SkatePerception
flipsrowleykid

How To Defend Yourself And Your Camera....

i was getting jumped by this dude at the skatepark and ended up karatechopping him all the f--kin way to the hospital

good thing Im from a small town, I dont need to worry about this unless Im in the "bad" part of town, and there's basicly no spots there

[quote name='FlipSkate667' post='1719754' date='May 24 2007, 11:24 PM']Yes i believe i said aim for the nose in their somewhere.[/quote]
once i was fucking with my dad like punching him in the kidney and shit and he turned ariund and i dont think he ment to hit me but somehow i got punched in the nose and i started gushing blood, i was down for about 2 minnutes and coulndt see for like 30 seconds seriously aim for the nose a hard punch will put the attaker down

I remember overlooking this when it was first posted, but I never really paid too much attention to it. Looking back, all of these little tips really will save your life and your future. this should be posted on more places than just sp. I mean, a lot more people should be reading this.

well if your homo, you can beat him with your wood, if you know what I mean.

the picture in my mind went from a kid walking down a sunny road to a dark alley getting shot at running like a slalomist

EDIT- 'Make', that was really gay and not funny at all

[quote name='FlipSkate667' post='1580467' date='Mar 14 2007, 07:32 PM']In the recent events on SP, about cameras being jacked...people getting hurt...such as DVXDEATH's recent tradgedy with his camera and getting jumped; I have decided to take the time and make a post about how to defend yourself, and signs of danger to look for. Hope this helps, and please take the time to read...It can really help.

Signs of danger to look for...
-If your walking to somewhere, and you notice someone following you, keep turning around to watch them, so the attacker knows you have acknolowedged their presence.
-If you see a sketchy person looking at you, look at them, and look around to see if the attacker has anymore buddies with him.
-If someone in a car pulls over to you, and either asks for directions or something else...please use common sense, and do not go up to the car to tell them...stay far back from the car and tell them, do not get within arms reach of them.
-PLEASE USE COMMON SENSE, using common sense or street smarts can really save your life. Think before you act.
Ways to defend yourself and things to do when getting mugged...
-Number one thing to do, always travel with a group of people!!, if an attacker sees you just by yourself and no one else, you are more prone and vulnerable.
-This might sound a little stupid to people, but USE THE BUDDY SYSTEM! It doesnt matter how old you are...You do not let someone leave your group and travel somewhere by themselves (especially in an area you are not fimilar with and looks sketchy).
-Although you can take knives with you, it is not one of the smartest things to bring along, because if you are getting mugged or attacked, For one the attacker most likely knows how to use a knife better than you (or whatever the weapon is). And if you pull out a knife, they will most likely pull out something bigger and worse.
-When you are attacking someone and trying to get away, ALWAYS AIM FOR THE FACE, the first spot you should aim for on the face is the nose, it is the best spot to disable an attacker (but do not hit the attackers nose going upwards because then it will cause the bone in the nose to go into the attackers brain and kill them) Just hit his nose straight on, if not the nose, then aim for the teeth....yes the teeth, we all know how painful getting a tooth pulled or root canal is....yea well picture that except 100X worse. The last resort you should use is attacking the eyes, because no matter how bad the attacker is....come on, the eyes? thats just cruel. And whoever thinks of hitting the ball area (if its a guy attacker), probably about 90% of the time....they will catch your foot, twist it, and youll be screwed. Also the elbow is the hardest bone in the body, if you are in trouble and your elbow is exposed...USE IT! IT HURTS!
-If a mugger comes up to you and asks for your stuff, CLEARLY tell them...that....Ok Iam Leaving, heres my stuff....Give them your stuff..Your items are not as valuable as your OWN LIFE!!...then walk away...BUT DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK...I dont care how dumb it looks, walk backwards and keep facing the attacker...while your facing him, just look around to see if any of his buddies are around that might try to pull something....I REPEAT I DONT CARE HOW DUMB IT LOOKS, DO NOT TURN AROUND!!.
-If you get mugged or attacked, if you are near an ATM go to it and call the police on your phone...Why you ask? use commong sense here...think for a second....What do ATM's ALWAYS HAVE? They always have cameras!, if an attacker goes after you and follows you, and you go to an ATM if they beat you up (hopefully not) they are on camera!.
-Also another smart thing to do...If you are running away from an attacker/mugger I dont care how embarrased you are or how bad your voice sucks....YOU SCREAM YOUR HEAD OFF! the last thing an attacker wants its to have attention drawn to them!
Weapons to bring along...
-Their are many weapons that people do not think of that are better than knives, or guns. and PLEASE READ THIS...when you are getting mugged or attacked, you do not stay and fight the attacker(PLEASE DO NOT TRY AND BE LIKE CHUCK NORRIS AND STAY TO TRY AND KICK THE PERSONS ASS), you disable them and run like a fat kid that sees willy wonkas chocolate factory .
- a carribeaner (hopefully i spelt that right) and a TON OF KEYS attached to that, because not only when you attack the face of the attacker that it hurts like hell, but it will leave marks on the attackers face that police can then identify later and hopefully arrest the attacker. (never though of that did you?)
-I did not think of this until i saw a post here on SP about it, 6cell maglight flashlights not only hurt like hell, they are very long, and can keep some sort of distance between you and the attacker.
-A wrapper filled with coins, Put it in your first, it works just as well as brass knuckles and hurt like hell!
-Although you can use pepper spray or mace (although illegal in some areas) it can sometimes be the dumbest thing to do. Ever think that pepper spray or mace could come back and hit you in the face? yes....wind, when your under pressure you may not even notice that their is wind, and when you spray...its coming right back at you.

