SkatePerception

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toshzayha

Ramped Slow Mo In Adobe Premiere

Im shure that some of you have already figured this out but i didnt see a thread on it so i decided to do one.

Enjoy!

First off you need to open a new project in adobe premiere

Then you need to import the clip you want to be ramped

Once its imported drag the clip on to the timeline

Locate the spot where you want to start the slow mo and select the razor tool© on the timeline window

Cut the clip where you decided to start the slow mo with the razor tool and do the exact same thing but for where you want the slow mo to end

Move the last clip on the timeline(farthest to the right) to the opposite video channel (to get it out of the way)

Right click on the clip the will be slow moed and select "speed"

Choose the desired speed of the clip and click "OK"

Once youv decided on a speed for the clip move the clip that you moved to the other video channel back to the original channel it was in

Then you can export the timeline to make it one video clip and then import it back into premiere and use it in a video

I know its not the best ramped slow mo, but for those of us that cant affort after effects its a good substitute.

I hope that this helped you as much as it has helped me. Have fun!

thats not ramped slow mo.

I know that its not technically "ramped" but it does give the effect that it is, and you could also cut up the clip to make multiple clips and gradually decrease the speed with each clip, and then speed it back up again but that takes way to long.

I know that its not technically "ramped" but it does give the effect that it is, and you could also cut up the clip to make multiple clips and gradually decrease the speed with each clip, and then speed it back up again but that takes way to long.

Not to be a huge pain. But it's not even "untechnically" ramped slow mo. It just starts fast, goes immediately to slow, then goes fast again. You don't get that audio slowdown or anything. I used to use this method with vegas and it's just regular slow motion. The only way to do it is how you said up there, which is cut the thing into 200309338 small parts.

no, what you do is slice up the section between the pop and land into like 30 pieces, making each piece slower each time... and then right before the land you do the opposite, making each little snippet faster until its 100% again

but its still not real ramped slowmo unless its in after effects or motion

ya, nothing beats after effects for ramped slow mo's but i do it this way because i have no other choice and its better than nothing at all

You don't have to export it then re import it to use.

I know, i said that becuase its a lot easier working with the exported version becuase it becomes one clip and you can move it around faster rather than moving several different clips. Its just way easier

its really not that hard to put together a clip. then decide what you want slomo and do what you said.

I guess it doesn't slow motion the sound, as mobieus stated in the ramped slow mo topic.

Edit: This technique also isn't a proper ramped slow motion.

I guess it doesn't slow motion the sound, as mobieus stated in the ramped slow mo topic.

Edit: This technique also isn't a proper ramped slow motion.

It does slow mo the sound, and for the millionth time in know this isnt a "real" ramped slow mo, i stated that it gives the effect of a ramped slow mo, and i also stated that its meant for people who cant afford after effects but want the ramped slow mo effect. I will prove to everyone once and for all that it only gives the ILLUSION that its a ramped slow, you can be the judge of whether its ligit or not, but it definitly works for me and im happy with it. Heres a clip that i used this technique to slow mo it.

http://media.putfile.com/Premiere-Slow-Mo

thats just straight cut slomo. it doesnt give an illusion because its not ramped at all. i donno what your tryna say

It doesnt looked like or give the impression of a ramped slo-mo. It looks like a normal slo-mo. No-one would do a regular slo-mo any different to that. It does look nice though.