I feel this video deserves a discussion given the degree of production that went into it given the audience of this site.
What are your thoughts on it? I'm still pretty torn.
- Always a Ty Evans fan even if I don't like every last piece of his work, more so in the past few years but I think he's helped push the creative boundaries that at minimum trickles down to dudes that even make your basic vx video
- Independent project - everybody that broke themselves off knew that they were gonna get an over-the-top production from Ty and weren't roped into participation via their sponsor.
- Self funded... I have a difficult time wrapping my head around how that was possible, especially considering a van and multiple engine failures worked their way into the budget
- The skating was pretty insane
- It's re-watchability for me is pretty low... I ordered it and had a few friends over, we watched it once then hit a few select parts again and that was that
- Some of the weird imagery scenes went on far beyond how long I thought they would, especially the 360 cam stuff would have been really neat if shrunk down
- The transitions were beat to death in Michael Pulizzi's, was impossible to watch again
Overall, I'm glad he's still doing what he does