SkatePerception
goonface

How To Get Smooth Ramped Slow Mo's

Hmm. Maybe re-install virtualdub. If you installed it before AviSynth that might be the problem.

Is there any way to create a macro or sequence (or whatever else it's called) or anything in AFX and the other programs?

That way you could do this once, then automatically do it again.

That'd be pretty amazing.

That doesn't really make sense, cause all of the clips are different? So you'd want to ramp them in different ways.

[quote name='ChazUKdeux' post='2314743' date='Apr 21 2008, 02:16 PM']That doesn't really make sense, cause all of the clips are different? So you'd want to ramp them in different ways.[/quote]

For the macro idea?

It would be for the process and stuff after the actual slo-mo points are set.

But it might not work, because you're right, all the clips would be different...

[quote name='goonface' post='2317570' date='Apr 22 2008, 10:05 PM']Its up now.[/quote]

Wow that looks remarkably easier.

goodface, I'm stoked to find out that you are using a Windows computer haha.

goodface hahahah was that intentional?

Yeah some other people have been surprised about that as well. I'm just a poor college student who can't afford a mac. This PC is almost 3 years old now.

Cheers dude, sorted the audio right out. I still don't like the Twixtor effect though, when you do it on some fast moving footage, it starts to try and create crisp inbetween frames, but they don't look as nice as pixel motion frame blending.

[quote name='ChazUKdeux' post='2318391' date='Apr 23 2008, 01:24 PM']Cheers dude, sorted the audio right out. I still don't like the Twixtor effect though, when you do it on some fast moving footage, it starts to try and create crisp inbetween frames, but they don't look as nice as pixel motion frame blending.[/quote]
Pixel motion frame blending?

[quote name='goonface' post='2318438' date='Apr 23 2008, 01:04 PM']Pixel motion frame blending?[/quote]
Well I'm pretty sure it works, unless my eyes are just messing me about, but you can change the frame blending, (not motion blur) there are 2 types.

I think Kramer has done a tutorial with it somewhere

[quote name='goonface' post='2318215' date='Apr 23 2008, 10:14 AM']goodface hahahah was that intentional?

Yeah some other people have been surprised about that as well. I'm just a poor college student who can't afford a mac. This PC is almost 3 years old now.[/quote]

goonface* lol... Yeah I wish I could say that was intentional.

But I feel you on the PC thing.

It was like either buy a VX1000 setup or a Mac, and I chose the VX. Now there's no way I could afford either haha.

shit is there like any demo for twixtor. That shit looks so good.

are virtul dub and avisynth mac compatible? i see .exe extensions and the virtual dub page wasn't vary clear.

[quote name='starbait45' post='2384420' date='May 28 2008, 07:45 PM']are virtul dub and avisynth mac compatible? i see .exe extensions and the virtual dub page wasn't vary clear.[/quote]
I don't think so but maybe idk. Try it out.

nice!!! i like the twixtor method but i can't do the ramp slow mo. it worked great for regular slow motion though. i did all 3 compositions and checked my settings but for some reason it doesn't slow mo the trick after i render it. any idea what i could be doing wrong? do i have to set keyframes maybe?

I searched around for ramped slo mo how to's and i found this:

[url="http://www.scribd.com/doc/21873/Ramped-SlowMo-Howto"]http://www.scribd.com/doc/21873/Ramped-SlowMo-Howto[/url]

it shows the way to do it in after effects, and the way to do it old school style in premiere or any other nle (i did it old school style)

this is what i came up with
[url="http://www.zshare.net/video/1919782552ec4c94/"]http://www.zshare.net/video/1919782552ec4c94/[/url]

My tutorial is for a specific kind of ramp where it creates its own frames between your own videos frames. It results in a smoother motion.

if I'm making a video. Is there a way I could put the super slow motion clip in premiere and make it play normal then slow mo it And it still come out perfect? Or will be all blurry like it always does shooting with vx2000?

[quote name='deathlenz' post='2687430' date='Oct 12 2008, 12:42 PM']thanks for the twixtor tut, great how there is so much control!!!

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1yXXTtS74w"]My twixtor test[/url][/quote]
looked pretty good! did you follow my tutorial exactly? I thought it would've came out smoother.

[quote name='DCarulli' post='2694645' date='Oct 15 2008, 07:06 AM']looked pretty good! did you follow my tutorial exactly? I thought it would've came out smoother.[/quote]

Yeah every step , might be the compression thanks for the help ..