SkatePerception
Danum

Sony Vx1000 Viewfinder Ribbon Cable Video Tutorial

ahha i ripped my cable as i was putting it in....to much power!

had to send away for a new one.

gotta be gental this time.

[quote name='davo_19' post='2068151' date='Dec 12 2007, 02:20 AM']Nope, gay, must be something else wrong with my VF[/quote]

either that or the cable he sold you was damaged.

[quote name='Gallantry' post='2068184' date='Dec 12 2007, 03:40 AM']ahha i ripped my cable as i was putting it in....to much power!

had to send away for a new one.

gotta be gentle this time.[/quote]

Dang that sucks. Its more of a wiggle rather than a push..

You gotta be real careful with all those cables. actually its best to just be careful all around. cables, screws, pieces etc.

Yea I was starting to get worried too, as I ordered my ribbon cable last friday and still haven't recieved it. I was just ready to call them when i saw the notice on their site.

[quote name='ANDY_VX2100' post='2083934' date='Dec 21 2007, 02:22 PM']Yea I was starting to get worried too, as I ordered my ribbon cable last friday and still haven't recieved it. I was just ready to call them when i saw the notice on their site.[/quote]

Dang. I didn't order my cable from them but there was another site linking to it and i just thought it was easier because you don't need to send an email to purchase the cable.

I got mines from the SP link on the text tutorial.
You guys got me scared. lol.

[quote name='Danum' post='2084232' date='Dec 21 2007, 06:19 PM']Dang. I didn't order my cable from them but there was another site linking to it and i just thought it was easier because you don't need to send an email to purchase the cable.
I got mines from the SP link on the text tutorial.
You guys got me scared. lol.[/quote]

Eh. I'm sure it's just really busy there because of the X-Mas rush. But if I don't hear from them or receieve the cable sometime next week, I'll give them a call.

Nope, still no cable for me. I'm so bummed, I lost out on 62 bucks, still have only a half functional VF, plus I was really looking forward to using your video to guide me through the process. You don't by any chance know of another place to order the cable from, do you?

[quote name='ANDY_VX2100' post='2135484' date='Jan 19 2008, 05:49 PM']Nope, still no cable for me. I'm so bummed, I lost out on 62 bucks, still have only a half functional VF, plus I was really looking forward to using your video to guide me through the process. You don't by any chance know of another place to order the cable from, do you?[/quote]

Well, idk if its just you who never received a cable, or everyone. but [b]i changed the link[/b] to the company i used. Its a bit more complicated, which is why i had another link from another site.

So sorry man. =[

Oh, it's not your fault at all dude. Just the incompetents at nexttronics. Also thanks for the new link, and once again thanks for making this video. I know it will most definitely help me, and I know its helped many others.

oh gosh. i just watched this thru... and am gonna be doing this probably within a week or two. when the cable gets here...

this looks like its mad complicated.. im gonna watchi t a thousand more times.. and read the tutorials....

i think i might make a vid tutorial for putting it back together.. cuz everyone just says.. do it in reverse..
  • Like 1

[quote name='Wes.' post='2213080' date='Feb 27 2008, 11:19 PM']oh gosh. i just watched this thru... and am gonna be doing this probably within a week or two. when the cable gets here...
this looks like its mad complicated.. im gonna watchi t a thousand more times.. and read the tutorials....
i think i might make a vid tutorial for putting it back together.. cuz everyone just says.. do it in reverse..[/quote]

all its really saying is take out all the screws you can find (on the exterior)... except for the 4 tripod plate screws and the ones on TOP of the handle...

"do it in reverse" is just putting all the screws back on.

[quote name='Danum' post='2017923' date='Nov 7 2007, 08:29 PM']I figured i'de post it here since people with broken viewfinders will look here first.
But if thats where it truly belongs then someone move it.[/quote]

Moved to Contribute > Video Hardware Related with a link still in the Filming section.

[quote name='laredoseg' post='2011113' date='Nov 3 2007, 11:40 AM']soundtrack was amazing!
:D[/quote]

anyone know if nexttronics is still not legit? i ordered mine before i saw that people had problems

HELP PLEASE!

[quote name='jacob078' post='2228911' date='Mar 7 2008, 12:35 AM']anyone know if nexttronics is still not legit? i ordered mine before i saw that people had problems

HELP PLEASE![/quote]
bump

I would just like you all to know that the tritonics link is very very legit..ordered a ribbon cable from there sunday nigh and it was at my house by tuesday afternoon...

ran into a problem when doing the fix tho, i can't get the new cable in, im confused as to where the slot is. i mean im pretty sure im trying to put it in the right place but it wont snap or stay in...could anybody help?

haha, i skipped ALLLLLLLL of that bullshit, and just ordered the ribbon cable, and sent it and my vx to kerry at video electronics and he hooked it up for me

[quote name='escapistwhat' post='2726763' date='Oct 29 2008, 11:34 PM']haha, i skipped ALLLLLLLL of that bullshit, and just ordered the ribbon cable, and sent it and my vx to kerry at video electronics and he hooked it up for me[/quote]

pussed out*

lol, more power to kerry and its good that you supported him mang... but this is easy and fun... i'd pretty much let people send me their cams and do this for them.. haha