SkatePerception
dan_haney1118@hotmail.com

Fully Flared

[quote name='SteveLaClair' post='2059345' date='Dec 6 2007, 07:40 AM']The intro had to be film, even with HVX overcranking you couldn't get a slow mo that perfect.... plus there's telecine in the credits, I can't think of anywhere else they would have got that.[/quote]

nope they used a Phantom HD high speed cam.

[quote name='RobertGarcia' post='2077343' date='Dec 17 2007, 08:24 PM']so bummed that HD is emerging.
I like the raw feel of a skate video as to some cinimatic shit. Just some solid ass vx1 footy.
Gona keep that shit vx1000 as long as I can, or would would be a dream... Start a petition to Sony or Panasonic to make a small lightweight HD camera with the same barrel size as the vx1000 so you could attach the mk1 to and have the same distortion as a vx1000. HAH![/quote]

I agree 100% on the HD emergence. However, everything has to progress, and in the world of filming and cinematography, HD is the progression. The owner of the shop I film for is going to have a panny pretty soon, and when I eventually get deeper and deeper into the shop video, everyone is going to want HD intros, and all that and whatnot. It just sucks that I have no one else on the team to agree with me on my disliking HD, they all think its fresh and new and just makes skating look good. Which yes, I think it does, but still when you look back 10 years ago, it was and still IS the industry standard on filming (vx1k). I honestly don't think that setup will ever be replaced in skateboarding. 10 years from now, who knows. I can't say that every filmer now will have HD and it will become the industry standard, but I know for damn sure there will still be vx1's everywhere, with videos still being produced in that way.

While I'm on the subject of 10 years, I'm calling Fully Flared to be one of the best if not THE best video to come out in that time.

[quote name='FrenchFuck' post='2078186' date='Dec 18 2007, 01:27 AM']Not for the next 9 years. Until the prices come down and a good fisheye is made for HD cams we don't have to worry. MK1 forever[/quote]

Nine years?

Sorry man, your dreaming.

Its funny, this cult of VX1/MK1.

Cairo Fosters intro when he fell through the floor. I thought that was really tacky and cheapened that section. But I know a lot will disagree.

[quote name='faustfire' post='2078251' date='Dec 18 2007, 09:56 AM']Nine years?

Sorry man, your dreaming.

Its funny, this cult of VX1/MK1.[/quote]
I'm not arrogant or anything, but you have to use that setup to understand the "cult".

I wish we could go back a few years to when I joined this site. People were saying that in a year everybody will go at least DVX and all videos will be in HD, just like people are saying today. Honestly, I don't think the switch is going to be made that quickly. Its just too affordable to make a skate video with a vx1000/mk1, that theres no really good reason to switch to HD other than it looking better.

[quote name='Biggie11' post='2078393' date='Dec 18 2007, 03:12 PM']I wish we could go back a few years to when I joined this site. People were saying that in a year everybody will go at least DVX and all videos will be in HD, just like people are saying today. Honestly, I don't think the switch is going to be made that quickly. Its just too affordable to make a skate video with a vx1000/mk1, that theres no really good reason to switch to HD other than it looking better.[/quote]
That's right. When cinemas came everybody said that nobody will ever go to the regular theatre anymore. Or when television appeard, everybody thought that books were outdated and pointless.

[quote name='Antti' post='2078377' date='Dec 18 2007, 04:53 AM']I'm not arrogant or anything, but you have to use that setup to understand the "cult".[/quote]
You also have to use a DVX or HVX to understand the "cult" which is logical to be a part of in today's world.

[quote name='pedronater' post='2078613' date='Dec 18 2007, 01:38 PM']You also have to use a DVX or HVX to understand the "cult" which is logical to be a part of in today's world.[/quote]

But , I know it's been said ad infinity before , most people can't afford/don't have access. The VX1K/MK1/VX2100/VX2000/GayNox/MK2 setup is the end all affordable filmer setup. If every kid had 9000 to spend on a camera then I'm sure there'd be more HD setups. But honestly theres no justifying that amount of money on friends and skateboards. Even for the semi-professional filmer it's a bit of a stretch.

On another note I believe that all this HD crap is just capitalism working at its finest. TV sales are going down so what's the answer? NEW FORMAT ! BIGGER ! BETTER! YOU NEED THIS TO TRULY ENJOY LIFE! ehhh.... no , no I don't and fuck you for forcing me to switch in 9 years [i]because they plan on phasing out[/i] Low Def TV. :ph34r:

[quote name='jeff LCFP' post='2078200' date='Dec 17 2007, 10:42 PM']nope they used a Phantom HD high speed cam.[/quote]

Are you positive on that one? I looked in the credits and from what I can remember it seemed like they were running a film production....I have to say though, that's definitely a possibility.

