh

Stroh

lulz

• Die Hard
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:20 AM

you mean the GH2/rokinon has distortion, and the T2i/rokinon lacks it. also no, surprisingly the GH2 handles noise much better than the T2i

LEGIT:
Stay Dirty
Amit
Skatevirginia
RickyS.Films
Biscuit
Luke F

UNLEGIT:
THE TREES

#11 Alex Donaldson

Alex Donaldson
  • Die Hard
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

you mean the GH2/rokinon has distortion, and the T2i/rokinon lacks it. also no, surprisingly the GH2 handles noise much better than the T2i

maybe the case, but they appear to be the same width. and maybe it handles noise better but m4/3 is known to not have as good low light as aps-c

x1: 3UJ5QLK.png

x2: jtyRx6m.png

x1: 9gNRkEb.png

youtube

​legit:jaakkoskates, lurkerlife, stewy avdich, kyle knows, aidan osborne, joey9, jona humbel, david cappetta

#12 spiker369

spiker369

• Established Member
  • 740 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

maybe the case, but they appear to be the same width. and maybe it handles noise better but m4/3 is known to not have as good low light as aps-c

Clearly the GH2 is wider horizontally but it like a millimeter less wide vertically in the center.
YOUTUBE

#13 vx2krider

vx2krider

twitter @tspruit

• Established Member
  • 581 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

personally i like the t2i

just been wondering how you finger a girl? do you put your whole arm up the or wat do you do?

#14 Stroh

Stroh

lulz

• Die Hard
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

nah the 7.5mm is clearly wider, and the distortion is much nicer than the flat UWAish look of the 8mm. the peleng is ~30% wider than the 8mm IIRC, so i wonder if it's even wider than the 7.5mm...

also i used to have a 550D, the GH2 trumps it in low lighting, hands down. the canon might be able to make a brighter picture at high ISOs, but whats the point if its terribly noisy?

LEGIT:
Stay Dirty
Amit
Skatevirginia
RickyS.Films
Biscuit
Luke F

UNLEGIT:
THE TREES

#15 anthonymast3rson

anthonymast3rson
  • Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

Wish i had the money to upgrade to the gh2

#16 ben_ericson

ben_ericson

SkatePerception: Home Of The Opteka Topics!

• Die Hard
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

personally i like the t2i

You guys are trippin'... The GH2 completely kills the t2i, fisheye wise.

I currently own both setups, and I have to say, the GH2 is extremely awkward to use. I love that camera, but the thing is just so weird.

and i only let 2 kids film fisheye cause one used to film and the other is super atrsy and he knows what looks good. my filmer footy actually comes out pretty good.

koston is the osiris of es. he wont leave it, i betcha. es for life for koston, pretty sure.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nihilism13

#17 zachfilms

zachfilms
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

is the gh2 hacked

#18 skelter

skelter
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

gh2 is wider, t2i looks better (in that shot)
bought canon 60D from JaakkoSkates

#19 spiker369

spiker369

• Established Member
  • 740 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

You guys are trippin'... The GH2 completely kills the t2i, fisheye wise.

I currently own both setups, and I have to say, the GH2 is extremely awkward to use. I love that camera, but the thing is just so weird.

I realize this is from forever ago but I don't see why wider (horizontally) is better for 16:9 footy? Sure you get more of the barrel distortion, so you get more in frame on the horizontal axis, but you're still getting the same vertical height. 

No gain in vertical height + extra horizontal width = more empty/wasted frame space.

Just my opinion though, haven't filmed skating in a while but I feel like the whole compare dick sizes and see who's lens is wider argument is more geared to the people still filming with vx's.

is the gh2 hacked

Nope.

gh2 is wider, t2i looks better (in that shot)

^

YOUTUBE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users