SkatePerception
PatrickD

Patrickd's Guide To Everything Medium Format

I've got no clue if this has been answered already or not, but I'll ask.

What would a beginner to MF package be, like the camera, lens, backs, film.. etc. Like what scanner, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bronica (645 or SQ-A), 75 or 80mm lens (dependant on camera you get), 120 or 220 back, any film you want to shoot. There are a bunch of scanners, I think the best bang for your buck is the epson 4490 refurbished from epson for 100 bucks.

Bronica (645 or SQ-A), 75 or 80mm lens (dependant on camera you get), 120 or 220 back, any film you want to shoot. There are a bunch of scanners, I think the best bang for your buck is the epson 4490 refurbished from epson for 100 bucks.

Thanks dude.

I was looking at an SQ-a/i

I've never shot film so how does it work, shoot>develop>scan? Or is it more/less complicated?

Thanks dude.

I was looking at an SQ-a/i

I've never shot film so how does it work, shoot>develop>scan? Or is it more/less complicated?

That's it, but developing you will either have to do it yourself or send it out. Other than that "complexity" you got it.

maybe this was asked before but i couldn't find anything...

i want to load 35mm film in a bronica 120 back. any tips on how to do this?

so far i found this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boncey/232772...in/photostream/

is there a way to mod the film spool to hold the 35mm cassette or something like that? links etc. appreciated.

i'm not gonna buy a 35mm back.

Yo what mf cameras shoot faster than 1/1000 besides the Mamiya 645af series??

You'll need to only look for the systems that have the shutter in the body vs. in the lens. As far as I know, the leaf shutters only go as fast as 1/500.

The Hasselblad 2000 and 200 series I believe will both shoot faster than 1/1000.

Correction, after a small amount of research the 200 series is 1/1000 and 2000 series is 1/2000. You may want to speak with the user Curtis. about his (now paper weight) 2000 series. He can probably give you a good review although it will probably have a hint of negativity as a result of jamming.

Thanks!

You'll need to only look for the systems that have the shutter in the body vs. in the lens. As far as I know, the leaf shutters only go as fast as 1/500.

The Hasselblad 2000 and 200 series I believe will both shoot faster than 1/1000.

Correction, after a small amount of research the 200 series is 1/1000 and 2000 series is 1/2000. You may want to speak with the user Curtis. about his (now paper weight) 2000 series. He can probably give you a good review although it will probably have a hint of negativity as a result of jamming.

Yo what mf cameras shoot faster than 1/1000 besides the Mamiya 645af series??

The only other MF system I've seen that has 1/1000 sec. leaf shutter lenses is the newer Rollei stuff - PQS series I think. Otherwise, a Super Speed Graphic if you must have it.

The only other MF system I've seen that has 1/1000 sec. leaf shutter lenses is the newer Rollei stuff - PQS series I think. Otherwise, a Super Speed Graphic if you must have it.

Yes - I have a Rollei 6000 series camera that goes up to 1/1000. In addition to auto exposure and auto film advance the 6008 Professional also has auto focus which is pretty neat.