SkatePerception

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

melloweye

B & W Or Color.. Plus Some Fruitbootin...

Colm_50_side_bw.jpg

Colm_50_side.jpg

decided to try out a bw film look. but what do you think is better on this photo, bw or color?

IMG_3746.jpg

bs flip over the rail. Doha, Qatar

CRW_2814_RJ.jpg

CRW_2858_RJ.jpg

CRW_2853_RJ.jpg

CRW_2852_RJ.jpg

CRW_2862_RJ.jpg

maysamfilmer.jpg

maysamfilmer_salam.jpg

Fruitbooters! yes i know, would have looked so much better if they had skateboards under their feet! :huh: but tell me what you think anyways..

Personally i reckon that looks alot better in colour. All the different shades and tones work really well in that pic. All teh clean, blank surfaces make it really calming.

The rest of the pics are good aswell :huh:

I like the black and white way better. The colors in that photo just aren't interesting.

I liked them all, the only thing i didnt like was in the first one, how the ledge kind of blended in with the other ledge behind it, maybe it's just me, but other than that, very good and creative.

thanks for the feedback!

yeah, i wanted to shoot some photos of rollerblading here, just for the heck of it.. because itd be different. some of them are cool guys, so i was happy to take some shots. plus, i was satisfied with the results i got. that was a crazy scene, so many people were gathering to watch these guys skate. They are all shipping-men, from Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan...

I actually did a tiny bit of editing on the BW photo... i brushed in some darkness in the corners of the photo. then i lassoed the ledge he is grinding and brush in a little darkness on the edges of that to try and make it stand out more. i didnt want to over kill it though.

haha, skating doesnt always draw big crowds here like that.. most people like watching it though. but some people yell at you, and that always sucks. because usually you gotta just leave when that happens.

Oh by the way, haha, im living in the middle east, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

and that 5-0 was executed over 20 times, by Colm. hes an avid perceptioner!

wow, that 5-0 is fuckin rad, i like the color one so mcuh better. fuckin sick.

edit - colm your sick, if your in cardiff give me an IM

I just realised you were probably being sarcastic. And i shouldn't have let it get to me. Sorry for calling you a dumbass.

first off i like the b & w but it looks to me you photoshoped it. if you did next time actully use b & w film the contrast will kick the shit.

yeah, i mentioned that i played with it in photoshop.

im using digital right now.