SkatePerception
flipsrowleykid

A Quick And Easy Beginners Guide To The Panasonic Dvx100a

[quote][b]Audio[/b]
-Ok then, now to the audio, if you look at the picture once again you will see 2 dials. To set the audio properly. Turn on the camera and go into the menu…then to recording setup. Click on audio rec, and set the audio to 48k (16bit). Now look through the viewfinder, Have someone pop an ollie on a hard surface (this is just if you are using the DVX for skating), and adjust the dials, until the audio levels inside the viewfinder get halfway in the red section.). Now go back to the menu…and back to recording setup, then go to Mic Alc and click On….Next go to Mic gain 1 and click -60dB, do that for Mic Gain 2 as well……go to TC mode click DF…go to TCG click REC RUN…go to first rec tc click regen. Then go down to UB mode and click user. Then go to interval rec and click off. Then go to Rec time and set it to 0.5s. Then interval time set it to 10m. If you set all of these to what I said you will get a nice crisp audio for your DVX100A[/quote]

Hey, i got the DVX100b, not the a. So i got a few questions about this. First off, when i go to the menu and change the audio to 48k (16bit), no audio levels are inside the viewfinder for me to adjust the dials with. But i obviously have the dails outside the camera, but not "meter that you want me to get halfway in the red section" with. So it's impossible for me to do that. Also, after i got all the other stuff i realized that theres no "INTERVAL REC" to click off. Could you please guide me to fix these problems please? I got everything else except fixing the audio (meter), and the interval settings (both interval things).

Thanks a lot.

EDIT: Wow, i hope im not right about this. But i did a quick search on google and found out DVX100b doesnt have the interval settings i guess?

EDIT2: Well, even though i havent found the interval settings yet, i finally found out how to get the meter to display up (even though so far i can't understand it, not your average meter).

The dvx100b doesn't have interval recording because they changed the tape transport and the new one isn't compatible with what ever it was the 100p and 100a was compatible with.

stoked, mine should come tomorrow, now for the audio... i would imagine u would stand and have them pop the ollie from where you will be filming... so if long lens, have them pop the ollie from that far away? and same with fish..

seems like a lot of work for the audio.. do you have to set it like that every single time? or do some of the settings save?

and
heres some good scene files, depending on what your shooting
[url="http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=101419"]http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=101419[/url]

[quote name='Paul Overstrom' post='2223839' date='Mar 4 2008, 09:29 PM']stoked, mine should come tomorrow, now for the audio... i would imagine u would stand and have them pop the ollie from where you will be filming... so if long lens, have them pop the ollie from that far away? and same with fish..
seems like a lot of work for the audio.. do you have to set it like that every single time? or do some of the settings save?
and
heres some good scene files, depending on what your shooting
[url="http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=101419"]http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=101419[/url][/quote]

Most of the time I just left it where it was at, but it is better to set it all the time when you have them pop. Yea, when setting it fish, go as close to them as you would filming the trick, and the same with longlens.

when i did samS's audio trickz

after the initial in cam setup... the only thing i touched or changed was the dials on the side.

i would go straight up and down (pionting up) for LL

and 45 degree angle. pointing forward .. for fisheye..

worked out SUPER good. (aside from the usual muffled dvx audio)

[quote name='nikesb23' post='1802288' date='Jul 10 2007, 12:29 AM']Every single picture is out of focus..
why...[/quote]

such a debbie downer

sam this is real good, props. good luck with the dvx. trader <_<

[quote name='sebastian' post='2263162' date='Mar 25 2008, 01:41 PM']such a debbie downer
sam this is real good, props. good luck with the dvx. trader <_<[/quote]

haha :lol:

damn it feels good to be a gangster.

a real dvx gangster .....

heres something helpful that i dont remember if its in this thread....

the save your scene file button, right before i playback a clip for the homedizzles... i scrooll down thru the scene file, and save it. so that i dont lose my butter colors, in case of more hammers going down... very useful feature...

oh, and slo mo playback can be acheived, but you need to use the remote to do it...

[quote name='chinchillzz' post='2938581' date='Feb 7 2009, 05:00 PM']thank god for this.[/quote]
This just helped me so much. B) SamS

I just got my dvx 100b a couple months ago, i bought a fisheye for it, i was wondering if there are any shot gun microphones that won't show up in the fisheye?