6070 replies to this topic

#5801 bosco

bosco

olympus boyz

• Established Member
  • 955 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

soft box and silver lined umbrella.

Do u use that for everything? I was thinging a bigass shoot through to light up the spot (fill) would that work?

#5802 R-ch

R-ch
  • Die Hard
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

best AA batteries for my vivitar 285hv? standard everyday duracell ones i've been trying to use don't recycle if it's cold.

also i take it any brand of flash will work with any camera? such as nikon flash, canon camera?

#5803 mctomch

mctomch
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

Energizer rechargeables alllll day.
I dont know man, I really hate drama and for better or worse I assume that every woman from Colombia is going to be crazy like the chick from the movie Blow, which is more bullshit that I'm willing to deal with.
-kyle bunker
flickr

#5804 R-ch

R-ch
  • Die Hard
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

i mean what mAh/Ni-MH rating

#5805 nickvespe

nickvespe

dour pour too sweet to be sour

• Die Hard
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

For those of you beginners who do not understand photography terminology this goofy guy can help. the video is kinda gay and he pronounces stuff oddly. but he gives examples of what things are and how they work

comp is way too tight.

Ya I know, My battery was about to die so I didn't set my ISO.

DAT NEW WEBSITE THO

flickr
INSTA

#5806 tylar-tang

tylar-tang

hung like a princess

• Die Hard
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

http://www.youtube.c...a06FUAAAAAAAGAA
the forum is so advanced nowadays, weve got utube vids and liking, plus no modz. really a great age 2 b alive.

http://www.flickr.co...s/73820489@N07/

#5807 Sam Phillips

Sam Phillips
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

so im thinking about getting into flash photography and cant decide on a flash to buy. im looking at a cheap flash that just gets the job done. im looking at the Neewer TT560. based on reviews it looks like a "good enough" flash.

but i thought id go on here and see what you guys think. suggestions for other budget flashes would be nice.

thanks

#5808 Ethan13

Ethan13

SP's grimiest

• Die Hard
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

so im thinking about getting into flash photography and cant decide on a flash to buy. im looking at a cheap flash that just gets the job done. im looking at the Neewer TT560. based on reviews it looks like a "good enough" flash.

but i thought id go on here and see what you guys think. suggestions for other budget flashes would be nice.

thanks

The old standby, the Vivitar 285(hv)?

I'd get like $10000 dollars in pennies, then drop it out of an airplane. you know how people say if you drop a penny off of the empire state building it would kill someone? I'd kill an entire town... and that weapon of mass destruction would only cost me $10000 dollars.

i h7 when terrerists
clickr
CC

pootube
Legit: RPD foolz

#5809 johnnygetsilly

johnnygetsilly

I need a printer.

• Die Hard
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

I'm a starter on the whole developing my own B&W film, is this list all I should need? (excluding squeegees, trays, etc.)

Posted Image
follow me on Instagram: begoodtoo

#5810 EspSkate

EspSkate
  • Die Hard
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

a thermometer, photoflo, a beaker, a changing bag / completely dark room, I would stay away from powder chemistry just starting out.

soul sk8er photographer, bro.

yeah right, I'm joining team x-blades.

#5811 johnnygetsilly

johnnygetsilly

I need a printer.

• Die Hard
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

Alright thanks man! I'm hoping on going to the camera store this weekend and I'm sure they'll help me get my hands on some chemistry. Wooh, excited!
follow me on Instagram: begoodtoo

#5812 KyleCochran

KyleCochran
  • Die Hard
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

So I've been noticing that a lot of times when shooting skating with my rokinon 8mm that usually something is out of focus on the skater, wether it be his hand, face, board, etc. (not motion blur). Anyone got some tricks on how to get crisp shots with this lens every time?

#5813 KyleCochran

KyleCochran
  • Die Hard
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

best AA batteries for my vivitar 285hv? standard everyday duracell ones i've been trying to use don't recycle if it's cold.

also i take it any brand of flash will work with any camera? such as nikon flash, canon camera?

