Photo

Penn Hills Shredit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 mikeydawes

mikeydawes

Instagram - ohiomikey

• Die Hard
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

Took a trip up to Pittsburgh this past weekend with some friends. We went to Penn Hills for most of the day. Here's some of what went down. Featuring: Ryan George, Brennen Smith, Brandon Murphy and Tyler Beihl. Tried uploading a better quality version of this on YouTube and it fucked up. Please watch and critique.

Song: The Postal Service - "Sleeping In"

Legit list in profile.
YouTube

vx-medal-gold-1.png x1

logo.png @ohiomikey

#2 DGKall2010

DGKall2010
  • Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

gotta read up on how to set your camera dood. the main problem with this video pretty much, at times it flashes and then it gets really dark.... you'll figure it out i used to do the same shit with my vx2 haha. and on some clips you should try getting a bit closer but the rest is fine. holdin it a bit steadier might help too, and when filming fisheye try to make your moves more fluent and smooth, and not fast and awkward. not saying all fisheye clips were like that tho, jus somethin to work on

this isnt a biggie but try and work on not letting your body get into frame either. i did like most of the long lens tho bro.

editing was straight i guess, try using more effects and transitions and shit ya kno.
lookin forwards to ur next edit, if you need help on how to set your cam jus lemme know
Operation Treadstone @: http://www.youtube.com/user/DGKall2010

Dat Fye list:
DanHelmlingerFilms - hooked me up with a Opteka Death
I wear goggles sometimes - bought raymod
Jimmy Crandall - bought opteka death
danielskates - sold me mk1 intermediate, but never sent front cap
ChrisRussell - sold me sony 10/20 light

Hopefully at least Wolf will see this and say something.

#3 glenhammerle

glenhammerle
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:44 AM

Filming was fine just get that damn arm out of the shot. Between try's check the footy really quick so you can make adjustments like that

www.TheKinshipVideo.com

#4 mikeydawes

mikeydawes

Instagram - ohiomikey

• Die Hard
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

gotta read up on how to set your camera dood. the main problem with this video pretty much, at times it flashes and then it gets really dark.... you'll figure it out i used to do the same shit with my vx2 haha. and on some clips you should try getting a bit closer but the rest is fine. holdin it a bit steadier might help too, and when filming fisheye try to make your moves more fluent and smooth, and not fast and awkward. not saying all fisheye clips were like that tho, jus somethin to work on

this isnt a biggie but try and work on not letting your body get into frame either. i did like most of the long lens tho bro.

editing was straight i guess, try using more effects and transitions and shit ya kno.
lookin forwards to ur next edit, if you need help on how to set your cam jus lemme know

Thanks for the honest critique man, I appreciate it. And yeah I need to work on filming with the right settings more often. Honestly I usually just set it to Auto Lock when I film, so I'm thinking that might be the reason why some of the clips were flashing and others were dark. I'm learning more about the proper settings though so hopefully I'll get it down pat soon.

Filming was fine just get that damn arm out of the shot. Between try's check the footy really quick so you can make adjustments like that

I'll definitely work on this!

Anyone else?

Legit list in profile.
YouTube

vx-medal-gold-1.png x1

logo.png @ohiomikey

#5 mikeydawes

mikeydawes

Instagram - ohiomikey

• Die Hard
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

Bump.

Legit list in profile.
YouTube

vx-medal-gold-1.png x1

logo.png @ohiomikey

#6 Adam G

Adam G
  • Established Member
  • 864 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

manual exposure while filming fish
YouTube

Follow my little brother on twitter @smokedoutluger

#7 Daniel Kusnir

Daniel Kusnir

Who?

• Die Hard
  • 2,876 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

Thanks for the honest critique man, I appreciate it. And yeah I need to work on filming with the right settings more often. Honestly I usually just set it to Auto Lock when I film, so I'm thinking that might be the reason why some of the clips were flashing and others were dark. I'm learning more about the proper settings though so hopefully I'll get it down pat soon.
I'll definitely work on this!

Anyone else?

NEVER use the auto settings. Almost all of the time they look like shit and if you set your custom presets to the way you like them most you'll usually just have to change your white balance each time you film.
Posted Image 5
Posted Image 45
Posted Image 203

Legit
DrewK, joey9, Condoo, Smg1293, Its rob, kickflipkid, ConnorO'Day, naturalTheater, Sulldotrat, Arnel D., flocente5, TonyHawk, sebass, NYClurker, Jmaciel, Doot, dertbag, Moosy, Kameron, MurderCapital, KyranFord, Altamont1410, dennisfilmer, Burton, planb100, Riley, Frank., corben775, allybobbaisfresh, desiresk8, LeVon James, Math., broozman, skatevirginia, RyanHoj, Solo, tristancm jessemiller, hubbadood, dylancambio, filmthe717, colemillerrr
Unlegit
GoldenFilms

#8 mikeydawes

mikeydawes

Instagram - ohiomikey

• Die Hard
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

manual exposure while filming fish

I need to keep this in mind from now on.

NEVER use the auto settings. Almost all of the time they look like shit and if you set your custom presets to the way you like them most you'll usually just have to change your white balance each time you film.

Yeah, I just recently realized that. From now on I'm just gonna film with manual settings, because I have noticed that ever since I got my VX my footage has looked slightly washed out while filming with auto settings with my fisheye.

Anybody else?

Legit list in profile.
YouTube

vx-medal-gold-1.png x1

logo.png @ohiomikey