SkatePerception
DorsaSkateFL

Self Developing Your Own Blockbuster Videogame

yeah I am. this photo has a little tighter grain than normal but I would just like to get a stronger

developer that's better for developing at high ISO ...if that's a thing I'm not sure if there are

specifics for this kinda thing

For Delta 3200, try Ilfotec DD-X. I've processed many dozens of rolls using this combo, particularly in 120 format and the results are good. DD-X is a fine grain developer that's suitable for all films in the Delta lineup as well as my personal fave, Pan F Plus. DD-X is what Ilford recommends for most of its pro films, plus it's a liquid so it's easy to work with. If you're working with slower films, Ilfosol is also a good choice, but I always liked DD-X because it works well with everything that Ilford makes. Like most high speed films, the true ISO of Delta 3200 is closer to 800 if you're looking in shadow areas. I think if you actually want to shoot it at EI 3200, you'll be developing for close to 20 minutes from what I remember. I found generally all of Ilford's pro films to be "slow", so I liked to rate them all at least a stop slower than their advertised speed to get good printable shadows. Of course, if you like high contrast, that's not necessary. Delta 3200 has noticeably finer grain than the T-Max equivalent, so it was always my choice for high speed.

• Like 1

For Delta 3200, try Ilfotec DD-X. I've processed many dozens of rolls using this combo, particularly in 120 format and the results are good. DD-X is a fine grain developer that's suitable for all films in the Delta lineup as well as my personal fave, Pan F Plus. DD-X is what Ilford recommends for most of its pro films, plus it's a liquid so it's easy to work with. If you're working with slower films, Ilfosol is also a good choice, but I always liked DD-X because it works well with everything that Ilford makes. Like most high speed films, the true ISO of Delta 3200 is closer to 800 if you're looking in shadow areas. I think if you actually want to shoot it at EI 3200, you'll be developing for close to 20 minutes from what I remember. I found generally all of Ilford's pro films to be "slow", so I liked to rate them all at least a stop slower than their advertised speed to get good printable shadows. Of course, if you like high contrast, that's not necessary. Delta 3200 has noticeably finer grain than the T-Max equivalent, so it was always my choice for high speed.

oh word, i will check out that developer as well! ist rated for 11 and thats usually what i do.i might try and start over developing though i guess...

i've pushed hp5 to 1600 in hc110

it's generally not known to be a fine grain dev but i think dilution b (1:32) really helps cut down grain? lemme try to find example.

these are full size scans from a grocery store minilab, i would have edited these images, but i wasn't applying sharpening at the time. anyway they should give you a decent idea of what hc110 dilution b with hp5 shot at and pushed to 1600.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1090/5104914957_3c11b1b81a_o.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1249/5105519862_db22202723_o.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1420/5104917885_cb39519060_o.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1165/5105509100_803dd8209c_o.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4144/5105512110_28400cbfc7_o.jpg

okay cool thanks. i might check it out bc i think thats what that matt day guy uses to push

try a higher dilution like 1:14 and do very gentle agitations. I don't know much about the differences in developers but from my own experience, higher dilutions and longer developing times tend to be less harsh on the grain

okay cool, i was wondering about those as well. wont it be like 50 mins of developing since its weaker though?

okay cool, i was wondering about those as well. wont it be like 50 mins of developing since its weaker though?

naw, get Massive Dev Chart if you haven't yet. Delta 3200 with Ilfosol 3 at 1:9 has a dev time of 17 minutes.

naw, get Massive Dev Chart if you haven't yet. Delta 3200 with Ilfosol 3 at 1:9 has a dev time of 17 minutes.

the website says 11!!!! i am gonna get it rn though haha.

Try Rodinal 1+100 90min semi stand for pushing 400-1600. Haven't tried it with HP5, but I guess it should work.

Try Rodinal 1+100 90min semi stand for pushing 400-1600. Haven't tried it with HP5, but I guess it should work.

is a stand where you dont touch it at all?