Photo

Eos Lenses On Ae 1 Body.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 tobsby

tobsby
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:47 AM

Trading my game cube or an AE1 and was wondering if there was an adapter that will let me put my t2i lenses on it?
if there isn't I wont bother because I don't wanna go out and buy a whole new set of lenses as well as film.
cheers, tobsby.

Burton and Jared Diamond are legit.

#2 Rob M.

Rob M.

no shame

• Die Hard
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/B000PIB6DW

I believe that is what you want, I'm not sure if that's FD to EOS or EOS to FD but when I searched the latter that thing came up. I don't know if it does it reverse, but when you adapt FD lenses to EOS mounts they essentially zoom in .3x more than it already is (1.6x) so a 50mm would be a 95mm with the extra crop factor and it would lose a stop of light and on top of that, it'll be a pretty soft image. I'm not sure it's worth it.

edit: I just read the reviews on the above listing and it's to put FD lenses on a EOS body, not the other way around. And a quick google search lead me to the conclusion that there is no practical way to put EOS lenses on an FD body. Just go to a local thrift store, there is bound to be broken SLRs for like $10, 75% of the time the lens is still in okay condition. Shop around until you find an FD SLR setup, buy it and use the lens. Or do what Daniel said and search goodwill online.

Tube

Flick

tumblr

set your settings

#3 Daniel Kusnir

Daniel Kusnir

Who?

• Die Hard
  • 2,878 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/B000PIB6DW

I believe that is what you want, I'm not sure if that's FD to EOS or EOS to FD but when I searched the latter that thing came up. I don't know if it does it reverse, but when you adapt FD lenses to EOS mounts they essentially zoom in .3x more than it already is (1.6x) so a 50mm would be a 95mm with the extra crop factor and it would lose a stop of light and on top of that, it'll be a pretty soft image. I'm not sure it's worth it.

This^
Just buy canon fd lenses off shopgoodwill.com. You can find them pretty cheap on there and It'll be way more worth it.
Posted Image 5
Posted Image 45
Posted Image 203

Legit
DrewK, joey9, Condoo, Smg1293, Its rob, kickflipkid, ConnorO'Day, naturalTheater, Sulldotrat, Arnel D., flocente5, TonyHawk, sebass, NYClurker, Jmaciel, Doot, dertbag, Moosy, Kameron, MurderCapital, KyranFord, Altamont1410, dennisfilmer, Burton, planb100, Riley, Frank., corben775, allybobbaisfresh, desiresk8, LeVon James, Math., broozman, skatevirginia, RyanHoj, Solo, tristancm jessemiller, hubbadood, dylancambio, filmthe717, colemillerrr
Unlegit
GoldenFilms

#4 tobsby

tobsby
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:55 AM

Cheers for the help everyone, if I do get it, i'll just buy some lenses.
cheers.

Burton and Jared Diamond are legit.