Photo

Mini Dv Tape Problems

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 jakemenne77

jakemenne77
  • Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

I have a vx1 and i have head cleaner and i cleaned the heads before i filmed but i have a couple tapes with important footage on them i really need that are a little gltichy and mostly just blank sceens where there should be some good footage. please help!

#2 austhesauce

austhesauce
  • Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

are you using the same type of mini dv tape each time you pop one in? Using different kinds of tapes tends to cause dirty heads. maybe try running the tape with the footage on it on another camera? good luck.
Austin Griffith

dvc30/modteka

YOUTUBE

#3 jakemenne77

jakemenne77
  • Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

are you using the same type of mini dv tape each time you pop one in? Using different kinds of tapes tends to cause dirty heads. maybe try running the tape with the footage on it on another camera? good luck.

nah i always pop a new sony premium in and ive cleaned the heads witha cleaning tape

#4 stewy avdich

stewy avdich

We trippy mane

• Established Member
  • 828 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

your heads are probably dead and wont record lol. But something is deffinatly wrong other than dirty heads

knowledge is key

Posted Imagex666
--- KYRAN FORD CERTIFIED SP USER ---

#5 Alex Donaldson

Alex Donaldson
  • Die Hard
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

broke the timecode on the tape. pretty sure there is no solution to that. get a new tape, film some stuff and see if anything recorded if not your ccd's died or your heads are broken.

x1: 3UJ5QLK.png

x2: jtyRx6m.png

x1: 9gNRkEb.png

youtube

​legit:jaakkoskates, lurkerlife, stewy avdich, kyle knows, aidan osborne, joey9, jona humbel, david cappetta

#6 austhesauce

austhesauce
  • Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

your heads are probably dead and wont record lol. But something is deffinatly wrong other than dirty heads

why would you say lol? that isnt the slightest bit funny
Austin Griffith

dvc30/modteka

YOUTUBE

#7 jakemenne77

jakemenne77
  • Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

why would you say lol? that isnt the slightest bit funny

maybe but tapes after that that i filmed were fine. is the time code is broken is there no possible way to retrieve the footage?

#8 Video Electronics

Video Electronics

The Camera Repair Experts

• 1,611 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:05 AM

maybe but tapes after that that i filmed were fine. is the time code is broken is there no possible way to retrieve the footage?

Correct. If the time code drops out when you're done recording it (usually) means that nothing was actually recorded. There's no less than 6 things that can cause that, bad heads, blocked heads (head cleaner is only marginally successful at correcting that), alignment, bad RS board, main board problem, and more. If the problem persists feel free to send it in and I'll tell you exactly what you have going on and the cost to fix it.