Cop Trouble
-You think cops can help you? not always. When a cop comes by and asks what happens, you tell them. If the cops asks for your name and were you live...you tell them. If the cops ask anything else, you should always say.....Iam not saying anything I want my parents. I dont even care if they ask what your favorite color is, you polietly say Iam not saying anything i want my parents.. Please do not get this confused by resisting arrest. If a cop tells you to get in their car...you get in the damn car, the last thing you would want at this point is a resisting arrest charge.
-Also here is a handy hint if you are in a cop car, and they offer you a drink (such as water, coffee, etc) DO NOT TAKE IT...Its not that it would be poisinous, its that if you drink it, and they keep offering more and you keep taking it....your eventually going to have to go to the bathroom, and guess what? the police wont let you stop to use a bathroom until you tell them answers.
-DO NOT GET ME WRONG, iam not saying cops are horrible people (they are when they kick you out of skate spots ) But if they ask you your name,age,where you live,what happened, you answer it!...anything else say Iam not saying anything i want my parents. Because the last things your parents need, are charges on your sorry ass. (this applies to people underage)

Underage weaponry...
-If you are underage, and caught with weapons that are illegal, (even though it would be considered self-defense), you are still probably going to be charged.

Edit: A few more tips:
1. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car (god forbid), kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out of the hole and start waving like crazy, the driver wont see you, but everybody else will. Also Pretty much all cars have a little pull tab that glows in the dark to open the trunk nowadays, but keep this in mind also.
2.If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN!...the predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times, and even then, it most likely WILL NOT hit a vital organ, just run! preferablly in a zig zag pattern.
-I really truely hope that this does not happen to people, but iam sad to say that we live in a world, that these things do happen.
-And please use common sense, always pay attention to things around you..always look over your shoulder to see if someones watching....Yes it is a sad thing to say, but the world as made us resort to these things to do.
-I really took the time to type this up so please take the time to read it.
-If their is anything else i can think of i will post it.

Hope this helps[/quote]

a lot runs through a mind when your about to get fucked up,
and everything you should have done goes through your mind afterwards,
i hope i can remember all of this if it ever happens to me.

[quote name='FlipSkate667' post='1580467' date='Mar 14 2007, 07:32 PM']the predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times[/quote]
Where did you get this statistic?

Gas stations as well have cameras littered everywhere.

Some dude tried to jack my friends shit right next to a gas station. The guy was caught about 20 minutes later lmao.

ya you can also buy these things offline that look like a small dildo key chain but they are martial arts weapons. you can keep one in your key chain or w.e and if someone attacks you just hit them in the thigh or somewhere sensitive. my friends mom has one and she got robbed in a parking lot and she hit the guy in the leg with it and hit him in the temple and he was out. she got in her car and merked.

damn i was going to buy a knife to carry around with me. this thread changed my mind. im going to save this thread to my favorites, read it again tomorrow, and then steal-proff my self. this was the most helpful thread i have read on here. i have been really scared about my stuff getting stolen because imm only 14. sam s you did a very good job making this. this NEEDS to be pinned