Photo

Went Into The Woods...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 apatterson

apatterson
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:33 AM

Came out with a few panoramas...let me know what you think of this one. Thanks

Posted Image

#2 apatterson

apatterson
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

anyone?

#3 NickBrown

NickBrown
  • Established Member
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

I'm really into the beam of light coming down on the rock in this shot. I wish you had moved that red (aerosol bottle?) from the shot, but it clones out really easily. There are a few post production nitpicks that I have such as taking a little green and yellow out of it and adding just a little bit of contrast since the back light makes it a little flat, but overall I think it's pretty good.

Actually, sense I took the time to drag it into photoshop and play with it, I might as well show you exactly what I'm talking about.

Posted Image

it seems like there is an unequal balance of ambient and natty light.

How do I put this in my signature?

#4 vx2krider

vx2krider

twitter @tspruit

• Established Member
  • 581 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

the beam of light almost makes it look 35mm

just been wondering how you finger a girl? do you put your whole arm up the or wat do you do?

#5 Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum
  • Established Member
  • 651 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

I swear you're just getting your post count up to 500 so you can sell something on here because nothing you say makes any sense whatsoever.

#6 Jake J

Jake J

Sk'b'n

• Die Hard
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

I'm really liking this. I agree with what Nickbrown said, but other than those tiny nitpicks, it's a really nice shot. the beam of light creeping through the trees is just perfect.

Nothing really constructive to add, just praise. Good Job!
tumblr

Flickr

Facebook

I spent 20 minutes in the darkroom today looking for the clone stamp tool

#7 Mike.H

Mike.H
  • Established Member
  • 319 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

that beam of light isnt strong enough to save this photo. theres also no depth, which might save it but overall this just isn't a good photo of the woods. The original image looks better than nicks though if it makes you feel better.
Legit=JeffRose, Victor, PhotographyTim, NickDeschamps, Tosh., michaelb, loon , PatShore.
Flickr

#8 Buzzkillington

Buzzkillington

Anthony Allison

• Die Hard
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read. For that, it shall be in my sig for a while, for everyone else to enjoy.

Site: armedwithaneye.com  | Blog

Full length skate video entitled "The Mob Rules" coming this summer! See more at YouTube.

#9 apatterson

apatterson
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

I'm really into the beam of light coming down on the rock in this shot. I wish you had moved that red (aerosol bottle?) from the shot, but it clones out really easily. There are a few post production nitpicks that I have such as taking a little green and yellow out of it and adding just a little bit of contrast since the back light makes it a little flat, but overall I think it's pretty good.

Thanks, as a slight disclaimer I did adjust the beam in post to make it stand out a little bit more. Also its a bottle, I was too lazy to clone it out but yeah. I see what you're saying about the color but I think you went a little bit to the other extreme, I'll try playing around with it in ps.

haha

I'm really liking this. I agree with what Nickbrown said, but other than those tiny nitpicks, it's a really nice shot. the beam of light creeping through the trees is just perfect.

Nothing really constructive to add, just praise. Good Job!

Thanks man

that beam of light isnt strong enough to save this photo. theres also no depth, which might save it but overall this just isn't a good photo of the woods. The original image looks better than nicks though if it makes you feel better.

What do you mean by 'no depth'? I feel like the low contrast background with the higher contrast foreground creates at least a little depth, but let me know what you meant. Thanks