SkatePerception
DorsaSkateFL

Self Developing Your Own Blockbuster Videogame

whats teh point of developing with your wee wee?

Sometimes is can create really cool effects on the negative but most of the time it does not. It depends on what you have been eating and drinking. Try it out sometime.

my photo teacher likes to tell me to fix for 7 minutes...ilol

O.o?! does he want you to get fixer stains?! or does he do some extra dilution to the fixer?

O.o?! does he want you to get fixer stains?! or does he do some extra dilution to the fixer?

It depends highly on the fixer/film combination. WIth the fixer i use most often i have to fix for 8 minutes with filmes such as T-max and Fuji Acros as it is what the manufacturer instructs.

You don't have to dump developer after using it. I've used mine to process 20 rolls already, after every 5 rolls or so you just add a little time to your processing time. About 30 seconds. About time to mix some more, though.

You don't have to dump developer after using it. I've used mine to process 20 rolls already, after every 5 rolls or so you just add a little time to your processing time. About 30 seconds. About time to mix some more, though.

what developer are you using?

what dilution?

i just got given a durst M302 colour 35mm enlager, jobo CPE2 color processor kit and all other darkroom supplies.

i was wondering what you guys thing i should do. set it all up in the atti and make a color lab, now. or store it and wait till im in uni and recive formal traning on how to do it?

use it for black and white now and uni when you can get training, ive got a color one but i use it for my black and white.

quick question. i pushed some hp5 to 800 and iw as wondering how long i should develop it for, i was thinking 9 mins or so. i use fotospeed fd10 developer btw.

quick question. i pushed some hp5 to 800 and iw as wondering how long i should develop it for, i was thinking 9 mins or so. i use fotospeed fd10 developer btw.

Film Developer Dilution ASA/ISO 35mm 120 Sheet Temp Notes

HP5+ FD10 1+9 400 7 7 7 20C

HP5+ FD10 1+14 400 11 11 11 20C

Do the math.

Got a colour enlarger, and got my darkroom set up finally, well pretty much, just gotta hang the red lights up and get some heating in there. But I want to develop colour as well as b&w, is it pretty hard? I take it its a bit tricky as not many seem to do it themselves?

the whole trick with color (referring to c41) is keeping temperature consistent.

just buy a little kit that comes with the chemicals.

i wear gloves and i think that is okay. if you have a good tank you wont really be making a mess.

I wear gloves with b&w negative developing also.

Color darkroom basically has to be pitch black. I don't know, do tray developing for ra-4 would suck, I like being able to just run it through a paper processor. Consistency is a big deal with color, unless you're all for color shifts. Or chasing magentas in your shadows or something. Having a machine do the paper processing, ra-4 process is already really tedious, and time consuming. You can easily spend a few hours trying to balance one print. Can't really imagine doing tray development, along with it being your first time doing it; shit will be intense.

So how many rolls would you guys reuse everything?

I use ifosol s, ilford stop, ilford fix, and kodak flo.

i've used my chemicals for almost a year now. you just need to develop a couple seconds more each time you reuse it. and make sure you keep your chemicals in nice, air-tight containers.

EDIT: i was lurking apug and found THIS

for my question: when printing, how do you know how many seconds to expose the paper? do you guys do the test paper like THIS

i've used my chemicals for almost a year now. you just need to develop a couple seconds more each time you reuse it. and make sure you keep your chemicals in nice, air-tight containers.

EDIT: i was lurking apug and found THIS

for my question: when printing, how do you know how many seconds to expose the paper? do you guys do the test paper like THIS

thanks homie! I'll google the lifespan of ifosol, but do you know how long I should use errything else?

thanks homie! I'll google the lifespan of ifosol, but do you know how long I should use errything else?

i wouldn't worry about it too much. until you start to see your negatives getting worse. like i said, i've had my chemicals for almost a year, and they're still fine.