SkatePerception

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SteveLaClair

Rip Derek Gertz

i want him to get online so bad right now.

I wish, It'd be a much welcomed "owned" for all of us.

We should make a 3rd SP Montage, and dedicate it to him. And have it edited in a creative style like his videos are.

Word to that doyle, after watching his videos, everyone should be able to have plenty of inspiration.

yeah, someone really should make a well edited tribute video. ive got the .mpg of his day in the life downloaded from the day he posted it. if someone wants to get that underway ill send it to them.

god so many thoughts are already running through my head for a tribute video. like using one of his mixes for the music in the video. i wish there was a way we could get someone to go to his house and get the mixes/any other footage of him he may have had on there. ahhhhhhhhhhh

There is a friend of his/someone he skated with who goes on this site. His name escapes me, but hes from DC and he filmed that clip of him at that foundation spot. His avatar is red. Maybe he could introduce himself to his dad, and see what he can get from his computer.

"i'm probably going to make some- no, i'm definitely going to make some French bread pizzas which take about thirty minutes to cook." that's the best thing i've ever heard. i hope Derek is enjoying some French bread pizzas right now.

Yea, man I just can't get over this.

ive been running through all of the footage in my head hes showed me in the past and there is one little 'tage that sticks out hte most where he tre flips this HUGE gap. i wasnt expecting it at all and he flipped it soooo good and landed bolts and everything. i wish i had saved all of this to my hd.

ill think about this in the most positive way possible, i hope that he's really just broken out of the matrix and entered the real world.

He made this back in the day, I've had this on my computer for the last few years, it always gives me a little chuckle everytime I see it. Not to mention explaining "wtf" when somebody is going through my iPhoto.

54.jpg

ill think about this in the most dex way possible, i hope that he's really just broken out of the matrix and entered the real world.

edited

He made this back in the day, I've had this on my computer for the last few years, it always gives me a little chuckle everytime I see it. Not to mention explaining "wtf" when somebody is going through my iPhoto.

54.jpg

hahahaha, it seems like i remember that being posted when you took AG away. then we all bitched and AAG was founded.

hahahaha, it seems like i remember that being posted when you took AG away. then we all bitched and AAG was founded.

I can't remember, I know it was years ago.

this is so fucked up. as soon as i saw "Rip Derek Gertz", i figured it was a joke, as did we all. then i read into it more and thought it would be from a drug overdose or something, but no. it was from skateboarding. what the hell are the odds of that? he does all this fucked up shit that just kills his body slowly, and SKATEBOARDING has to be the thing that kills him. he was one epic dude, and he's gonna be missed by 20,000 people who have never even met him.

the rumor is that he did it skateboarding. it hasnt been confirmed.

and i used my 1337 skillz and found this from the picture steve posted.

http://home.comcast.net/~derektastic/

take note of my avatar

yeah tons of good shit there. I'm gonna get something on the main site, that was the picture i was going to use.

Fuck this place. I Can't wait to wake up with some new memories of shit that never happened. Though I'll likely be just as pissed off over in the next universe, at least everyone won't be waving around pictures of stupid old motherfuckers I never met but are somehow 100 percent trustworthy.

He got his wish. Atleast we know that he is happy. Read that thread, the one I took that quote from. It makes me feel really good.

i got a chance to skate with him once or twice, its so surreal to think that a normal dude not too different then any of us just died, from skateboarding none the less. it really is an eye opener. after going through the motions of life for so long you forget how quickly it can all end. hopefully everyone here can step back for a second and think about their own lives and if they really are living it to the fullest. i don't really know what else to say except that cancel sandwich will always be one of my most epic memories from SP. thanks for the good storied dude. rip.

http://forums.skateperception.com/index.ph...c=38959&hl=