SkatePerception
PatrickD

Patrickd's Guide To Everything Medium Format

[quote name='sheeep' post='1694417' date='May 11 2007, 03:49 AM']Throw in somewhere that a "normal" lens is an 80mm for 120 film. Annd I'm pretty sure you need an 80mm lens for enlargers to print it.[/quote]
I think you need a 150mm for your enlarger, or atleast that is the norm.

[quote name='Warren Foster' post='1694703' date='May 11 2007, 11:25 AM']I think you need a 150mm for your enlarger, or atleast that is the norm.[/quote]

Nah, I think you need an 80mm cause for 35mm you use a 50mm. I did however make a ghetto neg holder out of two sheets of glass and printed some 35mm MF shots using a 50mm?

You can't just rip shit from Wikipedia. And you didn't mention (maybe, fuck reading all that) the two compelling reasons to go MF from a skate photography POV:

1/500 flash sync,
Shallower depth of field.

Enlargements is arguable, because most stuff won't be blown up past mag size.

So, in conclusion, lunch time.

Ok, I figured this should go in here, so I dont have to make a new thread cluttering things up.

My Bronica 120 back has a light leak, I cant tell where it's coming from, but I know its there. So, do I need to buy a new back and a new instert, or just a replacement back?

you don't need a 80mm to print 120 if your enlarger has a bellow system between the lamp and the film. Or the film and the lens, I don't remember, I have been out of the darkroom for too long.

He organized information that people obviously are too lazy to search for, into one convienient thread, and even STATED that he didnt actually write most of it, it was wiki/other members. and youre giving him shit? grow up. stop. he did everyone a favor.

He's not trying to say he wrote all that shit himself. He's just trying to help people out, Jesus.

[quote name='Elston Gunn' post='1694396' date='May 11 2007, 05:49 AM']Is there any reason to not get a 503cx over a 500cm?[/quote]
Seriously, someone answer this.

From what I've seen, a 503cx would be just as nice if not nicer then 500cms. They're newer, and on Keh right now, you can get a 503cx for cheeper than a 500cm body.

the 500cx is just a newer 500cm I think, it has like ttl and bullshit like that that you will probably never use. Newer means better condition and more reliable, but it must have more electronics than a 500cm.

[quote name='Elston Gunn' post='1694396' date='May 11 2007, 11:49 AM']Is there any reason to not get a 503cx over a 500cm?[/quote]
Theyre chrome...

Who cares if it is the right one for you, its a fucking hassy.

[quote name='jmcnulty' post='1694800' date='May 11 2007, 02:47 PM']Ok, I figured this should go in here, so I dont have to make a new thread cluttering things up.

My Bronica 120 back has a light leak, I cant tell where it's coming from, but I know its there. So, do I need to buy a new back and a new instert, or just a replacement back?[/quote]

Anyone?

heres some helpfull facts umm
1.when buying a hassy make sure its chrome.
2.dont listen to fagots

hmm. don't listen to fagots. definitely something you should keep in mind when buying a hasselblad. ? hahaha

[quote name='OZ' post='1697207' date='May 13 2007, 04:37 PM']2.dont listen to fagots[/quote]

joking D MAN!!

[quote name='OZ' post='1697207' date='May 13 2007, 08:37 AM']2.dont listen to fagots[/quote]
wrong forum...

any one got a favorite site to buy one? cus i want the setup, body, back, and lense and ya... compatible with my vivi.

Advantage of black hassys-when they come in bgn condition with a few nicks and scratches all it takes is 10 minutes with a black sharpie to bring it up to ex condition.
  • Like 1