SkatePerception
flipsrowleykid

Beginners Guide To The Vx1000

[quote name='ChrisT.' post='3141261' date='Jun 9 2009, 04:02 PM']The guide is for beginners, not the beginning guide of a series. No one said there'd be another[/quote]

someone please make oneeee

btw i'm making the audio bars make the red light flash constantly on the REC level is that bad or good? I looked at some footy and it was a lil distorted i put the level all the way up while walking in nyc.

[quote name='crimsonskater92' post='2875610' date='Jan 7 2009, 05:45 PM']hey quick question,

How do you get the high quality option for youtube. Do you set it on your vx 1000 or on your editing software. If you set it on the camera please tell me how.

Also is there anyway to improve the quality of your videos or is it just setting things like the exposure, white balence shutter speed etc. perfectly that makes your quality better. Or do you also do this with your editing system.

Your instructions were very helpful,Thank you ![/quote]

You get the high quality option on youtube by exporting out of youtube with the following formats.

.mp4/.mov/.avi/ and a few others.

I personally use mp4 because it renders out quick. But with .mov you can get a really good compression and a smaller file out of it if compressed right.

The only thing settings like exposure/white balance/ and shutter speed are gonna do is effect the way your picture comes out. Not so much the quality. Well, the quality of the colors, and motion, and the exposure are going to be effected obviously.

But not the overall picture definition.

[quote name='qwqwqwqw' post='3140779' date='Jun 9 2009, 04:09 AM']i wanna know this too. Also where is guide number TWO? When you kept saying this is the beginners guide ok but where is guide after this?[/quote]

He didn't promise anyone a second one.

Gimmie Gimmie never gets.

[quote name='qwqwqwqw' post='3144326' date='Jun 11 2009, 01:18 AM']btw i'm making the audio bars make the red light flash constantly on the REC level is that bad or good? I looked at some footy and it was a lil distorted i put the level all the way up while walking in nyc.[/quote]

The audio should be set to "tap" the red level. Not have it constantly light up. If its constantly lighting up, then its to loud. If its tapping the red light, then things like a popped trick are the peaking point of the audio.

So it should hit the red light when someone pops an trick. Not things like when people are talking, or overall environment noise.

[quote name='qwqwqwqw' post='3144326' date='Jun 11 2009, 02:18 AM']btw i'm making the audio bars make the red light flash constantly on the REC level is that bad or good? I looked at some footy and it was a lil distorted i put the level all the way up while walking in nyc.[/quote]

Use auto... for a vx1000.

trust me. sounds perfect.

[quote name='Danum' post='3159104' date='Jun 20 2009, 03:18 PM']Use auto... for a vx1000.

trust me. sounds perfect.[/quote]

Its kinda of bias on the vx1k to use auto audio.

I mean yeah it sounds good. But if you ever change setup's to anything else really, your gonna have to learn how to set audio.

yo thanks alot dude it helped alot, also this may sound like a stupid question but the zoom next to the photo button is for photos and video right?

yo thanks alot dude it helped alot, also this may sound like a stupid question but the zoom next to the photo button is for photos and video right?

yeah

ok this may sound retarded, but i just got my vx today and my friend who sold it to me put up all manual, but now i cannot figure out how to get passed this retarded AE program thing. ahhh help would be so appreciated.

ok this may sound retarded, but i just got my vx today and my friend who sold it to me put up all manual, but now i cannot figure out how to get passed this retarded AE program thing. ahhh help would be so appreciated.

did you even read the guide?