SkatePerception

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VX1_Skate

The Zone System Topic

I thought that since incident meters automatically put anything at zone 5 and to put the black shirt at zone 3 you would underexpose two stops. But yeah, it does seem like the whole scene would be off. I don't know, this is confusing.

I thought that since incident meters automatically put anything at zone 5 and to put the black shirt at zone 3 you would underexpose two stops. But yeah, it does seem like the whole scene would be off. I don't know, this is confusing.

I am not completely sure on this, but I think that you might be thinking of spot metering.

Okay i'm going to attempt the leap into spot metering after christmas (im getting ansel adam's books as well as a meter and a spot attachment) This may seem stupid but a spot meter, does this still give off a reading of zone V? Im pretty sure it does and the only difference between a spot attachment and a regular meter is the accuracy And that a spot meter covers a much smaller area? Please correct me if im wrong, If i get this part down i think i can do this.