[quote name='marky' post='2061988' date='Dec 8 2007, 10:23 AM']I think Fully Flared is gonna be the best video for the next 10 years.[/quote]
how? its not as good as mosaic and that shit already came out

[quote name='Antti' post='2078377' date='Dec 18 2007, 07:53 AM']I'm not arrogant or anything, but you have to use that setup to understand the "cult".[/quote]

I ran that setup for a long, long, time, and I can get results just as good or better from every camera I've had since.

[quote name='FrenchFuck' post='2078662' date='Dec 18 2007, 02:28 PM']But , I know it's been said ad infinity before , most people can't afford/don't have access. The VX1K/MK1/VX2100/VX2000/GayNox/MK2 setup is the end all affordable filmer setup. If every kid had 9000 to spend on a camera then I'm sure there'd be more HD setups. But honestly theres no justifying that amount of money on friends and skateboards. Even for the semi-professional filmer it's a bit of a stretch.

On another note I believe that all this HD crap is just capitalism working at its finest. TV sales are going down so what's the answer? NEW FORMAT ! BIGGER ! BETTER! YOU NEED THIS TO TRULY ENJOY LIFE! ehhh.... no , no I don't and fuck you for forcing me to switch in 9 years [i]because they plan on phasing out[/i] Low Def TV. :ph34r:[/quote]

Not all HD setups cost $9000, not everything HD has to be shot on an HVX. Hd is the next logical step, or maybe we should all still be watching 9" black and white tvs, or running 67hrtz computers, or maybe riding around in Model T's.

[quote name='jeff LCFP' post='2078200' date='Dec 18 2007, 01:42 AM']nope they used a Phantom HD high speed cam.[/quote]

Want to bet money on it?

You're going to lose.

[url="http://www.skateperception.com/spotlight/introcams.mp4"]http://www.skateperception.com/spotlight/introcams.mp4[/url]

It's nice to know I could kill .01% of bad information spread on here.

[quote name='FrenchFuck' post='2078662' date='Dec 18 2007, 11:28 AM']But , I know it's been said ad infinity before , most people can't afford/don't have access. The VX1K/MK1/VX2100/VX2000/GayNox/MK2 setup is the end all affordable filmer setup. If every kid had 9000 to spend on a camera then I'm sure there'd be more HD setups. But honestly theres no justifying that amount of money on friends and skateboards. Even for the semi-professional filmer it's a bit of a stretch.

On another note I believe that all this HD crap is just capitalism working at its finest. TV sales are going down so what's the answer? NEW FORMAT ! BIGGER ! BETTER! YOU NEED THIS TO TRULY ENJOY LIFE! ehhh.... no , no I don't and fuck you for forcing me to switch in 9 years [i]because they plan on phasing out[/i] Low Def TV. :ph34r:[/quote]
Actually by law all television programming in California will be transmitted in HD in 2009 and whoever doesn´t have an HDTV will receive a converter for free.

[quote name='SteveLaClair' post='2080307' date='Dec 19 2007, 07:29 AM']Want to bet money on it?
You're going to lose.
[url="http://www.skateperception.com/spotlight/introcams.mp4"]http://www.skateperception.com/spotlight/introcams.mp4[/url]

It's nice to know I could kill .01% of bad information spread on here.[/quote]
When are you going to post the whole interview?

[quote name='pedronater' post='2080365' date='Dec 19 2007, 12:03 PM']When are you going to post the whole interview?[/quote]

Soon, i'm trying to figure out how I want to deliver it... the whole thing ended up going 39 minutes so I gotta shorten it down a bunch.

where ya been Hd is all over the net and we all know how shitty YOUTUBE looks .
Wouldnt you want your shit to look better no matter where it was posted i sure would.
Places llike SP,Vimeo and other websites are moving to the Flahs/h264 and the stuff looks good as hell and will only get better .

If you shoot with HD camera, you can deliver it for SD tv's too via SD DVD's. (as well as high def dvd's, whenever that war is over we'll know which)

[quote name='RE1000' post='2080427' date='Dec 19 2007, 10:11 AM']If you shoot with HD camera, you can deliver it for SD tv's too via SD DVD's. (as well as high def dvd's, whenever that war is over we'll know which)[/quote]
Blu-ray is gonna win for sure, it´s pretty much outselling hd-dvd 3:1

[quote name='SteveLaClair' post='2080368' date='Dec 19 2007, 09:08 AM']Soon, i'm trying to figure out how I want to deliver it... the whole thing ended up going 39 minutes so I gotta shorten it down a bunch.[/quote]
Maybe you could divide it up into sections like one where he talks all about the cameras, another about trips and getting footy, etc. Damn dividing 39 minutes of an interview is gonna be hard.

[quote name='wayoutfilms' post='2080487' date='Dec 19 2007, 11:09 AM']just let us hear the whole 39 minutes no ones gonna complain, interviews are always too short[/quote]

Yeah I would like to hear the full 39 minutes also.