Kirkland brand AA's from Costco kick ass. I buy a big brick for $10 and it lasts me months.

#5814 nickvespe

nickvespe

• Die Hard
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

So I've been noticing that a lot of times when shooting skating with my rokinon 8mm that usually something is out of focus on the skater, wether it be his hand, face, board, etc. (not motion blur). Anyone got some tricks on how to get crisp shots with this lens every time?

yes.

i did like a test with different objects away, every focusing stop and every aperture.

at f/5.6 at 1 meter I have found everything is in focus when i shoot skating. make sure its 1M not 1FT
and always at f/5.6 - 8

comp is way too tight.

DAT NEW WEBSITE THO

flickr
INSTA

#5815 tylar-tang

tylar-tang

hung like a princess

• Die Hard
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

in need of help

is the nikon n6006 film model an f mount?

someone please hit me with a reply so i can know that the nikkor lenses i already have will fit on the d3100
the forum is so advanced nowadays, weve got utube vids and liking, plus no modz. really a great age 2 b alive.

http://www.flickr.co...s/73820489@N07/

#5816 nickvespe

nickvespe

• Die Hard
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

in need of help

is the nikon n6006 film model an f mount?

someone please hit me with a reply so i can know that the nikkor lenses i already have will fit on the d3100

yes it's an f mount. anything after the nikon f is fmount. check to see if your lenses will autofocus though, i know with the consumer bodies, all lenses don't autofocus sometimes.

comp is way too tight.

DAT NEW WEBSITE THO

flickr
INSTA

#5817 dick fitzwell

dick fitzwell

droppin shit like some horses

• 7,451 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

just bought a camera and starting to learn the ins and outs. been reading up on ISO settings for digital cameras a little but still don't really understand. could someone explain how they affect the photo and what is best to use for different circumstances?
BRIGHTON & HOVE SKATEBOARDING YOUTUBE CHANNEL WET SUSSEX INTERVIEW AND INFO

follow the path forums.skateperception.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=89278&view=findpost&p=1364996

I don't really wear tight pants anymore, I stick to loose fit Express Jeans.

#5818 nickvespe

nickvespe

• Die Hard
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

just bought a camera and starting to learn the ins and outs. been reading up on ISO settings for digital cameras a little but still don't really understand. could someone explain how they affect the photo and what is best to use for different circumstances?

iso is the film or sensors sensitivity to light.
don't get it confused with how much ambient light is let in by the shutter speed or how much actual light is let in by the aperture of the lens.
iso creates noise. noise is created because the film needs larger crystals to capture more light or the sensor is really pushing its limits and creating noise to add available light to. the only reason you should have to raise it is if you can reduce the iso in post processing in lightroom and you HAVE to shoot in a dark space. typically you want to avoid shooting past 1000 iso on most common digital cameras. but some higher end ones handle the iso so well. i typically shoot at 100-400 iso. if you use high ISO the compensation is you lose quality and gain noise. it really is a factor you don't want to mess with until you've dialed in the necessary aperture and shutter speed.

comp is way too tight.

DAT NEW WEBSITE THO

flickr
INSTA

#5819 Hypnotizedd

Hypnotizedd
  • Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

The higher the iso, the more light you can use to get a photo in low light sitations, but it causes grain.

I always try and shoot at 100 iso, (bright out)

somtimes indoors i shoot at 400 iso (enough light to get the shot out)

at night i shoot 3400 iso (dark out)

#5820 dick fitzwell

dick fitzwell

droppin shit like some horses

• 7,451 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:27 AM

ahh right i get it now. thanks guys
BRIGHTON & HOVE SKATEBOARDING YOUTUBE CHANNEL WET SUSSEX INTERVIEW AND INFO

follow the path forums.skateperception.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=89278&view=findpost&p=1364996

I don't really wear tight pants anymore, I stick to loose fit Express Jeans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users