Photo

Vx1000 Settings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 bbgunmoney

bbgunmoney
  • Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 02:27 AM

ive noticed a lot of vx1000 footage looks different and its probably cause the why the user sets their custom presets. what do you all vx1k owners have yours at. you know, like color level and shit. i just want to know what you all set yours at cause i wanna try and get a new look but im too lazy to fuck around with my cam.
oh its a deep burn. oh its soo deep. i can barely lift my right arm i did so many. i dont know if you heard me counting i did over a thousand.

#2 ben_ericson

ben_ericson

SkatePerception: Home Of The Opteka Topics!

• Die Hard
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 02:40 AM

It all depends on the weather condition. If it's an overcast I usually have the color 1 notch from being all the way up, if it's really sunny out then I usually leave it at about 3/4 of the way up. It all just really depends though, I would just suggest messing around with the presets yourself until you find a picture you like.

and i only let 2 kids film fisheye cause one used to film and the other is super atrsy and he knows what looks good. my filmer footy actually comes out pretty good.

koston is the osiris of es. he wont leave it, i betcha. es for life for koston, pretty sure.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nihilism13

#3 Galen

Galen

Dope Steez Experience

• Die Hard
  • 3,986 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 02:46 AM

I have the color balance set up 3/4's and I'm not sure about what else. I think the other stuff I just left normal.

#4 bbgunmoney

bbgunmoney
  • Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 02:49 AM

you can say what else you have set other thn your color if you want. lol im not trying to be an ass or anything i would just like to know all your cp. thanks. and i will mess with it i guess.
oh its a deep burn. oh its soo deep. i can barely lift my right arm i did so many. i dont know if you heard me counting i did over a thousand.

#5 Galen

Galen

Dope Steez Experience

• Die Hard
  • 3,986 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 02:56 AM

just fool around with it, and play it on the tv and see how it looks, the only thing is, is if you switch everything around at a spot, you really don't know how it'll look since your viewfinder won't be calibrated according to what you're filming.

#6 MattHirst

MattHirst

HomoThug

• 3,315 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 04:46 AM

colour all the way up, sharpness all the way down. generally speaking.

#7 SteveLaClair

SteveLaClair

gravatar gets to pick my avatars

• Admin
  • 15,663 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 05:30 AM

If I have it on at all it's shifting the wb shift 2 clicks to the right and the sharpness 1/4th way up.
RIP Derek Gertz

show us the way of the gay

i assume you think you're funny..? go play in traffic before i embarrass you..

#8 nik lavigne

nik lavigne

Houston Head

• 3,417 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:21 AM

sorry if this sounds like a noob question, but what does sharpness do exactly?

#9 nik lavigne

nik lavigne

Houston Head

• 3,417 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:25 AM

and isnt if color level is shifted al the way up u get like an oranng skinish look, idono this is just on my vx2100...

#10 DevonBrown

DevonBrown

german cars are better

• Die Hard
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:35 AM

yur yur color is all the way up on the vx1k it wont really give an orange skin colour, on the vx2k,and 2k1 it will i think. but sharpness juss gives the scene a more syley look to it, personally i dont really like it that much.Actually, on the vx1k if the color and wb shif is all the way up it might give a wierd orange colour to it., i usually do color 3/4 up and WB shift almost 3/4 up.
2003 20th Ann. GTI,black magic pearl.
K04 upgrade
Unitronic Stg 2+ k04 reflash
380cc inj.
3 inch turbo inlet pipe
aem Cold air intake
euro-customs FMIC
custom 2.5inch turboback (catless)
Murked Windows

14.4@100 flat,spinning through all 2nd into middle of 3rd gear down the strip.Consistant 14.5's.
2.4 0-60' horrible....

#11 kevinfreeling

kevinfreeling

^^wa$te^^

• Die Hard
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:39 AM

thats on the vx2_ _ _. thats one of the main reasons the vx1k is so much prefered, doesnt look like garfield skating. and i adjust my shit to the spot but i have 1/4 sharpness, 3/4 WB red, and color usually about 3/4 but it varys from spot and color/lack of good color that day. i used to use the presets and just have it set and stay at that setting. but it has become the 4th main component (shutter, aperture, wb, AND the custom presets) but galen, the VF is still calibrated, to calibrate, u use the EVF settings. the presets affect the footy the same way u see it. presets dont un-calibrate, presets are another way on higher end 3chips to customize ur footy.
time to grow up, you should too
12-14-05
10:42am
PEACE

#12 DevonBrown

DevonBrown

german cars are better

• Die Hard
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:45 AM

thats right kevin, i forgot to mention apeture settings.
2003 20th Ann. GTI,black magic pearl.
K04 upgrade
Unitronic Stg 2+ k04 reflash
380cc inj.
3 inch turbo inlet pipe
aem Cold air intake
euro-customs FMIC
custom 2.5inch turboback (catless)
Murked Windows

14.4@100 flat,spinning through all 2nd into middle of 3rd gear down the strip.Consistant 14.5's.
2.4 0-60' horrible....

#13 MattHirst

MattHirst

HomoThug

• 3,315 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 03:09 PM

and isnt if color level is shifted al the way up u get like an oranng skinish look, idono this is just on my vx2100...

colour level won't affect the actual colour, only the saturation, you would only get a horrible orange image if you white balanced incorrectly.

#14 Ras Poncho

Ras Poncho
  • Established Member
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 03:17 PM

I dont have a vx1k but on my vx21, I have the color half way, sharpness all the way down and WB shift all the way to the right. If there is a lot of blue at the spot, I usually take a little color out. If anyone cared.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 Michael

Michael

blunt ashes

• Die Hard
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 04:21 PM

situation- if it is just a perfect day outside, no shadows or anything ill normally have:

Sharpness: All the way down, Color Level: 3/4 way up, WB Level: 3/4 or all the way up
straight fireee

#16 kevinfreeling

kevinfreeling

^^wa$te^^

• Die Hard
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 07:31 PM

colour level won't affect the actual colour, only the saturation, you would only get a horrible orange image if you white balanced incorrectly.

on the vx2 _ _ _ it sure as fuck does.
time to grow up, you should too
12-14-05
10:42am
PEACE

#17 Peter Turk

Peter Turk
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:17 PM

I think mines mostly default and everything else i change. like white balance, exposure, and sound peaking stuff. I forget whatelse i change but im too lazey to get out my cam right now.

#18 skatefairy

skatefairy
  • Established Member
  • 997 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:06 AM

What about natural looking colors not too over saturated and shit.

#19 jakeR103

jakeR103
  • Established Member
  • 591 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:23 AM

this would be an almost 3 year old topic.....
legit:
downsouthalec
kela
Andrew G
www.theberrics.com

#20 Tim Cisilino

Tim Cisilino
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:42 AM

color level all the way up wb shift pretty low depending on the spot.
Posted Image
Posted Image- X18
Posted Image- X17
Posted Image- X10

Vimeo
Flickr