SkatePerception
DorsaSkateFL

Self Developing Your Own Blockbuster Videogame

/\/\/\ dont you have a omega C700? if so let me know how some developing goes,hit me with some tips or something,i obtained one earlier this year and have yet to use it.maybe fill me in on anything to look out for or whatever

been developing bw and have a pretty good feel for it, kinda want to open another door and try to develop some color,prob c41 any tips would be great, i already searched all over the www. and found some stuff, just looking for personal experiences from an sp'r

for how long can you use paperdeveloper/stop/fixer when it's mixed with water and in the trays etc.?

and same question goes for the chems in bottles.

Please someone?

thanks homie! I'll google the lifespan of ifosol, but do you know how long I should use errything else?

Ifosol is good shit and lasts awhille

for how long can you use paperdeveloper/stop/fixer when it's mixed with water and in the trays etc.?

and same question goes for the chems in bottles.

Please someone?

do you mean when you just leave them in the trays?

been developing bw and have a pretty good feel for it, kinda want to open another door and try to develop some color,prob c41 any tips would be great, i already searched all over the www. and found some stuff, just looking for personal experiences from an sp'r

i used to. i just ran out of chemicals and never bought more. it's really easy though. i've never done black and white so i can't really compare the two. but there's nothing confusing at all. just remember to keep your temperatures really precise, cause it does affect the photos if it's not within like 5 degrees of what it should be.

at our lab at school we use tmax dev, and we change the stop fix and hypoclear when the developer runs out.

do you mean when you just leave them in the trays?

yeah.

And how much longer does it last when you put it back in bottles?

for my question: when printing, how do you know how many seconds to expose the paper? do you guys do the test paper like THIS

That there is a test strip. I usually cut my paper about an inch wide, as to save paper (test stripes will save you paper). I've been told its best to have a developing time between 10-20 seconds. I usually set the filtration to 3-3.5 and f5.6, then cover up part of the paper(piece of cardboard or something thick), expose for 2 seconds, move the cardboard down half a centimeter(or to your heart's fancy) then repeat. After it is developed, choose the best time. Hope that was clear.

How many times to you guys reuse your developer/fixer? And what developer/fixer will last the longest and still give good results?

Looking to buy some chemicals with my next check, and I kinda wanna get the most out of each batch that I can.

How many times to you guys reuse your developer/fixer? And what developer/fixer will last the longest and still give good results?

Looking to buy some chemicals with my next check, and I kinda wanna get the most out of each batch that I can.

they have chemicals to test them. they last pretty long.

get some hypo check to check the fixer. It works by putting a drop of it in the fixer. if after you drop it in, its comes out white (kind of jizz looking) then its bad. if you drop it in and its clear, then its good. and the worse it is the longer it stays white. etc. Stop bath if you get it you'll know is bad when it turns from yellow to purple. For developer idk if there is any chemicals to check it or which developers last the longest. If i fuckk up typing or some shit, im sorry, im pretty drunk.

Will someone give me a link on how to load film on metal reels... The ones with clips.

I found this guys videos pretty helpful when I was first starting out, but I think this is what you're talking about....

Jay Brunner

There's something not clicking in my brain here, and I need some help. Are daylight tanks and development tanks (Film on reel, goes in tank) just the same thing? A way of eliminating the need for a full dark room setup? That would be awesome as I just don't have the space to setup a room specifically for developing, if I can just do it in the convenience of my bedroom (with the lights on!) then I'm going to go out and start developing film! :(

I understand the film needs to be transfered to the reel in total darkness, but I could just make a box with holes in for that or something!

Cheers!

get a bag to reel the film or use a close and make it light tight. use the tank to develop the film in. its light tight with the top on. you wont need a specific room.

Niice, I'm selling a load of digital gear at the moment, so I should have the money to buy some film bits soon! :blink:

This forum is unhealthy for my wallet :(

sorry im a noob, but are the steps the same for developing medium format film and 35mm?

for black and white yes.

there will always be the steps of developer, stopbath(optional) fixer, perma wash(optional) photo flow(optional)

same wiht what ever type of b/w film. just larger or smaller sizes.

alright idk what i was thinking but i assumed that diafine would compensate me pushing some t-max 100 to 200 but it came out under....is pushing film a no-no with diafine?

alright idk what i was thinking but i assumed that diafine would compensate me pushing some t-max 100 to 200 but it came out under....is pushing film a no-no with diafine?

im pretty sure that you cant push film with those chemicals. i was looking at getting some of it till it said that.

can someone please tell me what the dilution for d-76 and kodak professional fixer should be for like ilford hp5 and pan f.