SkatePerception
Danum

Sony Vx1000 Viewfinder Ribbon Cable Video Tutorial

always got some shit to say, wes

there was an issue with the video circuit that he found and fixed for me in the midst of replacing my cable. something i wouldnt have known had i not sent it to kerry

i emailed the people at tritronics asking if i could order the part and i got this:

Hello:

This is a flexible circuit board, and as such we do not sell them to end users. End users are the term we use for the owners of the models. We only sell them to Service Centers.

halp

[quote name='owierjilin' post='2768501' date='Nov 18 2008, 01:32 PM']i emailed the people at tritronics asking if i could order the part and i got this:

Hello:

This is a flexible circuit board, and as such we do not sell them to end users. End users are the term we use for the owners of the models. We only sell them to Service Centers.

halp[/quote]

You shouldn't have to email them. Just find the part on their website, add it to your cart, and checkout. The transaction went down like any other online transaction. Pop in your credit card number and you should be set.

Thanks so much dude! I ordered my ribbon cable from nexttronics (heard bad reviews about them and was kind of sketched out). But I got it 2 weeks after I ordered it. But i live in canada. anyways tutorial helped alot. After i finished putting back together my vx the tape door wouldnt shut. it was scary shit. i took apart the right side of the vx and realligned it and it works now. cheers man thanks for the tutorial!

thanks for the link man. and like everyone else who posted here, i will be using your video. just two questions: what the hell happened when you took your handle off in the video? and how should it come off?

[quote name='SamClay' post='2950565' date='Feb 14 2009, 11:39 AM']Thanks so much dude! I ordered my ribbon cable from nexttronics (heard bad reviews about them and was kind of sketched out). But I got it 2 weeks after I ordered it. But i live in canada. anyways tutorial helped alot. After i finished putting back together my vx the tape door wouldnt shut. it was scary shit. i took apart the right side of the vx and realligned it and it works now. cheers man thanks for the tutorial![/quote]

Yea this happened to me when i was repairing a friends cable... I just took it back apart a little and then it was all good when i put it back together..

[quote name='ercicG.' post='2955006' date='Feb 16 2009, 11:45 PM']thanks for the link man. and like everyone else who posted here, i will be using your video. just two questions: what the hell happened when you took your handle off in the video? and how should it come off?[/quote]

The handle is connected to the camera by a cable . You should NOT take that cable.. Just let the handle hang around i guess haha. thats what i did. just be careful, i was so used to holding it by the handle that i picked it up like that a few times.

what happens to the ribbon cable when it stops working ? cause i was wondering if i could do this and just make sure the cable is secured tightly, would that do anything ?

[quote name='ChrisR' post='2985928' date='Mar 3 2009, 06:44 PM']what happens to the ribbon cable when it stops working ? cause i was wondering if i could do this and just make sure the cable is secured tightly, would that do anything ?[/quote]

your viewfinder looks like it's either black, or if it isn't torn that badly then you may be able to see what you're looking at only it has a mean dark blue tint to it...

no i understand that, but mine only goes black when tilted all the way up so i'm wondering if it may just not be in tight or something

[quote name='ChrisR' post='2986615' date='Mar 3 2009, 11:07 PM']no i understand that, but mine only goes black when tilted all the way up so i'm wondering if it may just not be in tight or something[/quote]
Mine did the same thing, it was worn out and you could see where it was worn down. If you tilt it up and point a flashlight at just the right angle you can probably see where it's broken

so how much would it cost to send it to video electronics for the ribbon cable to be fixed? would any one know? haha im desperate because the screws are stuck on the vx

Video Electronics rate for SP members is..

Viewfinder Fix - Includes cleaning $175

so which site is legit now ?

EDIT: is this it ? [url="https://www.encompassparts.com/webwiz/wwiz.asp?wwizmstr=WEB.SEE&partnumber=4035773"]Ribbon Cable ?[/url]

[quote name='SteveLaClair' post='2053217' date='Dec 2 2007, 03:07 PM']Would I be able to put that up on SP? I'm trying to move towards video tutorials.[/quote]

can someone send me a working link to a ribbon cable. I clicked the links on the first page but it doesn't say anything about vx1000 ribbon cables.

[quote name='qwqwqwqw' post='3109715' date='May 21 2009, 01:46 PM']can someone send me a working link to a ribbon cable. I clicked the links on the first page but it doesn't say anything about vx1000 ribbon cables.[/quote]
yes someone please do that. i need a ribbon cableee =(

where can i get it cheap?

also im wondering why nobody's putting how much they paid for it when they say "i bought it from 'x' website", i'd think that would be nice to know and compare prices. specially when a lot of the sites dont list the prices upfront.

Hey I see a lot of you were having trouble figuring out how to buy your ribbon cable. I see that most complaints were from a few months ago and probably already answered but I just ordered one so I figured I'd give a step by step of that for anyone who needs it.

1) click this link [url="http://www.encompassparts.com/shop_guest.asp"]http://www.encompassparts.com/shop_guest.asp[/url]
---------this is the guest log in page for tritronicsinc
2) click log in
3) on the left in the "Part #" search box copy and past this number 165640013 and hit search
4) verify that the part matches these descriptions
---------Part Number 1-656-400-13
---------Description Pc Board, Fp-217
5) Add to cart and check out like any normal online ordering and BAM your vx1k ribbon cable is on its way!

O and for you who were asking about price, It was $55.52 with out shipping.

[quote name='Chris7s' post='3325905' date='Oct 25 2009, 10:43 PM']^^ so thats the legit place to get them [i]right[/i]??[/quote]

ya man ordered mine from there, it came in around a week. Its in my camera and working now. best of luck.