Rick Mccrank Illustration

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ethunnn_*

Guest_ethunnn_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

I am relatively new to illustrator >5 hours using the program and really enjoy it. I am aware my lines could be cleaner and not so pointy as well as my color choices. This was a photo of him on a poster that I figured I would trace solely for practice. I am not asking you to critique the illustration, just the quality of work that went into the making of this.

Posted Image

#2 Guest_ethunnn_*

Guest_ethunnn_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

last bump any last critiques even one will suffice

#3 spiker369

spiker369

using scholarships to pay for a higher level of procrastination

• Established Member
  • 740 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

I honestly like it super simplistic and everything. :goldenwub:
YOUTUBE
MiamiFilmerGuy -- Local // Matt.K -- Bought my Peleng // chicagonightskater -- Bought my vx2
Brendan Ruch -- Sold me Tamron 17-50VC // schweems -- Bought my Opteka .4x // zerocirca -- Traded me his GH2 setup
MediocreFilmer -- Traded me his 60D setup

It's the seller's responsibility to pay for insurance though...

#4 DrewK

DrewK
  • Established Member
  • 500 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

The pen tool is hard as fuck to use when you're first learning illustrator, but you did a decent job.

The one and only

#5 arek

arek
  • Established Member
  • 610 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

sweet, i'd just fix the sharpness on his right ear, and add small white circles in top left corner of his eyes.

LEGIT : jonwolf, RollingEntertainment(x2), EricCalfo, IvanFucich, ben_ericson, turkeynuggettt, Lurking Class Hero, DGKall2010, vx2krider, willyfreshh(x2), Rickk, cooperslack, Dr.Cloak, halfcabskater97, skatefairy, Coronaskater (x2), onstandby, namtot, shayne233, MiamiFilmerGuy, gl2john, vx1Lifeagain, Frank., dinosaurjr (x4), COGskatemedia (x2), mikeydawes, M Brown, Circle Gallery, flocente5, Roasted Albatross, C K (x4), JSantiago, jvdude, VX1media, schweems, JakeGnaw, JaakkoSkates, Cravenmorhed, Arnel D, Math.(x10), scottg(x2), ANDY_VX2100, emericaskate, KyleCochran, lurk hard, Lurkerlife, IanE, JsloanFilms, Bonksz, OnThatSuper8, jessealba, Anders Newman, SkylerMafita, Fvbles, JasonBorn, neddington12, Matt.K, huiefilms, OliverMcBoliver

UNLEGIT : saginaw

#6 dudeletsgoskate

dudeletsgoskate

• Established Member
  • 540 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

Get crazy with the Gradient Mesh tool !
Subscribe to my YouTube

hmc150 + 7D

LEGIT
dddrew (vx2100mk1)
rideohio (shirt)
Dmicik (turtle beaches)
northskater (shirt)
kjd (shirt)
WilliamF. (shirt)
wes. (ty2)
Max Spang (vx1k)
mattyo (mk1)
KyranFord (big vx1 battery)
levongroce (lens hood)
Big L (hmc150)
cpfilmer (juicedlink 454)

#7 ÚS Accel

ÚS Accel

hey hi hello I'm a shoe

• 4,362 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

Get crazy with the Gradient Mesh tool !

Easier said than done. The gradient mesh tool takes some time to grasp all of its capabilities.